The Bookies

dogsout

I assume that some are 'generally good bets'. Fancy sharing who (I imagine Sneider and Messi are two good bets)

Messi hasn't got it yet so I'll probably be backing him in the next game he starts. Sneijder has 2/2, as does Forlan, and I was on them both each time. Basically, if a team has a stand-out performer that most of the play goes through, then he's generally a good shout. Other than that it tends to go to 'keepers that have had a lot to do and goal scorers. It's a great market and I make a lot of money from it. In 2006 I'd just back Momo Sissoko (£5-£10) and Xabi Alonso (£10-£20) every game they started together, with a small helping of Gerrard, and I'd win most of the time.

Really? Fuck's sake. I didn't see anything about that but then I was in a rush and only did it on the basis of what I'd read in here. Bollocks.

I wouldn't worry. Betfair are unlikely to hold it back once you send them an email.

Got in touch with Betfair a couple of hours ago about the £25, and they've just got back to me asking for a few more details about where I saw it etc.

I'll let you know what they say (and if they tell me to get stuffed like they did with Sirloin :) ).

Good day today, Holland win, and a goal in the other two games, starting to get back to a respectable level. Italy to win heavily tomorrow I think, unless I am too drunk to get the fixtures in the right order.

Luckily I was quite pissed last night and bet on something else.

I've ditched my betting this WC.

Denmark screwed me out of a big win yesterday. A draw would've been great but no, the Danes had to fuck it up and score a 2nd.

Today I had:

Live treble of 10 or less corners, 45 booking index points or less and Brazil win - £10 on 11/2

Robinho MOTM - £10 on at 11/2

Bastos AGS - £5 at 13/2

Maicon AGS - £5 on at 7/1

Fabiano FGS - £20 on at 7/2

So it wasn't a bad day; ended up £40 up on the bookie and that last bet qualified me for a £25 bonus on bodog. I was so tempted by Fabiano MOTM at 13/2 as well but thought I'd cover it with the FGS and plumped for Robinho at the last minute.

Didn't do much today as only caught the Brazil-Ivory Coast game. Couldn't really decide, so went for Brazil to win when it went out to past evens during the first half and went on u2.5 too as I thought they might cancel each other out and restrict Brazil's scoring. Which was true for a bit but after Brazil scored and the game opened up I started buying it back. All in, ended up making £2.50, I should have just trusted Fabiano and co. to get the job done :wub:

So far I'm up £25 on the World Cup with my target being win enough to buy Mario Galaxy 2 and RDR!