Rock Band!

Strawp

Welcome to the shafted whammy bar club. Oddly in all the years of my GH1 guitar its never ever broken.

Anyway I am now pretty much in the fender guitar being the best guitar of the two, it may not click but I find it far easier to hit the faster notes more consistently with it and it feels nicer to hold and use. Its still a toy, but feels a lot less toy like in its execution. Going back to GH3 feels odd as the guitar is smaller, fatter and looks overall that little less professional.

Horses for courses and all that mind you.

Maybe. To be honest, I'm tempted to pick up a GHIII 360 guitar and make that my main one when it comes out. The Strat is soooooooooooooooooooooooo much higher quality it's untrue, but because the mechanism seems a bit more complex there's more chance for it all to go wrong. I can't believe the problems people in this thread have had, it's fucking abominable. I'm not looking forward to it when it hit's retail because EA can't do what they did in Candialand and America by putting a bit of paper in the box and saying "Don't return it to the store" because over here, by law, people can.

I've got a Panasonic plasma in the lounge and I've had no trouble with the calibration. I did the automatic setting and it seems to work fine.

And yeah, the lack-of-click is something that you need to get used you, but I like it.

With regards to the European version, no we haven't heard anything, other than they said that they wanted a more 'UK-centric' tracklisting.

Arctic Monkeys please. (for the drumming alone)

Mine's a Sammy running through the 5.1. I think that's where the problem lies, as I'm 85% sure when I put it through the TV speakers (shudder) there was no problem. I think there must be some set up options in the TV/surround I haven't faffed with. The Ps3 runs straight into the 5.1 via optical and the tv via HDMI so I'd have thought it would be as quick as you like. But yeah, lag has been a massive problem. We had Iza's brother up and he really wasn't feeling the love because of it, whereas I had gotten used to the fraction of a second longer it takes. The whole setup debacle is another case of "How Shit Is Moosey?"

Question: does anybody have this (PS3 version) and Time Crisis 4? It would be phenomonal if you could use the drum pedal with it.

Those who got CVG with the pad/pedal mod would have their mind blown.

bloody hell what an idea! im gonna try this now!...

I finally managed to complete solo career drums on hard last night. Blackened remains the only song I have which I can't do at that difficulty, and probably always will. Upped my career score a bit with a 430k GG+HT effort too, on hard still.

;)

Singstar mics still don't work for me with this game. ;) Dunno what the hell is wrong, it'll pick up maybe 1 in every 10 words being sung, + for the rest it's like I'm silent, so I have no idea what's wrong with it.

You need to turn up the mic sensitivity in the options.

Sony suck?

Well 360 owners get the songs on tuesday morning + they didn't get much notice.

The songs are:

"Shockwave" by Black Tide (Master)

"Crushcrushcrush" by Paramore (Master)

"Beethoven's C***" by Serj Tankian (Master)

Having youtubed the 3 songs I predict that I will be knackered after trying these on drums on friday. Energetic drumming songs for sure.

Holy shit, Squigs overtaking my drums score meant I had to order new drums with my old yellow drum being now truelly fucked, so I ordered from barnes + noble yesterday, sent out last night, it has already arrived in northern ireland with possible delivery tomorrow! :) Now that's friggin fast. Along with some pads to stick on to the drums that I got off ebay to stop it happening again (they arrived today), I could be challenging for top spot again much sooner than expected. :(

Worked out at £57 delivered, not allowing for possible customs ofcourse, but on this occasion it seems to have bypassed customs. :)

Holy shit, Squigs overtaking my drums score meant I had to order new drums with my old yellow drum being now truelly fucked, so I ordered from barnes + noble yesterday, sent out last night, it has already arrived in northern ireland with possible delivery tomorrow! :( Now that's friggin fast. Along with some pads to stick on to the drums that I got off ebay to stop it happening again (they arrived today), I could be challenging for top spot again much sooner than expected. :D

Worked out at £57 delivered, not allowing for possible customs ofcourse, but on this occasion it seems to have bypassed customs. :D

:angry:

Nice one. I really ought to order some of those pads that quieten them a bit, must be pissing my neighbours off something mental. I noticed last night that I'd managed to 5* pretty much everything on hard drums, just the final tier that lets me down.

Really looking forward to the Paramore track, and it's good to see they're getting stuff as recent as that. I think it'll be the most recently released track on there so far. Now to keep my fingers crossed for something by The Used...

You should have plenty time to regain the top spot though, not sure how much playing time I'll be able to put in over the next few days. :(

I've had some rubber pads for a while, apart from being proper ugly (beige), they don't really even do that much.

Moving into my new house next week (from a flat) and they'll be coming straight off, I'll be able to make as much noise as I please!!!

I haven't noticed mucho difference with my drum pads either. Has anyone managed to complete GG&HT on expert guitar yet? I got 93% through it t'other day. 93%! I fucking panicked though. :angry: Even got those pissing wavy parts out the way for the first time, too.

Which supplier did you get them for? And do they soften the sound much?

The seller was crustydusty, cost £12 delivered. I'm more concerned about protecting the drums from another cracked crum plate rather than the noise. There's 2 pads for each drum, 1 is coloured the same as the drum rim + fits the whole drum plate, + a smaller either black or white pad which sits on top of that + is slightly smaller.

My new drums just arrived which is pretty incredible, just shows you how fast these things can be when parcelshitforce aren't involved. :(

Squigs if you can 5* QoTSA on hard level then mucho kudos to you, I'd never do that in a million years, songs with a lot of quick double kicks just tire me out long before the end + my leg refuses to double kick at that stage. :angry:

I'd be kinda curious to know just how much some people have spent on this game. I dont mean this in a "ha ha you're all so stupid" kinda way, just that with all the tweaks, mods, fixes, extra kit, downloads, etc, it sounds like some people have spent huuuuuuge amounts on the game. Then there's the talk of buying second copies of the game and stuff, or getting the 360 and PS3 versions.

Like I said, not meant negatively, you all sound like you think its worth it, I'm just curious.