Justice League

It’s funny that barely any TV or films have been made for months. Cinemas are on their arse, but post Covid will need content and studios will need films to show in them.

Warner Bros are instead spending time and money shooting extra footage for what now appears to be a remake of a 3 year old

film that bombed.

And it bombed because Snyder’s first two

stabs at the DCU weren’t that well received so people didn’t go and see what should have been a slam dunk.

8 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

And it bombed because Snyder’s first two

stabs at the DCU weren’t that well received so people didn’t go and see what should have been a slam dunk.

Another thing that shows how much they messed up what should have been a surefire hit: Wonder Woman had been a massive success a few months earlier. That should have been the ideal thing to help promote and build up Justice League, in the same way that Black Panther helped Avengers Infinity War a few months later: "You know that character you loved a few months ago? You can see her again in cinemas THIS YEAR!"

So clearly the response to Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad wasn't putting people off all DC movies at the time.

Snyder is what’s putting people off, whether consciously because they know who he is and how awful his movies are, or because the trailers are so obviously in the same style as his previous two terrible DC movies. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah the colours look like some thought has been put into them rather than Wheaton just cranking up the brightness, vibrancy and Saturation dials up to 100.

Snyder always delivers IMO. The dude knows style and how do del Kerry maximum epicness.

Just leave your cinematic snobbishness at the door and you’re in for a treat! 

On 22/10/2020 at 23:43, probotector said:

Just leave your cinematic snobbishness at the door and you’re in for a treat! 

Not wanting to watch nonsensical shite written by idiots isn’t snobbishness, it’s just basic respect for your own time. 

Even within the realm of "switch your brain off" romps was is a poor show, just pretty dull. 

I am looking forward to watching his cut though, because I think it will be the right kind of bad.

I loved Batman V Superman.

It was a comic on screen.

This is why people were so upset. They prefer bland shite from Disney.

Its probably the best looking and sounding comic book movie and I’ve seen it multiple times. 

4 minutes ago, probotector said:

Its probably the best looking and sounding comic book movie and I’ve seen it multiple times. 

I’m bored shitless of the Marvel formula. I don’t know how poor the comics you’ve read are but BvS isn’t a patch on the writing or structure of the majority that I’ve read. It’s a nonsense story with terrible characterisation and worse dialogue, leagues away from the vast majority of Batman or Superman comics I’ve read, even the bad ones. It’s far worse than the animated D.C. movies featuring the same characters. 

In fairness though if pretty cinematography and good sound engineering are bigger priorities for you than coherent narrative or characters then I guess enjoying Snyder movies would make sense. Pretending it’s about comic book knowledge or Marvel fandom is silly. Superman and Batman comic book fans have more reason to dislike the awful DCEU movies than anyone. 

10 minutes ago, probotector said:

A shit comic maybe, but I have never read any comics as bad as that mess of a movie, and I have read All-Star Batman & Robin by Frank Miller.