rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
roberthazelby

The Emulator Thread

Brilliant thanks - hopefully after I have this setup my next mission is to get something like this working

I have it like that. Takes a while to set up as you have to make sure the images are named exactly right and in the right folder. There's a thread on gba where you can download the coverdlows for each system.

I never set my wii up for disc images. Couldnt figure it out. Someday I hope to just so I can play my gamecube games on my wii u.

Or I could just dig out my cube or use the old wii for the disc based versions...

I emulate most other consoles on wii u though.

Does anyone here use emulators on the 360, specifically the N64 one? Want to know, if you change the resolution setting, does it become unplayable (too jerky) for you?

What's the word on browser emulation?

As in, emulators you can play in your browser?

There's Emulation Collective, home of the excellent VirtualNES as well as VirtualGBX and VirtualSuperNES (the latter still being occasionally choppy and suffering some bugs in certain games - missing layers in F-Zero, for instance.) c64i.com (previously c64s.com) is a good source for C64 games (and has a better selection than DreamFabric's equivalent) - it also has a few links to other browser-based emulators, although I haven't tried them out much. For Spectrum games there's a good emulator at ZXSpectrum.net - I believe the controls are usually Q/A/O/P to move and Z to fire...

A quick update on this: SSega.com offers a fairly decent selection of Mega Drive (or Genesis if you will) games to play in your browser, and the same guys also have a Game Boy Advance games site named GBAFun. :)

• Upvote 1

It's not really emulation as such, but I picked up a psp especially as a ps1 emulator. The sub-vita screen really lends itself well to ps1 games. Obviously the choice of games has to predate dual analogue, meaning it's best suited to the first few years of the systems life.

I'd highly recommend this.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant thanks - hopefully after I have this setup my next mission is to get something like this working

I'd love to get mine working like that. Damn it, why can't there be a simple download with all this stuff ready to put on a SD card to get it going.

Its pretty cool that the wii, which many derided as being useless post wii fit, is now peoples cheap emulator jukebox/media player of choice lol

Are there any plug-ins for Dolphin, or other such files I should be downloading?

I can run Wind Waker, Paper Mario etc fine (30/60fps) at base settings, and I'm not too bothered about HD graphics (Having an Intel HD 4000 chipset doesn't help!). Prime runs at about 20fps but I know that's a bit mental on the requirements.Twilight Princess varies between 30-25fps.

Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM DDR3

Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 4000 (1792MB, but shared mem)

Does anyone here use emulators on the 360, specifically the N64 one? Want to know, if you change the resolution setting, does it become unplayable (too jerky) for you?

I'll have a look in the week mate, I am currently playing about with PCSXR for some PS1 goodness, next up on my list is N64, but I think Mupen only runs from Xell doesn't it? I have all my stuff setup to run from Freestyle dash

Guys, I recently soft modded my Wii and I'm currently running emulators and roms from a 2gb SD card whilst I'm running Wii games from a hard drive. How do run roms from the hard drive?

Is there a fat32 partition on it? If not, resize your current partition and make one. If there is, just put your roms on it.

Does anybody use ePSXe for an Android tablet or phone?

Got it up and running, playing games on my tablet. Been able to map the D-pad and buttons of a Wii Classic controller to it and they work fine. However I'm unable to use the analogue sticks even though the game supports them. I've enabled "dual shock pad" from the menu but they don't seem to do anything. I also can't find any option to configure the sticks like I did to tell it left on the d-pad was left etc.

Does anybody use ePSXe for an Android tablet or phone?

Got it up and running, playing games on my tablet. Been able to map the D-pad and buttons of a Wii Classic controller to it and they work fine. However I'm unable to use the analogue sticks even though the game supports them. I've enabled "dual shock pad" from the menu but they don't seem to do anything. I also can't find any option to configure the sticks like I did to tell it left on the d-pad was left etc.

If I were you I would change to using retroarch on android. Also emulates N64, Snes, Megadrive (inc. 32x), Doom, the list goes on.

To be able to use wii controller or dual shock your phone needs to be rooted?

• Upvote 1

I've got an rgb modded 360 that I'm going to whack a 500gb hdd in. What emulators can I get for it? I'm mostly after MAME, SNES and MD stuff, but I was also thinking I'd like to get into some 8-bit and handheld stuff. Any pointers.

Hey Folks, I've just bought myself a JXD S7800b with a view to getting a 32gb card and filling it full of emulators and roms. Has anyone got one of these ? Is it fairly easy to do ? I've just been watching videos on YouTube of people playing Dreamcast games such as Shenmue and Sonic Adventure on this and it really appeals to me ! New to the emulator and rom scene so any help would be much appreciated :)

Yes and yes.

So i have softmodded the wii and installed priiloader - ticked the region free to enabled and the wii sees the jp gc disc but when it runs it just goes to a black screen :( PAL GC game runs fine and in PAL60 as got one today.

I am using composite as while my bedroom telly has YUV it is via VGA port and i dint have an adaptor.

Any ideas??

So i have softmodded the wii and installed priiloader - ticked the region free to enabled and the wii sees the jp gc disc but when it runs it just goes to a black screen :( PAL GC game runs fine and in PAL60 as got one today.

I am using composite as while my bedroom telly has YUV it is via VGA port and i dint have an adaptor.

Any ideas??

Yes. You need to install Dios Mios. Get a wad loader and the Dios Mios wad and install. I prefer wiiflow, but it's your choice of course. Also make sure your os files are upto date.

I've got an rgb modded 360 that I'm going to whack a 500gb hdd in. What emulators can I get for it? I'm mostly after MAME, SNES and MD stuff, but I was also thinking I'd like to get into some 8-bit and handheld stuff. Any pointers.

I have Snes, Megadrive, 3do (although it's REALLY sketchy) and PS1 emulation up and running through freestyle dash, there is a port of Mupen for it that runs through Xell and you can run the SoR: Remake on it as well :)

Apart from that I still need to look into finding a way to run N64 through the dash instead of messing about in Xell, and would love it if someone found a way to port over the old Killer Instinct enu from the original Xbox.

I recently discovered Hunter on the Atari ST - a GTA3-style game published by Activision in 1991. It's surprisingly good, offering a variety of mission types and different modes of transport. My only complaint is that it's a bit slow on an 8MHz machine (the video below shows it running at 16MHz) and the restricted camera can make it difficult to find objects, even though you're next to them on the map.

• Upvote 1