rllmuk
dogsout

The Bookies

I'm here again to bore you about horses (the one two posts up came 6th I think, soz) but I assume some of you took advantage of the "money back as cash upto £20" that Skybet did over Cheltenham? They've an offer one at the moment for first race everyday of the Dante Festival (York) that isn't quite as good, so I've not made use of it all week until tomorrow.

The reason it's not as good as you only get your money back as cash if your horse comes 2nd or 3rd.

Tomorrow there is a horse called Lady Kermit running, who is way ahead of the pack in terms of Racing Post Ratings and speed figures. Obviously the favourite but 4/1 could net you one hundred smackers, off a £20 win bet.

I just can't see it coming 4th or worse.

(If you fancy a bigger gamble, Might Spirit 10/1 looks pretty good to me.) :ph34r:

I've backed Lady Kermit £20 to win @ 4/1

Also worth noting that some Skybet accounts have the same offer but upto £50, rather than £20.

tl;dr if you've got £20 to spare, it's worth betting it on Lady Kermit to WIN in the 13:50 race at York tomorrow.

On 16/05/2019 at 21:13, disperse and recoagulate said:

I'm here again to bore you about horses (the one two posts up came 6th I think, soz) but I assume some of you took advantage of the "money back as cash upto £20" that Skybet did over Cheltenham? They've an offer one at the moment for first race everyday of the Dante Festival (York) that isn't quite as good, so I've not made use of it all week until tomorrow.

The reason it's not as good as you only get your money back as cash if your horse comes 2nd or 3rd.

Tomorrow there is a horse called Lady Kermit running, who is way ahead of the pack in terms of Racing Post Ratings and speed figures. Obviously the favourite but 4/1 could net you one hundred smackers, off a £20 win bet.

I just can't see it coming 4th or worse.

(If you fancy a bigger gamble, Might Spirit 10/1 looks pretty good to me.) :ph34r:

I've backed Lady Kermit £20 to win @ 4/1

Also worth noting that some Skybet accounts have the same offer but upto £50, rather than £20.

tl;dr if you've got £20 to spare, it's worth betting it on Lady Kermit to WIN in the 13:50 race at York tomorrow.

Without traipsing through all May's results, how did this do? 

Ascot starts tomorrow. Another week off work to spunk a few hundred quid. 

Done Laurens antepost at 6/1 £20 in the Queen Anne. Cunts have an offer on for this race that if you finish 2-4 they'll refund your stake up to £20 excluding antepost. Wouldn't mind but the price is still the same ffs. 

Have a fiver on Monoski at 10s in the Coventry. 

Fiver on Imprimis at 10s in the king's stand. 

Who've youse got? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

I said earlier I’m not gonna bet on it (I won’t) but make a spreadsheet of what I would bet on if I did. Then thought why am I doing this it’ll just depress me if they all win so stopped.

Will still keep my eyes on it all day at work, mind. :)

May post some selections later.

Why are you not playing ?

7 minutes ago, Raoull duke said:

Why are you not playing ?

Only get paid on Friday, plus it's my wife’s (30th) birthday this month so gotta be sensible/boring with my money.

But for fun:

14:30 Hazapour 9/1

15:05 Guildsman 11/2

15:40 Mabs Cross 7/1

16:20 Shaman 9/1

17:00 Buildmeupbuttercup 5/1

17:35 Magic Wand 9/2

12 minutes ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Only get paid on Friday, plus it's my wife’s (30th) birthday this month so gotta be sensible/boring with my money.

But for fun:

14:30 Hazapour 9/1

15:05 Guildsman 11/2

15:40 Mabs Cross 7/1

16:20 Shaman 9/1

17:00 Buildmeupbuttercup 5/1

17:35 Magic Wand 9/2

Making picks when you aren't betting is a good way to seriously bum yourself out. 

Combined odds on the six timer 367200/1 (PP prices). You'd wanna kill yourself if they all got up. 

Might as well do a wee lucky 63. 10p a line. 6.30 won't break the bank. Paying almost 73k. Even if three or four get up you'll get a nice return. 

• Upvote 1

Don't like them big field handicaps. Super fun to watch but a fucking shitshow for betting purposes. Especially on questionable ground. Storms forecast for late tomorrow, if the ground is shit I might have to sit Wednesday out. 

My little bro has had a mad day and is up by £1100 with bets to run tonight on pretty small stakes. I called him this morning to get his tips because he's shit hot with the horses and I've not been betting all year pretty much - bar the cashback offer during Cheltenham - but he didnt answer and I forgot to chase him up. :doh:

1 hour ago, dogsout said:

My little bro has had a mad day and is up by £1100 with bets to run tonight on pretty small stakes. I called him this morning to get his tips because he's shit hot with the horses and I've not been betting all year pretty much - bar the cashback offer during Cheltenham - but he didnt answer and I forgot to chase him up. :doh:

What’s he on for the rest of the week?

Massive day for me. These were my picks: 

Used the sky bet offer and put £20 win on Lord glitters at 20-1 and had a £2.5e/w treble of circus maximus and grand visir and first nation which I cashed after the second leg for £460 (should've just doubled it like I usually do) and my lucky31 and 63 brought home around £200 odd and and e/w double on the first two races. Today was close to a huge payout. 

Screenshot_20190618_214204_com.google.android.apps.messaging.png