rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
roberthazelby

The Emulator Thread

Struggling to get the later versions of SSF running on my windows tablet - I can get versions up to 0.9 running but anything after give me a cp directinput style error

I thought all Vita exploits were patched with the latest firmware?

So what your saying is Vita can't use PSP homebrew/emulators anymore?

That sucks, I was gunna get a Vita for an emulation machine since PSP was a beast from Gen 1 -> SNES/PS1.

Get the impression that vita hacking is basically dead at this time due to all the potential exploitable games being leaked due to some sort of row between hackers.

In Xbox Coin ops news, a 10 gig psx shoot em up has been released.

Can't find/afford an Amiga 4000 or similar? You might find D-UAE Dedicated Amiga Emulation Station interesting. $200 (+ shipping, goodness knows how much that'll be) gets you this bit of hardware. It's basically a thin-client PC with Windows XP on it and a fully-configured emulator. Might be a bit OTT for most, not seen anything like this before, and frankly I'd rather have original hardware, but you never know.

The D-UAE is a dedicated Amiga emulation station, It is based on WinXP Embedded and WinUAE. It Boots automatically into Workbench 3.1 with the ClassicWB Full Pack in Picasso96 Mode. It comes ready to run out of the box. Works great with WHDLoad Games, Just provide your own games & WHDLoad Key and you are ready to rock. This System also includes a License for AmigaForever Plus Edition which provides all the ROM Files and Workbench Packs for the D-UAE. So you are getting a totally licensed plug & play system that works out of the box.

It is highly configurable just by hitting F12 and bringing up the UAE Config menu. You can build custom configurations ranging from the Amiga 500 to the 4000, Even the CDTV and CD32 by connecting a USB CD-ROM Drive. You can play the real CDs on this system. OS 3.9 is also supported by just installing from an external CD-ROM Drive.

It gives you the full Amiga Experience without the high cost of a real Amiga System. No hassle either, Just plug into your VGA or DVI Monitor Add a USB Keyboard & Mouse and you are good to go. Supports any resolution your LCD Does, Just change the settings in screenmode under the preferences setting. Even connect to your HDTV for gaming with a DVI to HDMI Adapter. All USB Joysticks & Gamepads are supported as well.

Out of the Box configuration

Amiga 4000
128MB Fast RAM
2MB Chip RAM
AGA Chipset
Software Partition for all your Amiga Software- Freeware Utilities included
Demo’s Partition- A number of Free Amiga Demoscene Demos are included. Greats like the original BoingBall
Games Partition- Empty for you to add any number of games you wish.

Tech Specs

Based on HP Thin Client
1GB RAM
1.8GHZ AMD Sempron Processor
1GB Flash For OS & Related Files
16GB Internal Removable USB Flash for UAE & Associated files.

Whats Included
HP Thin Client- With Licensed XP Embedded- Free download From HP’s Website
Power Adapter
AmigaForever Plus Edition Licensed- Comes on a USB Stick. A $29.95 Value
Clonezilla Image for easy restoration- Comes on a USB Stick

CHD stand for Compressed Hunks of Data last I heard, it's basically the HDDs or CDs from arcade games, a large proportion of them aren't worth getting unless you have a rig built for Bemani type games.

Considering a Raspberry Pi for SNES emulation primarily but maybe other stuff. Opinions? I gather it's getting/gotten better and the 'big games' should run full speed? Pretty cheap and reasonably easy to set up?

Hopefully the emu scene on the PI will be taking advantage of the extra cores and memory on the Pi 2. That should see a significant improvement on all 8- and 16-bit systems at the very least.

Yeah, was tempted anyway but presumed things would get better with its release. Worth it then? Yay/nay? Other opinions?

And could you put any USB pad in? I see 360 controllers are popular but Logitech have always done good PC ones...

The PSP is the place where you'll find the most advanced stable emulators outside of a PC. I run everything up to N64 and PS1 on it. I couldn't tell you about multiplayer as I've never looked into but some of the emulators I use have mp options so I guess it's possible.

I'm playing FFVI on my PSP GO at the moment. Image quality on TV via component cable is not the best, and there is slow down at the start of every battle, but for emulation on the go it's great. I've also ran NES, GB, SMS, GBA and PS1 stuff with good results.

Can anyone help? I bought an original Xbox with coin ops 4 on it, and am head over heels enamoured with it. Unfortunately though I can't seem to change the snes emulator controls to use the analog sticks (I have dodgy thumbs that don't do the dpad!). Clicking the left stick brings up the reconfigure screen, but i can only adjust the up/down, not the left/right. Anyone know how?

Thanks in advance :-)

That's about the size my 150 set was, I'm in the process of upgrading it to 159, that's short 30 or so atm and is at around 48 gig. Once you strip out the non working, dupes & pinball/bandits you end up with a romset around 12gig, annoyingly though they are now putting the roms in the CHDs, so you can't pokemon the romset any more and ignore the massive/pointless CHD games

• Upvote 1

You should be able to reassign the rotate left/right controls to buttons or whatever you like using the in-emulator menu.

EDIT : just checked Midnight Resistance, hit TAB and go to input settings for this game and the inputs are under "positional analogue", they default to Z and X and you can just change them from there.

• Upvote 1

OK. I want a machine that can sit under the TV, laptop, pc whatever that I want to use as an emulation machine. I've got a Wii & Xbox that I use to emulate but I want a dedicated machine with a bit of grunt to do more. What are the options? I want to to be able to control with a pad, not a mouse so boot straight to a front end of some sort. Select machine and away you go.

Cheers....

Then you want a Shuttle or small form factor PC from the likes of Acer or Dell, second hand they can he had cheaply for a dual core upwards, you can make a gamepad emulate a mouse easily enough with the likes of Xpadder in case you don't want to shell, after that it's about about your choice of frontend and what systems you want to emulate.