Justice League

10 hours ago, probotector said:

I loved Batman V Superman.

It was a comic on screen.

This is why people were so upset. They prefer bland shite from Disney.

Its probably the best looking and sounding comic book movie and I’ve seen it multiple times. 

Dredd.

No trollin yo 

Justice League was probably the most painful watch ever. The colours were off, probably the worst Batman ever and totally different to the badass in BvS.

Worst of all was the marvelification, awful awful quips as bad as any from RDJ.

I’m genuinely looking forward to the Snyder cut. The dude has only made one bad film 

Now Leto has been announced, I’m really really, really, really hoping for a finale of the Justice League (and Lois picking up and putting down and picking up kryptonite weapons with help from ghost Russell Crowe) vs Joker, Stepenwolf, CGI David Thewlis, Jessie Eisenberg Luthor, The Enchantress And the Doomsday thing from Batman vs Supes (with General Zod’s corpse strapped to the back).

That would be amazing. Maybe they could start the Flashpoint stuff early and bring back another version of Lex Luthor. A Kevin Spacey come back to really put the cherry on the cake!!!!

Ray Fisher has done an interview with Forbes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sherazfarooqi/2020/10/29/interview-ray-fisher-talks-toxic-justice-league-set-warnermedia-investigation-and-erasing-characters-of-color/

One post-publication edit to the article that's not immediately obvious:

The Mary Sue quotes this paragraph from the interview, which is probably the most specific allegation against Joss Whedon:

“What set my soul on fire and forced me to speak out about Joss Whedon this summer was my becoming informed that Joss had ordered that the complexion of an actor of color be changed in post-production because he didn’t like the color of their skin tone,” Fisher said. “Man, with everything 2020’s been, that was the tipping point for me.”

However, that paragraph has since been removed from the original Forbes page, and the below response from Whedon's representative has been added - which I think is the first time he's publicly commented on any of this:

A representative for Whedon said; The individual who offered this statement acknowledged that this was just something that he had heard from someone else and accepted as truth, when in fact simple research would prove that it was false. As is standard on almost all films, there were numerous people involved with mixing the final product, including the editor, special effects person, composer, etc. with the senior colorist responsible for the final version's tone, colors, and mood. This process was further complicated on this project by the fact that Zack shot on film, while Joss shot on digital, which required the team, led by the same senior colorist who has worked on previous films for Zack, to reconcile the two.

The removal of Fisher's original above quote means the article now has no context for why Whedon's response emphasises the senior colourist like that.

I have no doubt Whedon may be horrible person based on all the the first-hand reports from people who,ve worked with him. The problem is all Ray Fisher's accusations so far have had a hint of I heard Ralph Wiggum say he saw Joss Whedon in the closet making babies with Mrs Krabappel.

Talking of problematic individuals.

Worth remembering that Visionary Director Zack Snyder's Justice League Zack Snyder Cut by Visionary Director Zack Snyder will feature more of:

• Jared Leto
  • Ezra Miller
  • Amber Heard

Yeesh!

Yes, let's downplay his first-hand accusation of “gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable” behaviour, supported by some big names involved in the production and somehow turn this around to Snyder being the real problem. This place :lol:

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

Worth remembering that Visionary Director Zack Snyder's Justice League Zack Snack Snyder Cut by Visionary Director Zack Snyder will feature more of:

• Jared Leto
  • Ezra Miller
  • Amber Heard

Yeesh!

I didn't mind Ezra. He was awkward enough to be endearing. I don't even remember Jared Leto tbh, and I would be surprised if anyone renews anything with that abusive PoS Heard.

2 hours ago, IcEBuRN said:

I didn't mind Ezra. He was awkward enough to be endearing. I don't even remember Jared Leto tbh, and I would be surprised if anyone renews anything with that abusive PoS Heard.

I think they're referring to him grabbing a female fan around the throat and pushing her to the ground rather than his onscreen role.

5 hours ago, Grobbelboy said:

Yes, let's downplay his first-hand accusation of “gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable” behaviour, supported by some big names involved in the production and somehow turn this around to Snyder being the real problem. This place :lol:

No examples. The examples he does give are “somebody told me”.

Doesn’t mean they didn’t happen, but if there’s that many examples you’d have thought he’d have given a first hand one - which would also make the media organisation more comfortable printing it - rather than something so vague.

3 hours ago, Stigweard said:

I think they're referring to him grabbing a female fan around the throat and pushing her to the ground rather than his onscreen role.

Ohh yeah, I remember that now... Hmmmm. Conflicted. 

This is where they have someone do due diligence on all of the intellectual property in the trailer and it turns out they technically don't actually own the rights to any of the superheroes' belts and they'll need to CGI them out.

Due to a weird contractual quirk, they are actually obliged to have Cavill's moustache unaltered. But they've lost the unaltered footage, so they have to go back and do a CG moustache on top of his previously CG shorn lip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/11/2020 at 15:14, Gambit said:

Where the fuck did all that extra WB money go? Cocaine?

Remember, they've also got to colour-correct the final action sequence back from blue to red (or possibly the other way round; whichever way it was in the original trailer). That's got to cost a fair amount, right?