IGNORED

Rock Band!

Strawp

I'll pick up the game to play with my Guitar Hero guitar when I can get it for sub-£20. No great loss if that turns out to be "never".

Anyone that buys this at full price is part of the problem.

Student ? The game's RRP is £49.99 it'll retail at £39.99 or £44.99 like everything else.

Some incredible posts in here so far.

Student ? The game's RRP is £49.99 it'll retail at £39.99 or £44.99 like everything else.

It'll retail at that without any peripherals. It'd cost over £100 for the game and a Guitar, when Guitar Hero 3 could be found for £50 with guitar in the shops upon release.

Anybody who is trying to argue these prices make sense is a complete buffoon.

Nah, not a student, just frugal/poor.

Don't have a problem with the standalone game price, I just personally won't buy it at full price (as I don't most games). The fact that the game ISN'T INCLUDED with the peripherals takes the piss though.

And yeah, the main point was: vote with your money. Relying on gullible early-adopters to pay over the odds is nothing new, but it's a cynical, greedy move. Don't fall for it!

the only way that I can possibly think that EA can justify this price is that EA UK is actually two guys operating out of one of their mom's basement and are ordering the u.s. bundles from someone here in the states. afterwards, they are removing the u.s. software (which they are then wholesaling back here in the states) and putting in a uk edition that they're purchasing from amazon.co.uk with super saver shipping.

what a sorry state of events after a 6+ month delay from the original launch date. ;)

if anyone still wants a u.s. bundle (either platform), give me a shout via a pm.

in other news, I would strongly avoid the 360 wireless guitars for awhile. the separate guitars launched here late last week and it appears that the 360 ones are nothing but refurished guitars from the whole strumbar debacle. the backside of the one that I purchased for myself was all scratched and finger printed up (straight out of the box).

opening it up further revealed that EA now employes trained monkeys armed with hot-glue guns. literally, a half stick of hot-glue is being used to secure all of the components (including a huge capacitor which is cacooned near the battery compartment). additionally, the 360 version of the guitar lacks the power switch that the ps3 wireless guitar has. I'll post pics later tonight.

Well... the PR that was there was new and didn't have any answers.

WHAT A FUCKING GAME, THOUGH!!

£180? It could be £380 and I'd still buy the fucker now I've played it.

What the fuck happened to your backbone?

FAIL.gif

Rock band or a PS3? or half a 1080p tv or a new PC. hmmmmmm. If my amazon pre-order is just the game and quitar for £70, which looks pretty likely now, then I won't bother as I'm only really interested in the drumming.

It's a real shame that not more people will get involved due to the price. I would go as far as to say that it is worth that price it's just the fact that it's available for half the price elsewhere for no particular reason that galls.

I wouldn't hold your collective breath for a price drop...people will pay for this.

additionally, the 360 version of the guitar lacks the power switch that the ps3 wireless guitar has. I'll post pics later tonight.

Have EA mentioned why are there differences between the two types of controller?