Yay! No need to buy a PSP now. Again. Anyone that mentions this is free on the PC (apart from me in this post obv.) gets a slap on the wrist.

.::: Every Extend is free.

But as you can clearly see, this is EVERY EXTEND EXTRA EXTREME! :(

Every Extend was pretty cool.

Every Extend Extra was also pretty cool. Whose PSP was I playing on at the Leamington Meet? It was Linkster's or Paradigm's, I think.

Every Extend Extra Extreme looks like it will most likely be pretty cool.

Every Extend Extra Extreme Extrapolate should be the title of the next game.

Here's a question I've been meaning to ask for ages: you know how shoot-em-ups are basically the preserve of proper, longterm nerds these days? (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way, but, y'know, they're not for n00bs. Like proper fighting games.)

Can a not-nerd have fun with EE(E)(E)?

Yes. Its thoroughly addictive and not that hard because you simply dodge and choose a right moment to destroy yourself in the hope your timing was pefect and the whole screen and explodes with you.

Sadly the PSP version was far too short to i hope that impoves on that.

What I don't fully understand is why most XBLA games also have publishers.

Obviosuly its partly down to who owns the stuff, but take that new Bizarre game for example. It's being developed by bizarre (who are a major studio with big friends, including Microsoft), and digitally distributed by Microsoft. Where does the publisher come in? Can't Bizarre self fund something like that themselves without the EA middleman?

Obviosuly its partly down to who owns the stuff, but take that new Bizarre game for example. It's being developed by bizarre (who are a major studio with big friends, including Microsoft), and digitally distributed by Microsoft. Where does the publisher come in? Can't Bizarre self fund something like that themselves without the EA middleman?

It's not actually Bizarres' game, it's EAs' game. EA simply got Bizarre to work on it, as their name has certain weight in the XBLA field.

What I don't fully understand is why most XBLA games also have publishers.

publishers make it easier to sort the wheat from the chaff to help the 2 people at MS that assess the plethora of submissions, if a publisher invests money, it MUST me good , right?

publishers guarantee to harangue and badger the developer to complete the project on time, helps MS get title plans together, also saves MS the effort.

it also helps publisher to get gullible hungry indie developers to hand over their IP, so after the 1st iteration of what might be a franchisable product, they can milk it dry without needing the original team. it also prevents arguing about "vision" "integrity" or "direction" or other subversive crazy talk.

This properly supports custom soundtracks as well, apparently. Interesting.

Will it be using some Dance Factory-esque beat recognition stuff I wonder? Sounds intriguing - if it works well enough that could be an incredible feature.

This properly supports custom soundtracks as well, apparently. Interesting.

this really intrigues me how they'll quantize the fx to custom music, any track that has a non-timed to 4's intro will probably not work....