IGNORED

NiGHTS on Wii

NonShinyGoose

Really annoying as I had such high hopes and the intro got me tingly. NiGHTS doesn't need a hub world or voice acting damn it!

I quite enjoyed the CGI stuff with the boy, but as soon as it segued into the in-game style (which looks really poor in the cutscenes) I wanted to retch. And what the hell is up with NiGHTS' voice?

I quite enjoyed the CGI stuff with the boy, but as soon as it segued into the in-game style (which looks really poor in the cutscenes) I wanted to retch. And what the hell is up with NiGHTS' voice?

How you enjoying HOC? Haven't seen you mentioning it much over at GR

How well does it run? Any recommendations as to which emulator?

Works 100% exactly like the saturn. I forgot what it was called, i can check when im back home. It was the best one available on the PC anyway.

Also: Surely this game must be somewhat good, because most magazines/website reviews are given it between 7/10 - 9/10 scores?

SSF or Satourne. And you need a fast PC for good fps.

I only have a laptop that I bought a couple of months ago. It's quite fast but has no video memory (shared).

I'm not going to be able to play NiGHTS till I go back to England to get my Saturn, am I? :o

Oh yeah the cutscenes are brilliant right at the start. Loved the intro movie too, got me excited for the game. It just should have ended there.

I think people are getting the wrong idea when they see people moaning about this game. The actual game is brilliant, the getting to the game isn't. Too much faff.

from the very first screenshot - did anyone really expect this to be any good?

No. I expected it to be Sega in full-on mediocre mode. I don't understand how they can come out with games of the calibre of Sega Rally, yet drop something like Shadow the Hedgehog on us. It's like they've got a split personality.

Following the maddening news that the PS2 remake of Sega Saturn classic NiGHTS Into Dreams would be a Japan-only release, SEGA has made those of us living the in US and Europe even more jealous today, by announcing that the remake will include a hidden unlockable game mode called “Christmas Dream.”

Christmas Dream is none other than Christmas NiGHTS, a limited edition Christmas themed version of the original NiGHTS. It was initially packaged with Christmas Saturn bundles in Japan and with the purchase of select Saturn games elsewhere.

Perhaps SEGA will change their minds about this remake being a Japan exclusive if NiGHTS Journey of Dreams sells well on Wii. At least I hope so.

NiGHTS into dreams…

I don't know how many peeps this applies to the days. But it applies to me.

Result!

What would I need to get this to work on a PAL fat PS2?

I think I had the Matrix Infinity chip installed, not sure which version but it played absolutely everything directly. Also changed the boot-up logo slightly to PS2 infinity or something. Cool.

Some bloke at NTSC installed it for me about 7 or 8 years ago.

Gutted that this is scoring in the 60 - 70% region...

Looks like they've ruined my 10 year dream of a worthy NiGHTS update.

Why on earth Sega didn't just initially release the original version on Wii like the PS2 is about to receive i'll never know...

Gutted that this is scoring in the 60 - 70% region...

Looks like they've ruined my 10 year dream of a worthy NiGHTS update.

Really, are you REALLY surprised? I mean, lets imagine for a second that NiGHTS had never been released, and it only just came out now, it would probably get similar scores, would it not?

Really, are you REALLY surprised? I mean, lets imagine for a second that NiGHTS had never been released, and it only just came out now, it would probably get similar scores, would it not?

What, if the original was released with 'today's standards'? You're trippin'.