rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Beertiger

South Park

The 11th season of Comedy Central's hit animated series South Park kicks off on Wednesday, March 7, at 10 p.m. This new batch of seven episodes will include a parody of the FOX action series 24, as well as a visit from presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton. And for those who would prefer to watch the episodes without the bleeps, the uncensored versions will be made available on iTunes the following Tuesday starting March 13.
New cases of people using the 'n' word are on the rise in an all new South Park entitled, 'With Apologies to Jesse Jackson', premiering on Wednesday, March 7 at 10:00 p.m. on Comedy Central.

While the citizens of South Park must contend with the widespread use of the racial slur, Cartman fights a midget.

I wonder if they'll be in widescreen now? It'd be nice if they lead the way in popular animation filling the whole damn screen and Good Times With Weapons looks great. Also I quite like the bleeps but it's nice they're putting the uncensored versions out there.

Crikey, it feels like five minutes since the last season ended. I can't keep up with all this US telly.

It wasn't that long ago really.

Southpark has the weirdest season layout, I think there's a bigger gap made between the first and second part of the season, than there is beween the end of one and the start of another (if that makes sense?).

Whats this i've been hearing of an episode(the anime one) being availiable in HD to download from xbox live for free? I presume its a US only thing though

It's 'Good Times With Weapons' completely remastered in 16:9 720p. Yes it does look pretty darn good, especially the fight to 'let's fighting love'. It's not just a cheap up-convert. The actual show is in full 16:9 and has been slightly re-jiggered.

It's available in United States, Canada, Belgium, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand. However it's easy enough to set up a US account and if you're a South Park fan it's well worth it.

Here's the difference

SD version (DVD screen grab)

GTWW6.jpg

HD version (Camera pic off screen)

GTWW5.jpg

Well it's obvious why they chose the episode they did. It's less about the HD and more about having it in 16:9 for once. Family Guy, The Simpsons and South Park all need to get on the widescreen bus. It also looks like they've gone back and touched it up as the colours are a lot more vibrant now.

Oh my god, I didn't know this was back already. So that's how the 5 weeks of no Heroes will pass by.

In retrospect, Season 10 wasn't so great. I think the only standout episode was the Warcraft one, and then the others ranged from 'meh' to 'good'. Certainly not up to the dizzying heights of the previous two (or three or four) seasons.

I've just signed up for a us account to get this and I was amazed to see how much stuff they have on there.

The custom skins that load into each section ad alot to the marketplace and previews, I didnt realise they did that.

I thought those bleeps on South Park were there on all versions? I have the DVDs and they're beeped on those!

Yea they are as far as I know... that's why when they say "fuck" for the first time in the movie they make such a big deal about it.

See also - the episode where they ge to say "shit" un-bleeped. :(

I've just signed up for a us account to get this and I was amazed to see how much stuff they have on there.

The custom skins that load into each section ad alot to the marketplace and previews, I didnt realise they did that.

Is there a simple guide to doing that somewhere?

wow this is great news. ill be watching it with a few mates in a few hours. think we got south park, family guy and simpsons. Has anyone else noticed Family Guys quality has been amazing the past couple episode?S

That's definitely the best opening few minutes of South Park I've ever seen. I was just dying of laughter.

The rest of the episode couldn't live up to the tears I was crying, but it was a solid episode. Nice to have South Park back again.

I'm in complete agreement with ojlim, that opening was almost unbearably funny.

It's weird the way the first half of season 10 was diabolical, but after the break it was, if not quite up to the standard of seasons 6-8, really solid. Especially the final episode - not the funniest South Park by any stretch, but possibly the best episode they've ever made nonetheless.