rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Beertiger

South Park

21 hours ago, marcus said:

I getting really tired of South Park its almost devoid of laughs now.  It went downhill the moment they changed the format to follow a overarching story-line.   There is little opportunity for the amazing standalone episodes of the past and feels stale and rigid to me.

They ditched that 2 season ago.

Its utterly true aswell! We had and saw so many near misses with pedestrians and cars all over North Western USA. They just get dumped when the time runs out too, i wonder if somebody collects them after a time period or they are just left 'til someone uses them?

14 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

The latest instalment (ManBearPig) was great, very much resembling an episode of South Park. 

I know trying to look for a "message" in South Park is a bit odd. But previously Gore/ManBearPig were the butt of the joke. Alarmist etc. 

But in this MBP is totally real, but no one believes the kids - and there's the massacre seen in this which clearly mocks those denying MBP's existence (and then when proven to exist, that they can do anything)

It felt as though the creators had chance opinion on climate change in ~5 years - but then there's Al Gore's demands for apologies (that didn't seem to a riff on real world Al Gore...who's disappeared?)

It just confused me what it was trying to say...

Funny though!

35 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Anyone watching the new series? I've only watches the first 2 episodes so far but then going at China was brilliant.

Everyone with a shred of tegridy should say it:

Fuck the Chinese government. 

• Upvote 3

The newest series is brilliant, managed to catch a few at a friends. Still feels fresh and relevant which is quite extraordinary.

• Upvote 1

Not a huge fan of the "Trans athletes are just lying to get into competitions because that's totally how it works, look at the beard!" plot line this week though.

13 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Not a huge fan of the "Trans athletes are just lying to get into competitions because that's totally how it works, look at the beard!" plot line this week though.

Some guys definitely are now doing it just to make an anti trans athlete point. Like not even transitioning just claiming they identify as a woman and setting some records in the women's divisions and then going back to competing as men. Seen two examples of it this week alone. 

I honestly don't know how I feel about legit trans women competing against cis women. Particularly if they have transitioned later in life.

I don't think anyone is transitioning just to compete against women but still think it's questionable whether it should be permitted of not.

10 hours ago, Raoull duke said:

Some guys definitely are now doing it just to make an anti trans athlete point. Like not even transitioning just claiming they identify as a woman and setting some records in the women's divisions and then going back to competing as men. Seen two examples of it this week alone. 

I honestly don't know how I feel about legit trans women competing against cis women. Particularly if they have transitioned later in life.

I don't think anyone is transitioning just to compete against women but still think it's questionable whether it should be permitted of not.

Is that actually happening in proper competitions though? I mean, I’ve seen people do stuff like that on Instagram as a piss take but never actually seen something where there’s an actual, proper competition where someone just goes “I identify as a woman now”, wins, then says they Identify back as a man now. If that’s something that’s actually happening I’d be interested to read about it if you’ve got any links to stories?

1 hour ago, George Clooney said:

Is that actually happening in proper competitions though? I mean, I’ve seen people do stuff like that on Instagram as a piss take but never actually seen something where there’s an actual, proper competition where someone just goes “I identify as a woman now”, wins, then says they Identify back as a man now. If that’s something that’s actually happening I’d be interested to read about it if you’ve got any links to stories?

Upon trying to chase up links to both stories it appears I've been mislead both times.

One was a guy I heard mentioned on the JRE, Rogan said he broke the women's world record deadlift just by identifying as a woman, and that that was stupid and shouldn't be allowed. Which I would agree with. But upon further investigation the guy just posted a video of himself doing it and at the end said oh and I identify as a woman now. Wasn't in any competition and the record doesn't stand in any way. Literally just a stupid viral video.

The other one was a cricket player who won female cricketer of the year my friend sent me a screenshot of an article and the guy in the picture was just a regular middle aged guy, but upon looking it up, the guy in the picture had fuck all to do with the story and the lady in question is just a regular trans woman. 

12 hours ago, Dudley said:

You're totally right. I was thinking last week that South Park's "I want to be a dolphin" takes on transitioning had aged very badly, and then they drop this.

We've had some pretty lengthy discussion on this particular topic though here though.

Crux: the idea that cis men are trying to beat women in sports is a fiction made up by right wingers to give them a reason to be angry.

And secondly, sport doesn't even fucking matter, so it's not a stick to beat people's rights into the ground with.

That said, I spat my imaginary tea a bit last week when they called Giuliani a 'treasonous pig' :lol:

• Upvote 2

I don't think it was transphobic. I think it was designed specifically to get shit for being transphobic without actually having done it. Bait. They were very clear Heather Swanson "isn't exactly your average trans athlete".

I think they're just doing what they've always done, and trying to annoy literally everyone. And if they are trying to make a point it's probably a somewhat nuanced one.