Justice League

54 minutes ago, probotector said:

Batman is the epitome of grim dark.

And the bat family aren't. Nor is Grant Morrisons run.  Some batman is grimdark and also good. 

Unlike anything Zack Snyder has done for movies or DC comics. 

2 hours ago, cassidy said:

And the bat family aren't. Nor is Grant Morrisons run.  Some batman is grimdark and also good. 

Unlike anything Zack Snyder has done for movies or DC comics. 

Sadly most people - including Synder himself have only read Dark Knight Returns and believe that’s the only version of Batman that’s ever existed.

12 minutes ago, SaintAnselm said:

Sadly most people - including Synder himself have only read Dark Knight Returns and believe that’s the only version of Batman that’s ever existed.

And they've also missed the point of DKR and completely miss Carrie Robin, who, I'm sure, they rather wasn't there.

Edit: And I'm no huge fan of Miller but man! can he write a great Superman.

It's Snyder's 'this movie is for ADULTS!' that is the odd bit for me. I haven't seen all his output, but his DC movies are the sort of thing 13-year old me would have loved and thought was incredibly clever.

Another slow mo scene! Fighting set to a rousing iconic song! Batman just swore... again! Every character, even minor ones, have portentous lines of dialogue! OMG they're all doing these amazing things but they act like they just don't give a shit!

There was a trend in the exxxtreme 90s of giving superheroes shitty jackets.

spacer.png

Sue Storm may have decided to dress like a stripper to fight Galactus, but at least her shoulders are warm.

The duster/trechcoat Batman is a reworking of the Red Son Batman, isn't it? I don't actually think it's a bad look. I do think that the original Justice League film was absolute crap and yes, I'll watch this version to see how it has been "improved".

2 hours ago, Glasgowchivas said:

The duster/trechcoat Batman is a reworking of the Red Son Batman, isn't it? I don't actually think it's a bad look. I do think that the original Justice League film was absolute crap and yes, I'll watch this version to see how it has been "improved".

I think at this point people are just looking for excuses to shit on Snyder and his movies. 

2 hours ago, Festoon said:

It's almost as if he's a bad filmmaker.

I find his DC output awful, they're not the characters I grew up reading. The Justice League I know of are more akin to Bruce Timm's Justice League. Everything with Synder is just dark and edgy,  and going back to as a film maker, I had to google his IMDB and I maybe like Watchmen, but even then I felt like I could have read the book again.

Just watched the trailer and isn't most of the action footage just taken from the end when they fight Steppenwolf in the 'dome thing'(I can't temember whayt it was) except Steppenwolf has new CGI body (and maybe Cyborg as well).

I thought Kevin Costner photo was going to be the stupidest bit, but then the ending................

16 minutes ago, yakumo said:

I find his DC output awful, they're not the characters I grew up reading. The Justice League I know of are more akin to Bruce Timm's Justice League. Everything with Synder is just dark and edgy,  and going back to as a film maker, I had to google his IMDB and I maybe like Watchmen, but even then I felt like I could have read the book again.

I just think it's fun to mock his films, so therefore it's good he exists in general.

Specifically though, he's ruining any possibility of decent DC films for decades.

2 hours ago, Festoon said:

Specifically though, he's ruining any possibility of decent DC films for decades.

Joker was alright. The Batman looks like it could be good. Gunn's Suicide Squad should be fun.

On 14/02/2021 at 18:33, probotector said:

I don’t expect Se7en or Citizen Kane. When I was a teenager, I used to read sight and sound at college before my Media Studies class. I used to hate Micheal Bay movies. Why would anyone watch that trash.

When I grew up, I realised the trashy goodness of The Rock, ConAir and Armageddon... it was deep impact that was the trashy movie in the end...remember that? Of course you don’t. 

These are comic book movies. You turn your brain off to watch them. 

They’re supposed to cool, cheesy, epic and yeah, immature. When I watch these movies, I just want shallow epicness.

Chill out and enjoy the ride! This is gonna be epic! 

A day late on this, but The Rock, Con Air and Armageddon all each have more wit and charm in any random 15 minutes of their respective running times than Zach Snyder has managed across his entire career. 

The biggest problem with him isn’t that his movies are trashy, it’s that they’re no fun. 

8 minutes ago, Flanders said:

A day late on this, but The Rock, Con Air and Armageddon all each have more wit and charm in any random 15 minutes of their respective running times than Zach Snyder has managed across his entire career. 

The biggest problem with him isn’t that his movies are trashy, it’s that they’re no fun. 

And so, so boring. Sucker Punch? Endless action scenes with no dynamism or peril.

Action. Without. Dynamism. Or. Peril.

Truly visionary.

And he can't hold a candle to Bay in terms of visuals.