Justice League

toonfool

6 minutes ago, Thor said:

Assume the ! is for it being too small a file size? Because that's too way too fucking small for a four hour UHD vid.

It’s the 1080p version, I couldn’t see a 4K one but I don’t have any way to watch pirated stuff in 4K anyway. I can’t imagine how big the file for that will be, but as I’m watching it mostly because I’m wondering how shit it will be I’m not that fussed about getting optimum quality.

11 minutes ago, Thor said:

I like to appreciate things at their best, even turds. :lol:

So what screen ratio are we actually dealing with here? 

I’ll let you know in five minutes and nineteen seconds.

I fucking love his version of Lex, he's easily my favourite thing about BvS. He's directly or indirectly responsible for the two funniest moments (the old piss jar and the bit where he gleefully presents Superman with polaroids of his mom in bondage). His insane tone is what I'd hope for from a Superman movie, and I do kind of love the way he's so tonally inappropriate for that movie.

Watching this at the min (about 1hr and half in) and I’m enjoying it.  But.....  there are some more really bad looks like made for tv cgi moments in this already.

The reason why this is 4 hrs long is because so far half the movie has been slow mo scenes (and that includes shots of normal peeps walking down the street etc. In slow mo.)

this may been better if they had if split it into the 4 part tv series instead of joined together 4 he movie - it def feels more now like a tv show 

They missed out on the possibility of some Square Enix-style names.

Justice League: The Snyder Cut: Episode 2 [Chapter 2: Age of Heroes (Acts 2-3) & Chapter 3: Beloved Mother, Beloved Son (Act 1)]

I had to stop after about an hour because the laptop was required by someone else, I’ll watch the rest tonight.

It’s definitely paced better than the theatrical version, and so far it’s certainly the best of Snyder’s D.C. stuff. I actually quite like the way it’s slow pacing allows a lot of the smaller moments to breathe and gives texture to the world. 

The effects are super inconsistent, possibly because some bits were finished on a Hollywood budget and others on the HBO budget? When it works together it is predictably gorgeous, but sometimes it will then cut immediately to a terrible shot like the one of Lex in the pool above, which makes it even more noticeable. Snyder really can frame a shot. Nothing really silly so far, and it’s certainly a lot less totally jarring than the theatrical version was.