IGNORED

Wii Virtual Console

Harmunt

Great minds think alike, or something.

I thought I'd mentioned, also, that I timed how long it took pages to appear when I was going through the Wii Shop last night and each one took between one and three seconds. Seems zippy enough for me.

Great minds think alike, or something.

I thought I'd mentioned, also, that I timed how long it took pages to appear when I was going through the Wii Shop last night and each one took between one and three seconds. Seems zippy enough for me.

Do other web pages take that long for you? I can't understand why you don't think that is slow. There's very little content on those pages.

Do other web pages take that long for you? I can't understand why you don't think that is slow. There's very little content on those pages.

The browser doesnt have these issues so its ard to understand why the Wii Shop should. Its just too damn slow.

Well, it just took 3 seconds for this reply window to load for me. Some websites take longer to load stuff than the Wii shop.

So yeah, seems about normal to me. 8mb broadband at home, my Netgear says it's running at 36mps per second presently. Is that bad? It wouldn't surprise me if it was, BT Broadband is useless.

Well, it just took 3 seconds for this reply window to load for me. Some websites take longer to load stuff than the Wii shop.

So yeah, seems about normal to me. 8mb broadband at home, my Netgear says it's running at 36mps per second presently. Is that bad? It wouldn't surprise me if it was, BT Broadband is useless.

The wii shop is slower than any webpage for me. This reply window appeared instantly. 3 seconds?!

The wii shop is slower than any webpage for me. This reply window appeared instantly. 3 seconds?!

Yep, but you'll see in the "Things that fuck you off" thread that ever since BT phoned me up to offer free faster Broadband I've been in a whole world of call centre hurt, and my connection seems slower.

Anyway, sorry - this is all off topic, but you can see how the Wii shop seems pretty reasonable to me. If you count 2 or 3 seconds in your head, it really is pretty close to instantaneous, plus I think I'm quite patient. I suppose 100% instant would be nice, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. I only look at the Wii shop once or twice a week, after all.

Back on topic, nothing to interest this week, but I've got 1,000 points ready to go on Lylat Wars next week if the rumour is true. Can't wait.

Edit: Posting the above took about 2 seconds, loading the quick reply window to add this edit took about 4.

I'm driving one right now.

Anyway, I meant it's close enough to instant to not really be an issue. It's click, 1 elephant, 2 elephant, 3 elephant, ah it's here. Not. A. Problem.

You're basically saying you don't mind it being really slow. Fair enough. It bugs me. In particular it bugs me because it *shouldn't* be slow. There's no apparent reason for it. I'd love to know why the various apps take several seconds to connect as well. Nothing on my PC does that.

You're basically saying you don't mind it being really slow. Fair enough. It bugs me. In particular it bugs me because it *shouldn't* be slow. There's no apparent reason for it. I'd love to know why the various apps take several seconds to connect as well. Nothing on my PC does that.

In some respects, as a bit of a luddite, I'm grateful when technology works at all, so I guess it just feels ok to me. But yes, it's clearly slower than it should be.

.::: Just like XLM, which is awfully slow and doesn't even cache data. At least the Wii Shopping Channel does that.

Although it does it in an entirely inconsistent way, in my experience. Sometime when you go back it loads instantly, other times it takes a while.

I don't think it's being slowed down by the Wii either, I'm sure it was just as slow when I tried browsing it through Firefox.

Although it does it in an entirely inconsistent way, in my experience. Sometime when you go back it loads instantly, other times it takes a while.

I don't think it's being slowed down by the Wii either, I'm sure it was just as slow when I tried browsing it through Firefox.

.::: NoE's servers aren't the fastest around mind.

Rumour has it on various forums that Lylat Wars is next week's big release...

Is this a creditable rumour? I saw somewhere else that there are 3 games already up on the European servers. So looks like no LttP next week either. <_<

- Story of Thor (Megadrive)

- Vectorman (Megadrive)

- Sonic Spinball (Megadrive)

Yeah, the VIP site is pretty horrible to browse as well. Why is it that Nintendo are hopelessly incompetent when it comes to anything involving the internet?

I think they are waiting for this so called "Internet" thing to take off...

Feels like the Wii shop is running off an old 486 machine under someones desk in NOE, connected with 28k modem.

Seeing as the original thread appears to have gone AWOL...

Tonight's releases - Splatterhouse (TG) , TMNT (NES) and Ice Climbers (NES).

Splatterhouse what a fantasic game and buy that will be i will have to get this asap ( i.e tonight )

Is this a creditable rumour? I saw somewhere else that there are 3 games already up on the European servers. So looks like no LttP next week either. :)

- Story of Thor (Megadrive)

Always wanted to play this. Is it worth getting?