Justice League

toonfool

7 hours ago, probotector said:

This is for the fans.

This really is some really poor trolling. You need to up your game. Maybe if your posts were written in slow motion with a downbeat rendition of a pop song playing in the background they would have more gravitas. 

7 minutes ago, Stoppy2000 said:

This really is some really poor trolling. You need to up your game. Maybe if your posts were written in slow motion with a downbeat rendition of a pop song playing in the background they would have more gravitas. 

There are millions of fans looking forward to this. It’s not trolling to like Snyder.

This isn’t the only place I’m shilling JL! I’ve been defending it with friends for years!

981C0C64-69AD-4224-939C-66CF3C1418E6.jpeg

9 minutes ago, probotector said:

There are millions of fans looking forward to this. It’s not trolling to like Snyder.

This isn’t the only place I’m shilling JL! I’ve been defending it with friends for years!

981C0C64-69AD-4224-939C-66CF3C1418E6.jpeg

Yeah this is really, really poor trolling now.

Well those reviews aren’t exactly surprising. I’m disappointed that it’s not had a narrative overhaul and is just the same story but longer, feels like there’s a lot less point in watching it when that story is utter shite.

Unfortunately this is one of those cases where "For the fans" just means it's just for people who neither care or recognise that the material is awful. Which is fine, I guess, if they're pleased with what they get, but it shouldn't be confused with him actually making a good movie.

I hope I enjoy it, but I've definitely tempered my expectations.

Got to say though I've never seen such a pile-on hoping it fails. I wouldn't waste such an amount of time on something just to join in with the gang roasting.

Feel sorry for probotector too, it's obvious to me he's excited and trying to muster some kindred enthusiasm, just to be labelled a troll.

I hope it's epic for you @probotector.

I haven’t seen anyone saying they hope it to fail. I have however seen plenty of people saying they expect it to be terrible, which given the DCEU’s history and the sheer hubris of the Snyder Cut project should not be a surprising response.

9 minutes ago, Pug said:

I hope I enjoy it, but I've definitely tempered my expectations.

Got to say though I've never seen such a pile-on hoping it fails. I wouldn't waste such an amount of time on something just to join in with the gang roasting.

Feel sorry for probotector too, it's obvious to me he's excited and trying to muster some kindred enthusiasm, just to be labelled a troll.

I hope it's epic for you @probotector.

You actually think Probes is being sincere? Obviously never read the flat earth thread.

I don't think people are necessarily hoping it fails but are expressing the opinion that everything Snyder has ever done, particularly recently and in his DC work, has been absolutely awful. So the assumption is it probably will fail. Couple that with the horrible, weird tone of all the "release the Snyder cut" twitter mob and the fact that Probotector has said nice things about Batman vs Superman and you've got more than enough reason people are being down on it. 

14 minutes ago, Harsin said:

You actually think Probes is being sincere? Obviously never read the flat earth thread.

Just had a quick glance, :huh:

Hope I haven't been suckered, but I understand now why you'd think otherwise. 

Comics are not some high art medium.

Their plots are dumb, don’t often make sense and often contradict themselves.

Snyder’s movies are just like that. Dumb entertainment. The look amazing. They sound great. They have epic dialogue that yes, does sound pretentious but these are movies aimed at over grown kids.

The Martha scene gets mocked but it’s in tone with comicbook stuff. I thought it was a great dumb scene with the epic music and the flashback to the credits sequence with Bruce’s dad uttering Martha with his last breath just like Superman does. Batman quickly realises he is that thug in the alleyway that killed his Martha and now he was doing the same to Superman’s Martha.

Snyder is a genius to clock their mothers had the same name! These characters are a 100yrs old and no one else has made that connnection.

It’s sad he gets mocked for it. The dude is a genius. 

1 hour ago, probotector said:

Comics are not some high art medium.

Their plots are dumb, don’t often make sense and often contradict themselves.

Snyder’s movies are just like that. Dumb entertainment. The look amazing. They sound great. They have epic dialogue that yes, does sound pretentious but these are movies aimed at over grown kids.

The Martha scene gets mocked but it’s in tone with comicbook stuff. I thought it was a great dumb scene with the epic music and the flashback to the credits sequence with Bruce’s dad uttering Martha with his last breath just like Superman does. Batman quickly realises he is that thug in the alleyway that killed his Martha and now he was doing the same to Superman’s Martha.

Snyder is a genius to clock their mothers had the same name! These characters are a 100yrs old and no one else has made that connnection.

It’s sad he gets mocked for it. The dude is a genius. 

Dumb entertainment eh? I can see why that might appeal to you...

Who are the real trolls in here. The fans or the people shitting on it before even seeing it!

Plenty of youtube reviews are glowing.

No one gives a shit what some dickhead in The Sun or The Guardian thinks about it.

I had no idea this existed prior to last week at some point, so, even if it is DC and Snyder, it's still a new big budget superhero film I wasn't expecting so I'm going to be happy to watch it. Whether I'll be happy on the other side remains to be seen.