IGNORED

The Bookies

dogsout

Managed a few bets today, made just under £100 profit. Scotland were similar odds to the Czech Republic, so stuck £50 on the Czechs. Cashed out when they scored their first.

Spain's profligacy in front of goal paid dividends too.

I laid over 2.5 goals for a nice profit before half time and then laid Spain. Cashed out and backed the draw with the profit.

Up to £305, from a start of £150. Not spectacular but I'm not risking it all at the same time either.

I've done awful so far. 

I bet £10 to get 5 free £10 bets at William Hill. Put my actual £10 on Spain to beat Poland only for that penalty debacle to happen. Then my free bets so far have all failed: Turkey against Switzerland (ok this was stupid but Turkey were priced at 9/1 or something which seemed a decent punt for a free bet), Ukraine - Austria BTTS (this looked good value at slightly better than evens only for a decent Ukraine team to struggle to string 3 passes together), and then England to win both halves 5/1 the other night (looked a decent bet come half time but then the Czechs didn't push for an equaliser and England were only too happy to sit back). 

May just stick my remaining free ones on outrights to be done with it. 

I laid Germany for a £1 last night and cashed out for £2 after Hungary scored. Oh well, better some profit than none.

Won another small combination bet on France Portugal, for £8. I'd predicted 2-2 as well but didn't have the conviction to back it, always the way. 

I'm now £7 in profit overall, yay! And still have my bet on Wales to win the whole thing riding. I'll leave it until after Saturday and then maybe cash in if they win.

I've gone for BTTS at evens for Czechs Denmark later. Denmark create a lot of chances and have conceded in every game except Wales so far. The Czechs do have a couple of clean sheets in the tournament, but XG for their opponents in those matches was 2.29 and 1 (with Netherlands' 10 men a big factor in the latter).

I don't often bet on United, but my bookie offered 80/1 on Martial top scorer in the league next season (bet back if he leaves obvs). A summer off, Sancho on the right...if he hits the ground running it might happen. Worth a tickle.

23 minutes ago, GamesGamesGames said:

I don't often bet on United, but my bookie offered 80/1 on Martial top scorer in the league next season (bet back if he leaves obvs). A summer off, Sancho on the right...if he hits the ground running it might happen. Worth a tickle.

Can you really see him dislodging Cavani from the first choice centre forward spot in the league? 

8 minutes ago, Marlowe said:

Can you really see him dislodging Cavani from the first choice centre forward spot in the league? 

I can see him starting the season, having had the summer off. If he hits the ground running then it's a case of dislodging him.

At those odds, worth a look for me.

I've been placing consolation bets against England all tournament and I'm £60 down, so I need to stake another £60 to potentially cover my losses :unsure:. This is how they hook you isn't it?

9 minutes ago, artz said:

I've been placing consolation bets against England all tournament and I'm £60 down, so I need to stake another £60 to potentially cover my losses :unsure:. This is how they hook you isn't it?

Never cover your losses. Just stop.

I've ended up with £37 for my original £30...! So cashed the £30 out this morning.

6 minutes ago, artz said:

Yeah consolation bets need to be either you lose or your team loses - don't chase that ghost!

6 minutes ago, Danster said:

Yeah consolation bets need to be either you lose or your team loses - don't chase that ghost!

I'll stop after the final, and in the unlikely event England win the Euros I'm sure I won't miss a fortnight's food.

• 4 weeks later...