Justice League

toonfool

Wasn’t the Lex Luthor bath scene finished in the original version but cut for time?

Edit - Hang on, it was BvS it was deleted from, and the character probably looked different so they’d have to do it again anyway. 

Well I have no idea then. That shot really stood out, it’s only a few minutes in and it looks like he’s stood in a pool of green screen, with really noticeable artefacts around him. 

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

What makes CGI so expensive? I've never quite understood. Is it the man hours, or the tech, or the expertise, or all of them?

All of the above. Also, greenscreen is basically shit so it pretty much all has to be hand-rotoscoped, which takes forever. It wouldn't be untypical for a shot to go trough 50 passes. Tedious, slow and expensive.

Two parts down.

Spoiler

its all very dramatic, but nothing’s really happened yet.

the slow motion and broody music is really funny.

Err, what else?

did Wonder Woman have to explode that guy and destroy a big bunch a building at the start instead of just grabbing the gun?

aquaman basically told that whole town who batman is. But I think that was in before.

the flashback battle at the end of 2 was ok. Although it makes me wonder why it took so long for the baddies to come back if they knew exactly which planet they left their important boxes in.

its all just a bit.... nothing... and no actual batman in costume yet which we knew before

It could be worse. 

And I totally forgot it was in 4:3 after a while tbh, although that is still bonkers.

11 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Two parts down.

Hide contents

its all very dramatic, but nothing’s really happened yet.

the slow motion and broody music is really funny.

Err, what else?

did Wonder Woman have to explode that guy and destroy a big bunch a building at the start instead of just grabbing the gun?

aquaman basically told that whole town who batman is. But I think that was in before.

the flashback battle at the end of 2 was ok. Although it makes me wonder why it took so long for the baddies to come back if they knew exactly which planet they left their important boxes in.

its all just a bit.... nothing... and no actual batman in costume yet which we knew before

It could be worse. 

And I totally forgot it was in 4:3 after a while tbh, although that is still bonkers.

It's the Homer reasoning, about WW

Spoiler

She did it because she was ANGRY

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Seems that you provided a link to private horse CGI content there. :sherlock:

What did they spend $90m on if the CGI is still at a TV standard?

Wasn't it 70 million for the budget?

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Seems that you provided a link to private horse CGI content there. :sherlock:

What did they spend $90m on if the CGI is still at a TV standard?

It's quite a long film, I guess. Given how much footage they would have had to re-do and create the special effects for, I would imagine $90m doesn't go as far as you'd think.

After a break, I’ve now seen parts 3 and 4.

its becoming a real slog now.

Spoiler

its also getting a bit confusing.

whats all this anti life equation stuff? That’s new right.

so stepenwolf has discovered it’s on earth... but didn’t darkseid also see it on the ground when he first appeared? Did I imagine that big lava pattern.

So they didn’t come back to earth to get the boxes because superman was there (but only for 30 of the last thousand or so years) how has he forgotten about the other super weapon thingy. I guess he didn’t notice?

and Martian manhunter is secretly giving Lois lane life advice!

I can see why they didn’t put it out as separate episodes.

binging something when it’s all available is one thing... but I don’t think many people would keep coming back week after week to see a longer version of the same movie from a few years ago.

I think I’ll finish it tomorrow now.

Well, about this ending on a massive cliffhanger

Spoiler

It didn't. At least I wouldn't call it that. It resolved the immediate story and the villain will return at some point in the future. Which I thought would be par for the course for this kind of stuff.

55 minutes ago, probotector said:

All this positive excitement on rllmuk is unheard of.

Zak deliveried.

Personally I’m going to wait until it’s on Now TV so I can view it how Zak envisioned it rather than yarring a copy.

hah! I knew this was all fake!

2 hours ago, probotector said:

Personally I’m going to wait until it’s on Now TV so I can view it how Zak envisioned it rather than yarring a copy.

The torrent versions are 4:3 as well.

I've found the first hour and 45 of this a strange watch, I can't really put my finger on why. Each scene in isolation is sort of fine, but it feels like a lot of them are in a slightly wrong order. It's not completely nonsensical but the structure is just slightly wrong enough for it to not feel like a real film, if that makes sense?

I suppose it might just be a byproduct of being edited to be a TV series, but I can't imagine watching it episodically would be much better. Every ten minutes or so it crescendos with either a slow motion sequence, a massive explosion, or the sort of dialogue exchange you'd expect at the end of a character's full arc. And then it resets. It's weird!

2 hours ago, PK said:

I've found the first hour and 45 of this a strange watch, I can't really put my finger on why. Each scene in isolation is sort of fine, but it feels like a lot of them are in a slightly wrong order. It's not completely nonsensical but the structure is just wrong enough for it to not feel like a real film, if that makes sense?

I suppose it might just be a byproduct of being edited to be a TV series, but I can't imagine watching it episodically would be much better. Every ten minutes or so it crescendos with either a slow motion sequence, a massive explosion, or the sort of dialogue exchange you'd expect at the end of a character's full arc. And then it resets. It's weird!

The second half is less weird, but is mainly large CGI battles. Got a bit bored. 

The most interesting bit is right at the end

Spoiler

I would genuinely quite like to see a full film based around the dream sequence/vision from another timeline. Post-apocalyptic superheroes and supervillains being hunted by evil Superman, shot like an indie film with an inexplicably gigantic CGI budget, would be great fun!

34 minutes ago, PK said:

The most interesting bit is right at the end

Hide contents

I would genuinely quite like to see a full film based around the dream sequence/vision from another timeline. Post-apocalyptic superheroes and supervillains being hunted by evil Superman, shot like an indie film with an inexplicably gigantic CGI budget, would be great fun!

Yeah I agree

Spoiler

A dirty dozen style movie with Batman / joker / slade Wilson etc  on a dirty dozen mission to stop evil superman, and reset the time line would be great esp from the tease we get at the end of this movie - plus lettos joker is far better in this than suicide squad