3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Does it work better than whatever version number of NullDC was up to when it was abandoned?  Very interested if so. NullDC works flawlessly in some games for me ( CvS2 :wub: SoulCalibur :wub: ) but for others less so...

So I hear. yes. especially for Shenmue. although I seem to remember the hair still been a problem 

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a bit à propos of nothing, but it didn't seem to warrant its own thread and if it's of interest anywhere, it seems like here might be it.

Backstory: All the buzz about the NES Classic Mini has got me wanting to revisit my old games, but I don't want to spend £60 (and have yet more stuff under the telly) when I already have a perfectly good gaming PC hooked up. I still have my NES and four original controllers, so I went on eBay looking for USB adapters.

Of course the adapters aren't hard to find, but that's not the point. There's also a lot of third-party lookalike controllers for all the old systems.

Where I'm going with this is that one of the Chinese sellers has this amazing thing:

s-l1600.jpg

I'm half tempted to buy one just because it's so odd, but I know I'd never use it so there's no point in adding to the clutter.

• Upvote 2

Updated my PCSX2 install a couple of nights back, gave outrun 2006 a go and sadly it didn't run smooth regardless of the options I tried. I have an i5 2500k with a GTX 1060, I'd have assumed that'd do trick.

Tonight I dug out Viewtiful Joe, stick it in 4x native resolution and fiddled with a couple of other bits and it's beautiful. Absolutely loved the game on the GameCube and this emulated version is wonderful.

I have a big collection of stuff I've never really bothered with. I'll have to get in the loft to see whats worth trying.

21 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

This is a bit à propos of nothing, but it didn't seem to warrant its own thread and if it's of interest anywhere, it seems like here might be it.

Backstory: All the buzz about the NES Classic Mini has got me wanting to revisit my old games, but I don't want to spend £60 (and have yet more stuff under the telly) when I already have a perfectly good gaming PC hooked up. I still have my NES and four original controllers, so I went on eBay looking for USB adapters.

Of course the adapters aren't hard to find, but that's not the point. There's also a lot of third-party lookalike controllers for all the old systems.

Where I'm going with this is that one of the Chinese sellers has this amazing thing:

s-l1600.jpg

I'm half tempted to buy one just because it's so odd, but I know I'd never use it so there's no point in adding to the clutter.

Haha thats given me an idea for a video. Just how is that thing even useable? I'd say perhaps is it made for disabled people - but surely not. 

• 2 weeks later...

So I got myself a decent little bluetooth pad for my galaxy s7 and decided to dip into a bit of emulation. The snes emu on the play store is glorious but mame4droid 0.139u1 can I shite get any roms to load.

I used mame back in the day on PC and I'm pretty sure I didn't have any problems getting roms to load. Anyone point me in the right direction. Does that android mame need certain roms? I've searched for the 0.139u1  specific roms but once I'm in the rom section all mention of said number disappears and it just has mame roms, not that number.

The message the emu throws when I try to load a rom is 'The selected game is missing one or more required Rom or CHD images'

5 hours ago, amc said:

Anyone help with the above post. Just want some arcade happiness on my phone. Had three toilet breaks since that post that I could have been playing Donkey Kong.

tried here?

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/roms/index.php?folder=MAME/Mame-0.139u1

*edit*

Oh you have to join. I'm sure i got them from somewhere for my Android.

Maybe here...

http://www.theisozone.com/downloads/misc/full-rom-sets/mame-0139u1---part1/

Links to firedrop though. Dunno if they're free.

TPB has sets 137 and 0140. I'd imagine most roms from those sets would work but ffs run a script blocker.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So anyway, i treated myself to a Picade and just finished it off and very nice it is too.

I've got a few teething problems at the moment, no sound and the controllers are not working (which is a bit important <_<) but that could be my piss poor concentration following instructions so i'll have a look at that later

but...

there is a 120 gig (yes gig) retropie image file 'out there' full of roms that you, er, already own with a built in attract mode. I've always had a issue with the 'correct' mame running in retropie so nice to get it all running (albeit without a controller at the moment)

Heres a youtube video (with no annoying people talking over it)

• Upvote 4

Nope, 128 gig works fine. I think I read somewhere that  (the Pi) can go to 256gig but there is more than enough on there. Probably too much to be honest.

I've got the controller and sound working fine now.

The image isn't perfect, it crashes occasionally when scrolling through the games and if you try and update it hangs. Actually, I don't really use the attract mode now!

Played Pacman, SMS Alex Kidd and PSX Mortal Kombat last night.

Couple of things, the image takes ages to extract (round 3-4 hours but my laptop could be the reason) and writing the image takes a couple of hours.

A couple of YouTube links have the torrent link but I got mine from a private tracker

• Upvote 1
On 12/13/2016 at 14:53, Bluejam said:

So anyway, i treated myself to a Picade and just finished it off and very nice it is too.

I've got a few teething problems at the moment, no sound and the controllers are not working (which is a bit important <_<) but that could be my piss poor concentration following instructions so i'll have a look at that later

but...

there is a 120 gig (yes gig) retropie image file 'out there' full of roms that you, er, already own with a built in attract mode. I've always had a issue with the 'correct' mame running in retropie so nice to get it all running (albeit without a controller at the moment)

Heres a youtube video (with no annoying people talking over it)

So I managed to download and set this up on my Pi 2 and all seems to be working pretty well however I have the same issues as you mention - sound and controls. 

The sound issues seem to be related to what TV you are using and you need to change the config file to resolve the issues however how have you set your controller up for the different emulators?  My controller works fine in the menu's and most emulators but I would like to change some of them or even configure them as MAME doesn't work. 

Is it controlled through Retroarch?

On 21/12/2016 at 14:01, parrapatheslapper said:

So I managed to download and set this up on my Pi 2 and all seems to be working pretty well however I have the same issues as you mention - sound and controls. 

The sound issues seem to be related to what TV you are using and you need to change the config file to resolve the issues however how have you set your controller up for the different emulators?  My controller works fine in the menu's and most emulators but I would like to change some of them or even configure them as MAME doesn't work. 

Is it controlled through Retroarch?

Bit late to reply (soz) but if you have Picade I used a wireless keyboard to set up Mame (press tab to get to options) and go from there.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've been infected with Amiga nostalgia recently, and I noticed that the Raspberry Pi seems to look like a decent one-stop shop for Amiga emulation - anyone got this working? Does it cope with the full AGA A1200 stuff? I might buy one just for that.

6 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

Hey, I've been infected with Amiga nostalgia recently, and I noticed that the Raspberry Pi seems to look like a decent one-stop shop for Amiga emulation - anyone got this working? Does it cope with the full AGA A1200 stuff? I might buy one just for that.

I got a Pi3 for Christmas, and was thinking of doing the same thing. There's a guide on how to do it on this page:

I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't sound that hard.

• Upvote 1

Would a Pi 3 be especially better than a modded Wii?  I love my Wii, but really want to get into some N64 and Dreamcast stuff that I never tried at the time, and the Wii seems perfect up to (and not including) N64.  I want an emulation machine under the TV but the Wii is great because it's so small - thinking of replacing it with the Pi3.  How is DC on the Pi?

• 3 weeks later...