rllmuk
dogsout

The Bookies

Came out of the weekend slightly up, would have been better if Chelsea had won as they were the only failure in a treble I had yesterday.

What are people's thoughts about the Cricket World Cup? I don't usually bet on cricket but might over the next couple of weeks as it's a 'special occasion' :unsure: I follow the game and go to quite a few Yorkshire games and the odd England game but never really feel confident enough to stick any money on it. Odd really.

some good odds going as long as you stay away from Australia or S.Africa - on highest scoring batsman there are fantastic odds all round, even the favourite (Pointing) is at 8s.

Couple of accumulators on...

Football Coca Cola Championship Derby v Q.P.R. Match Result

13/03/2007 19:45 Derby @ 1.44

Football Coca Cola Championship Leicester v Leeds Match Result

13/03/2007 19:45 Leicester @ 1.83

Football Coca Cola Championship Preston v Ipswich Match Result

13/03/2007 19:45 Preston @ 1.61

Football Coca Cola Championship Sunderland v Stoke Match Result

13/03/2007 20:00 Sunderland @ 1.61

and

Football Coca Cola League 1 Bristol City v Bradford Match Result

13/03/2007 19:45 Bristol City @ 1.44

Football Coca Cola League 2 MK Dons v Macclesfield Match Result

13/03/2007 19:45 MK Dons @ 1.67

Football Scottish Division 3 Dumbarton v Stenhousemuir Match Result

13/03/2007 19:30 Dumbarton @ 1.67

Football France Le Championnat 2006/07 Ligue 1 W/O Lyon

17/03/2007 19:00 Lens @ 1.57

Football Copa Libertadores Cucuta Deportivo v Cerro Porteno Match Result

14/03/2007 00:15 Cucuta Deportivo @ 1.80

Football Copa Libertadores Alianza Lima v Audax Italiano Match Result

14/03/2007 02:30 Alianza Lima @ 1.80

Football Venezuela Caracas v Zamora Match Result

13/03/2007 20:00 Caracas @ 1.73

God knows :(

I've put a few quid on a couple of Championship games. Have avoided betting on the Rs! Although, 11/2 isn't bad. We could surprise them and sneak a 0-1.

God knows :(

I've put a few quid on a couple of Championship games. Have avoided betting on the Rs! Although, 11/2 isn't bad. We could surprise them and sneak a 0-1.

Oh Benito. 5 minutes to go and it looks like you called it. 1-0 must've been tasty odds. Come on you Rs, get another just so Benito won't feel quite as bad, although I'm sure the 3 points will ease the blow some what.

Fear not! I crumbled and put £2 on them to win after posting that! I wish I'd put more on and gone for a 0-1 win!!! Oh well.

Will be over the moon if we do win. Please. C'mon! Shit. 1-1. £2 gone. I want to cry.

What is it with QPR and conceding at the end of a game? Seems to happen every week.

I reckon it's because we're struggling. Expect they were far too nervous and went to pieces. No win in 6.

I know, you're missing fat boy and all from what I've heard.

:( do you mean Kevin Gallen?

How dare you. I have a Corinthian of Gallen on my PC at work. Very annoyed he's at Plymouth.

I know him, or at least, I used to know him. I used to play for Acton-Ealing Whistlers which was financed by his mum and aunt: Tessa & Rosemary. He used to pop round for training sessions and present the awards at the end of a season, it was great. He was one of my idols when I was a kid.

Been rubbish today. Lost £30 on the horses (that'll teach me to gamble on stuff I know nothing about) and then later in the cricket I managed to finally work out how to lay against yourself to ensure you come out at least even, got excited at the interval and punted a tenner on Pakistan to win which they promptly didn't. Learnt stuff though which is good. Back to the football tomorrow I think.

I know the feeling, I stay away from Sports I don't know much about. Actually, I only bet on the Football and Boxing because I'm confident of my knowledge of the two sports. I had a bit of a fling with betting on the Golf for a bit, but was relying on information from people that had knowledge of the sport. I've been stung by the horses enough to know to stay away from them bar special occasions.

Anyone betting on the Gold Cup today then? I've put a tenner on State of Play. Obviously, Kauto Star is the class horse but his odds aren't that great and he might come unstuck in a big field.

The great thing is, I haven't spent any money yet because I won £30 from a £5 free bet on the first race.

I don't really know what I'm doing to be honest though, I've just been looking for tips and watching what other poeple who know what the're doing are betting on.

My bet on Kauto Star was a double though, so no winnings from that yet. I need Ouninpohja to win in the last race of the day.