March Hip Hop Recommendations

Boozy The Clown

At the moment I'm thinking the El-P album is probably even better than Fantastic Damage, we'll see how it holds up over time but it's getting better with every listen at the moment. Anyone else off to the Leeds show?

Superb Large Professor remix up on Spine today:

Conquer Mentally (Large Pro remix) - DJ Presto featuring Sadat X, O.C. and Large Professor

It's like a lost classic, circa 94. I think esar will be digging this one.

Yep! :lol:

Esar...what's the deal with the RA The Rugged Man gig? EDIT: Just read on UKHH that it was postponed and is now hopefully happening end of May/beginning of June....with Killah Priest, Chain Of Command, Triple Darkness (?) and Stig....I want to go.

Speaking of Stig...has anyone recommended his Homeless Microphonist EP from last year on here? Sick...

Yeah, unfortunately it was postponed.

I have of course been pimping Stig's ep on here, it really is dope, a lot better than a lot of recent ukhh releases.

That prodigy album is very good, I give him much kudos for stepping out of the G Unit shadow and trying something *slightly* different. I think I prefer the alchemist beats on evidences LP but he is still having an amazing year.

I've been wondering about that Evidence album. I'd have checked it out, but the last couple of Dilated Peoples albums didn't really interest me. Would you mind uploading a couple of tracks from the album please?

Esar...what's the deal with the RA The Rugged Man gig? EDIT: Just read on UKHH that it was postponed and is now hopefully happening end of May/beginning of June....with Killah Priest, Chain Of Command, Triple Darkness (?) and Stig....I want to go.

if its the weekend of June 9th then I'm probably available to attend. I'm well keen to be sure to be sure. :o

Did you check out Prodigy's Return of the Mac album (out this week I think)? It's got a sleazy 70s sort of sound to it, courtesy of the Alchemist's production. Here's a good interview with him. I'm surprised that this is the first album he's produced 100% for an artist:

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=alchemist

EDIT: Am I the only guy here who likes this album? The beats are superb!

Yet to check this out too. :o

So thats........Prodigy, Sean Price, Black Milk, Redman and possibly Evidence's album I want to pick up at some point soon! :)

OH, that Abdominal album needs to be checked out too. Was loving his flow a year or so back.

Thanks for the Thes One tracks, really like them.

http://www.spinemagazine.com/music/march/e...ecloudsaway.mp3

Chase the clouds away from evidence album, spine magaine posted a while back - think its my favourite track of the album, reminds me of win or lose by mobb deep.

Anyone checked the new Dirty Diggers album? Im a bit scared to after the single.

B000N95DCI.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V42614761_.jpg

If your a Mobb deep fan I cant recommend this enough. Its 2cds of unreleased tracks from the beginning of their career up to date. Worth it for "Cobra" alone!

http://www.byroncrawford.com/2007/02/elp_ill_sleep_w.html

The worst review of a hip-hop album, I've ever seen in my life. I don't think I've ever wanted to castrate someone purely due to a review they've written.

I've kept quiet on the El-P album, to be honest, I've pretty much had it in repeat for the last week or so. I really like it, the last thing I expected this album to be, is "catchy", but it REALLY IS! I find myself waiting for the next tune to come, anticipating the basslines and noises. He's kept really simple underlying elements on this album, where is with Fandam, I struggled to stay with the album all the way through due to it all sounding like a car crash at times e.g. Dead Disnee.

This really does piss on Fandam, completely...in every way possible. It's so much more accomplished, sounds like a real heavyweight hip-hop album from the year 2500 or something. Quite overwhelming at times, plenty of goosebump points, most notably when the beat kicks in on "Smithereens". This may be rinsed by all the BMXer's and Backpacking, hemp cake eating students...but sometimes you just have to hold your hand up, and just be like.."Fair fucking play. You, El-P, are a fucking monster".

Jesus Christ, that review is something special. The fuck-wit who wrote it clearly has no cop-on, a base level intelligence and no knowledge of what a music review should be like.

In regards to El-'s album, add me to the "I have it on repeat" club. Really impressed with the thing so far and how much more accessible it is compared to FanDam. There just seems to be a lot more cohesion in his story telling where most songs seem to have a clear theme that's followed through, shit, even Aesop does his best to spit a verse that kinda makes sense. His beats are just as saturated on this as they were on FanDam but it seems he's putting it all together with a bit more of a consideration for some sort of melody. As Das said, it's catchy at times, something I'd never think an El-p album would be.

Really, really fucking loving this at the moment and as a big El-p fan, I'm happy to see it getting love from the forum. Much more then I thought it would get because El's very much a love him or hate him kinda artist.

Anyone checked the new Dirty Diggers album? Im a bit scared to after the single.

I haven't heard the single, is it bad? Their last album was amazing so I'm willing to buy it on their name alone. They seem to work so well together as both MCs and porducers with a genuine like for one another. It really comes across in their music and its something I appreciate.

Conspiracyuk is playing some of my bro's tracks tonight apparantly. 10-12.

It's that dude that cussed Necro, Montana guy, such a PRICK!

I'd forgotten about that Necro interview, classic stuff.

"I WORKED SO HARD"

:unsure:

so i love you guys... really. i read this thread every month but, obviously don't post a lot. anyway... i'd never really paid attention to El-P until someone posted some tracks from Fantastic Damage ages ago and then i was just hooked, i mean i was aware of him from Def Jux shit, Big Juss (but not really Company Flow until I went back after getting into Fan Dam) I really like parts of both NMS albums, and etc...

so anyway, because of all that i got I'll Sleep When You're Dead the other day... man, i've listened to it too many times already but still really fucking like it! i mean Fantasic Damage is a excellent album, but this is just completely superior.

seriously, exemplary music... i've already commanded about 6 people to go out and buy it, the majority have sensibly heeded.

yeah... thats all :unsure:

At the moment I'm thinking the El-P album is probably even better than Fantastic Damage, we'll see how it holds up over time but it's getting better with every listen at the moment. Anyone else off to the Leeds show?

me and some friends are :wub:

so i love you guys... really. i read this thread every month but, obviously don't post a lot. anyway... i'd never really paid attention to El-P until someone posted some tracks from Fantastic Damage ages ago and then i was just hooked, i mean i was aware of him from Def Jux shit, Big Juss (but not really Company Flow until I went back after getting into Fan Dam) I really like parts of both NMS albums, and etc...

so anyway, because of all that i got I'll Sleep When You're Dead the other day... man, i've listened to it too many times already but still really fucking like it! i mean Fantasic Damage is a excellent album, but this is just completely superior.

seriously, exemplary music... i've already commanded about 6 people to go out and buy it, the majority have sensibly heeded.

yeah... thats all :unsure:

me and some friends are :wub:

Thanks brother, you're always welcome so post more often. I must admit, I set myself up to hate the new El-P album...just because I'm a bit like that, hip-hop snobbery etc etc. I just can't hate it, no matter how much I try!

so i love you guys... really. i read this thread every month but, obviously don't post a lot. anyway...

I've not been around much for the past few months, but I always love seeing posts like this. There was a time when we'd get one or two every month. Most of these people become regular posters in the thread. It's really heartwarming. In a non-gay way.

So, yeah, props to manah, yo!

Also, Redman has a had a few rotations now. I'm underwhelmed, but I'm a big Redman fan. The last album wasn't great either, but this feels like more filler. A handful of bangers and nothing else. Maybe it'll grow on me, but I really want another Dare Iz A Darkside. Was that really 1994? Fuck me. Five stars in HHC, too!

El-P has had less iPod time, but I gave my first listen while on a run last weekend. Weird experience. It felt like I was fleeing El-P's twisted, brilliant brain. Think it's fantastic so far, but that's just from two listens. Really enjoyed Fantastic Damage (even bough fandamplus), but this is next fucking level. Album of the year?

Also, Redman has a had a few rotations now. I'm underwhelmed, but I'm a big Redman fan. The last album wasn't great either, but this feels like more filler. A handful of bangers and nothing else.

I'm currently listening for the first time and its underwhelming me too (Perhaps due to no sleep after a heavy session last night)

That Method Man track though is :D

Currently listening to:

30125718460cdefe1766e.jpg

01. Ozone (Original Unreleased Version) 04:04

02. Snakes 03:26

03. Word…Life (Remix) 04:56

04. Stronjay (Original Unreleased Version) 04:17

05. Crooklyn (feat. Chubb Rock & Jeru The Damaja) 05:03

06. You Won’t Go Far (feat. Organized Konfusion) 03:43

07. Day One (feat. D.I.T.C.) 04:15

08. Get Yours (Remix) (feat. Big L & Diamond) 04:11

09. King Of N.Y. 03:25

10. Bonifide (feat. Jay-Z) 04:36

11. Wordplay (feat. Da Ranjahz) 04:08

12. U-N-I 04:11

13. Half Good, Half Sinner 03:13

14. Emotions (Remix) (feat. Ja Shawn) 04:08

15. The Inventor 03:58

16. Yes Sir (feat. Sadat X) 02:30

Well worth a listen for Wu fans, Cilvaringz:

2sbae4i.jpg

Entirely produced by RZA & The Wu-Elements and guest starring no less than 6 of the original 9 Wu-Tang Clan members, this album will surely quinch the thirst of many Wu-Tang fans, patiently awaiting the return of the classical Wu-Tang sound!

The Shaolin samples are back! The eerie strings, samples and piano chords are once more accompanied by rugged drums as RZA & the Wu-Elements have dug out beats from their crates, some dating back to 1995.

With Cilvaringz putting the finger on politics, the Nation of Islam, social issues, Michael Jackson and even his own bad experiences within the Wu-Tang Killa Beez, this album could easily be the most controversial Wu-Tang album to date.

Conspiracyuk is playing some of my bro's tracks tonight apparantly. 10-12.

It's that dude that cussed Necro, Montana guy, such a PRICK!

Seriously ? :D

REWIND ALERT!

Cilvarings, Shallah Raekwon, Ghostface Killah & Prince Rakeem - The Weeping Tiger

The best track at least 3 of these fuckers have been on in years ? This is a WU BANGA like we haven't heard in far too long.