rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sabes

Group Counter-Strike: Source Map

I'm bored, so I've attached a rllmuk-exclusive preview build of my section of the map :lol:

You won't be able to do anything on it apart from wander around by yourself (unless you own a server) but it's better than nothing.

Also if anyone else wants help with their section or wants to collaborate on one, bearing in mind I'm too lazy to make something significantly more complex/detailed than the map I've uploaded, then send me a PM or post in here or something.

edm_mrpeckerston_a2.zip

I'm bored, so I've attached a rllmuk-exclusive preview build of my section of the map ^_^

You won't be able to do anything on it apart from wander around by yourself (unless you own a server) but it's better than nothing.

Also if anyone else wants help with their section or wants to collaborate on one, bearing in mind I'm too lazy to make something significantly more complex/detailed than the map I've uploaded, then send me a PM or post in here or something.

oh no! the water kills you!

:lol:

I like the way there are no places to hide or camp. Aim maps can get really boring if you get people camping on them since there are no objectives.

Yeah, the main problem I'm working on is the water. There are a few ridiculously overpowered campspots (no, I won't list them) and they're almost all in the water. Making the water do a small amount of damage is a cheap fix that stops people from staying there too long, and makes it easy to hear someone camping there. Hopefully I'll think of a better solution sometime :lol:

edit: The killer water thing also carries over from when I first started the map - it looked like something out of Tron, and the ground was covered in a mesh of lasers. After that it turned into a weird post-apocalyptic thing where it was pouring with rain, everything was made of concrete/metal and the ground was covered in toxic sludge. Now it's all happy and sunny, but the layout was designed around the assumption that the ground was deadly..

I like the deadly water, maybe make it not do quite as much damage though.

The water does less than a third of the damage it used to do -_-

The new version is also a lot shiner and more next-gen than the build I sent you because I used the "normal" compile instead of "quick"

Skyboxes are easy - MSN/PM me and I'll help you out. Or try this tutorial.

Yeah I've always been fine with them before but for some reason this time I used a texture which didn't work. Sabes told me to use the 'tools' one though and its all good.

I just realised I havn't been making an aim map, its more of a climb map race to the guns.

I've thrown together another quick section. To make it a true next-gen experience, I took the screenshots with so much HDR that my fingernails are glowing (and with the sun at the wrong angle so all the shadows/reflections are broken and the glass looks disgusting):

4v5p4z7.jpg

66xg0tf.jpg

edit: I've added more shiny HDR and fixed a few bugs, and changed the floor from sand to leaves as an experiment. Should I keep it as it is, or put the sand back?

4q6g0mv.jpg

Help! What's causing this?

I get the big red flashing error message on my maps where I've added windows into buildings. These are prop_detail, and I get the problem whether it's clipping or not. What do I need to change them to to make them display as they should? I also get the same thing with the tree models I've put in in the past.

EDIT : solved, needs to be prop_static YAY!

Mad skillz, can't believe my map wasn't included to be fair. One of these days I'm going to make a map that will actually get finished, trufax.

What map?

If you still have that old one you made with the street and the house I could chuck that in.

That was my pride and joy, I wonder if it's still around.

If you find it I'll decompile it and add it, only as it's your birthday though.

I just checked and I didn't even have the sdk, so I doubt it's around :lol:

Right, it's all been put together, as long as it runs ok once it's compiled it'll be ready for testing tonight if anyone fancies it.

It's probably easiest to use hamachi and connect to a LAN game.

Anyone?

Right, Mr Peckerston's gonna have a server up, hopefully the lag won't get too bad and we can give it a bit of a test.

82.29.212.185:27015 will be the server, password will be rllmuk

Not sure when it'll be up though :)

Apparently it's up now.

It'd be aces if you could dl from the link above rather than the server as it causes more lag :)

82.40.151.157:27015 as well