rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
roberthazelby

The Emulator Thread

Hi,

I saw a cheap xbox 360 today with 250 GB drive and was wondering are there any emulators that can be easily installed on it like was possible on the original xbox (i.e. via softmod). I have the original xbox setup with several emulators snes, mame, pc engine etc. and still use it for emulation as much as my pc but at some point it will probably die.

I have a ps3 already so it's not worth it on it's own for me so it's only if I could install emulators on it. I saw mention of an amiga emulator on eab but the links seem to be dead. Xbmc seems not to be available for 360 but I was surprised to see they are still developing the version for the original xbox.

Cheers,

Crocked

Wii U can run emulators if you softmod its Virtual Wii. From what I remember of the Wii it handled SNES/MD stuff decently.
  • Upvote 1

Wii U can run emulators if you softmod its Virtual Wii. From what I remember of the Wii it handled SNES/MD stuff decently.

Ok so the wii part of the wii u supports softmod but the main console doesn't as far as I can see.

I'm softmodding my wii as it happens at the moment so will check those emulators out. My brother also has one lying idle so might set that up for him for his birthday as well.

I read an article this morning stating that it's getting more and more difficult to softmod machines and that for the amount of effort required it'is almost not worth it anymore.

Cool, ended up buying a 1tb Seagate. works so far. next thing to try is to get my GameCube games to work.

Yeah from what I've read all sd cards work and its hit and miss on sdhc up to 4gb

Got epsxe up and running reasonably easily, thanks. Only issue is a line running top to bottom down the screen. Can I fix that?

Firsty try Pete's openGL driver if your not using that (config in graphics)

Also...

set no render to texture to 2, and enable the pixel shader for texture windows

Cool, ended up buying a 1tb Seagate. works so far. next thing to try is to get my GameCube games to work.

Yeah from what I've read all sd cards work and its hit and miss on sdhc up to 4gb

Can you let me know how you get on with getting Gamecubes to work? - I have WiiFlow up and running with my Wii discs ripped to a hard drive but thats about it.

The Wii Flow 4 Masterpiece pack is exactly what I want as it would be an all in one emulator machine however I have no idea where to start with that!

PCSX2 1.2.0 was released yesterday; changes are below:

Here are a rundown of the biggest changes in this release:

Windows

Core:

microVU fixes for Dreamworks games, later Tony Hawks games, Evil Dead and others
Fixes to New GIF unit to solve regressions
microVU bugs fixed (affecting Extreme-G Racing and others)
CDVD fixes (Impossible Mission now boots)
Path 3 arbitration and timing refinements
MFIFO fixes for DDR games
Huge DMAC bug fix solving most of the problematic videos. (Baldurs Gate 2, Katamari Damacy and more)
Memory card support improved in many games, now supports PSX memory cards also Multitap support improved greatly
Many game fixes for COP2 problems inherent with emulation. (Ace Combat, Forbidden Siren and others)
VIF Unpack optimizations
VU Delays added to fix the graphics of Snowblind engine games (Champions of Norrath, Baldurs Gate 2)
Various other game specific fixes in GameDB
NVM file creation (if one doesn't exist) now fills in iLink ident. (Age of Empires 2)

SPU2-X:

Improved DMA system
Fixes to reverb
Improved time-stretcher recovery on extreme speed changes.
Portaudio (providing WASAPI in Windows, ALSA/+OSS in Linux) now supported and the default output module. Latencies with this mode are lower than other modules

GSdx:

Improved adapter selection for detecting of videocards
CLUT (Color LookUp Table) fixes for games such as Disney Golf
Texture Offset options added to help improve upscaling artifacts
OpenGL mode added (Experimental currently)
Various CRC hacks
Hack for NVIDIA cards, solves problems with stretching on drivers above 320.18
New shader resources! Complete PCSX2 FX Revised 2.0 by Asmodean has been integrated

DEV9ghzdrk:

Improved support for online play and make the users MAC address unique.

Linux

Core:

Support for external patch (pnach) files

OnePad changes:

Bugfixes for multiple button presses
Bugfixed memory leaks

ZZogl:

Added support for MESA drivers
Bump OpenGL requirement to 3.0 with floating texture
Various OpenGL fixes

SPU2-X:

Added SDL Backend
The PCSX2 executable has been built and tested with PGO optimizations enabled so it will be an extra 10% faster over regular SVN builds.

pcsx2.net

Can you let me know how you get on with getting Gamecubes to work? - I have WiiFlow up and running with my Wii discs ripped to a hard drive but thats about it.

The Wii Flow 4 Masterpiece pack is exactly what I want as it would be an all in one emulator machine however I have no idea where to start with that!

Will do, still haven't tried it yet though :)

• Upvote 1

Can you let me know how you get on with getting Gamecubes to work? - I have WiiFlow up and running with my Wii discs ripped to a hard drive but thats about it. The Wii Flow 4 Masterpiece pack is exactly what I want as it would be an all in one emulator machine however I have no idea where to start with that!

You need some help?? I can also get your GameCube games working for you??

Let me know where you're stuck, but have you installed the latest Dios Mios wad?

You need some help?? I can also get your GameCube games working for you??

Let me know where you're stuck, but have you installed the latest Dios Mios wad?

Thanks mate - I so far have installed Wii Flow and it runs my ripped Wii games fine - thats about all I know im afraid but any help would be great!

Thanks mate - I so far have installed Wii Flow and it runs my ripped Wii games fine - thats about all I know im afraid but any help would be great!

Ok. To run GameCube games you need to install a wad called Dios Mios which is on v10 I think for the latest otherwise they won't work. In wii flow you need to go into the GameCube cover flow and go to the settings - I think you press B on the wiimote and go to the settings menu and there's an option for 'dm booter'. You need to set this to Dios Mios otherwise the games won't boot. If you want to use the memory card manager for saves it's a couple of pages along.

Using the abz package it's pretty simple as the files are structured so that you can just drag and drop onto your USB drive or ds card. Some of the emus need further tweaks to get working such as PRBOOM. Can help if there's a specific emus you need help with. I've got UAE amiga emulator booting straight from my hard drive into classic workbench and it's a little slow but pretty sweet!

Ok. To run GameCube games you need to install a wad called Dios Mios which is on v10 I think for the latest otherwise they won't work. In wii flow you need to go into the GameCube cover flow and go to the settings - I think you press B on the wiimote and go to the settings menu and there's an option for 'dm booter'. You need to set this to Dios Mios otherwise the games won't boot. If you want to use the memory card manager for saves it's a couple of pages along.

Using the abz package it's pretty simple as the files are structured so that you can just drag and drop onto your USB drive or ds card. Some of the emus need further tweaks to get working such as PRBOOM. Can help if there's a specific emus you need help with. I've got UAE amiga emulator booting straight from my hard drive into classic workbench and it's a little slow but pretty sweet!

Brilliant mate thanks - so I can do set all this up from within Wii Flow? - Will give it a go tonight thanks.