IGNORED

Rock Band!

Strawp

Who's to say they#ll be flawless. A lot of the initial GHIII Les Pauls got returned because the neck connection wasn't flush and kept cutting out.

Not flawless perhaps, but there's already positive impressions of them out and I would expect the chaps who've been making guitars since the first Guitar Hero, than EA who botched up the hardware situation with Rock Band plenty despite the innovation and awesomeness of redefining the concept.

Oh man I am really struggling with the drumming. I played through one song on hard the other night and about 4 on medium, and my knee was a bit achey. Then I went upstairs for a moment and I was in tatters. Every step was such agony. I had to almost hop down one leg on the way back down.

I dont think theres much I can do about this. Ive tried positioning the pedal further away and it makes no difference, its just hurts so much after playing.

:)

I dont think theres much I can do about this. Ive tried positioning the pedal further away and it makes no difference, its just hurts so much after playing.

:)

You probably are doing it wrong. Keep your foot pressed down on the pedal at all times. When you press it, raise your whole foot slightly and press back down with your heel. Your knee shouldn't come into it.

Quick iPhone note: band in the box + disc bundle £125 all formats in hmv.

Took advantage of this yesterday - orginally wanted the 360 version, but was told that all the 360 Instrument Packs they'd had turned out to be faulty and had to be returned, so, flash git that I am, I said I'd go for the PS3 version instead.

Had my first booze and Rock Band session last night. And thrashing about on the drums this morning is turning out to be a surprisingly effective hangover distraction.

As well as keeping your foot down by default, you might want try a higher chair. I've had to play on a sofa around at a mate's house and my leg hurt much more than when I was on my own dining chair. In the end I bought a proper drum stool so I could raise myself even higher still (I've got quite long legs) and I've not had a single problem since then.

One of the youtube drumming tutorials, that someone linked to on here, said that your thigh should be just off horizontal, so your knee is slightly lower than your hip.

As well as keeping your foot down by default, you might want try a higher chair. I've had to play on a sofa around at a mate's house and my leg hurt much more than when I was on my own dining chair. In the end I bought a proper drum stool so I could raise myself even higher still (I've got quite long legs) and I've not had a single problem since then.

One of the youtube drumming tutorials, that someone linked to on here, said that your thigh should be just off horizontal, so your knee is slightly lower than your hip.

Yep, I was about to post the same thing. Ordinary dining chairs are about 2 inches too low, and although that doesn't sound like much, it makes a huge difference.

The video in question is this one by Flo Mounier of Cryptopsy:

and everyone should watch it. You won't be able to play as fast as him (seeing as he's one of the best death metal drummers in the world) but the advice is sound for all levels.

If you're using the standard Rock Band pedal, as I assume you are, then I recommend using a couple of cable ties to attach it to the cross-member at the bottom of the kit. It'll stop it bouncing up off the floor if you lift your foot off it, since the spring really is far too strong.

i always lift my leg up quite high (and off the pedal) when playing hard/expert. Its probably not right, but the only way i can seem to hit double notes.

There's not really anything wrong with doing this. For fast double-hits you'll want to hold your leg up using your quadriceps/extensor (thigh) muscles, then move your foot at the ankle. Mounier demonstrates this fairly clearly too. :)

Has anyone had issues with the PS3 downloads? I just bought the UK version and downloaded a few songs. All of them bar the Police collection are fine. The Police song pack installs fine but if I choose any of them the game freezes. I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now and keep getting the same issue. Anyone else had this? Can't find anything on line.

Edit- never mind. Finally found something. looks liek there's an issue with their servers and lots of people complaining about this- other songs having the same issue.

If you're using the standard Rock Band pedal, as I assume you are, then I recommend using a couple of cable ties to attach it to the cross-member at the bottom of the kit. It'll stop it bouncing up off the floor if you lift your foot off it, since the spring really is far too strong.

Nice idea! But actually I think I can somehow fix the pedal from underneath. I think the travel is too long, but I find the spring too weedy to be honest. I'll be getting a proper pedal once I decide on what kit to get next as I am not keen on the original Rockband one.

To those struggling, I can only reiterate what others have said, height makes all the difference. It's why I bought a drum stool. Only £25 and well worth it.

To those struggling, I can only reiterate what others have said, height makes all the difference. It's why I bought a drum stool. Only £25 and well worth it.

I might have to actually do this, I find myself struggling to do reliable quick foot pedal notes despite following all of the guidance here. I can only assume that my crappy chair height isn't helping, and I played a lot better when I had a drum stool at a friends.

Question is can I actually pluck up the courage to go into a shop to buy a stool that will be used purely for this game. :)

I might have to actually do this, I find myself struggling to do reliable quick foot pedal notes despite following all of the guidance here. I can only assume that my crappy chair height isn't helping, and I played a lot better when I had a drum stool at a friends.

Question is can I actually pluck up the courage to go into a shop to buy a stool that will be used purely for this game. :ph34r:

Yes! I even told them what it was for as they attempted to get into a hard sell of a more expensive stool. I said it was for Rockband and they just nodded in acknowledgement. This was at the large Dawsons store in Manchester Piccadilly.

So tempted...!

I crumbled and bought it yesterday. Obviously it's brilliant, but I have some issues with it:

1. I've been drumming for 15 years, and can confirm that you're not doing it wrong, the pedal is just shit.

2. I was hoping for a nice long learning curve, but jumped straight into expert on drums and I haven't found a song I couldn't get 85% or above on first time. Hopefully the difficulty level ramps up significantly, as it's very fun but no challenge whatsoever at the moment.

3. The strum bar doesn't click. Bastards.

Brilliant though.

I crumbled and bought it yesterday. Obviously it's brilliant, but I have some issues with it:

1. I've been drumming for 15 years, and can confirm that you're not doing it wrong, the pedal is just shit.

2. I was hoping for a nice long learning curve, but jumped straight into expert on drums and I haven't found a song I couldn't get 85% or above on first time. Hopefully the difficulty level ramps up significantly, as it's very fun but no challenge whatsoever at the moment.

Brilliant though.

You've been drumming for 15 years, of course there's no challenge.

Brilliant though.

Well surely points 1 and 2 arent valid at all for someone who hasnt been drumming for 15 years. for the rest of us mortals with no drumming experience the learning curve is perfect. Well except for RTTH on hard :) Still not beaten it.