Justice League

Did they film new footage for this (get actors back?) or is it whatever Wheddon chucked in the bin of Snyder’s filming plus some new CG

It’s either going to lead to calls of JL2 by Snyder when Darkseid is in it for 10 minutes to set up a sequel  or an amazing cluster fuck of mismatched CG and reaction shots of Cavil with different haircuts to try and tell a whole completed story finishing with Darkseid dying on the way back to his home planet.

Hopefully it will have footage of both Supe’s dads in dream sequences with Russel Crowe appearing as Maximus and Costner from Waterworld and at one point Superman morphs into Nicholas Cage from the test footage of the Kevin Smith movie.

Maybe Darksied rides a giant mechanical spider at the end which is taken from Wild, Wild, West with him superimposed over the top of Kenneth Branagh.

4 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

It’s either going to lead to calls of JL2 by Snyder when Darkseid is in it for 10 minutes to set up a sequel 

I was always led to believe because Zack Snyder doesn't understand the term "slow build" that Darkseid was the main villain of this movie. Or at least he was when the initial idea was to split this into two movies.

It's a bit like if at the end of Avengers they defeat Loki and then Thanos pops up and the movie goes on for another hour while they have a lengthy CG battle.

17 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

Did they film new footage for this (get actors back?) or is it whatever Wheddon chucked in the bin of Snyder’s filming plus some new CG

It’s either going to lead to calls of JL2 by Snyder when Darkseid is in it for 10 minutes to set up a sequel  or an amazing cluster fuck of mismatched CG and reaction shots of Cavil with different haircuts to try and tell a whole completed story finishing with Darkseid dying on the way back to his home planet.

Hopefully it will have footage of both Supe’s dads in dream sequences with Russel Crowe appearing as Maximus and Costner from Waterworld and at one point Superman morphs into Nicholas Cage from the test footage of the Kevin Smith movie.

Maybe Darksied rides a giant mechanical spider at the end which is taken from Wild, Wild, West with him superimposed over the top of Kenneth Branagh.

No new (live action) footage or reshoots, just whatever they found on the floor under the editing desk. Maybe some new terrible CGI.

11 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I was always led to believe because Zack Snyder doesn't understand the term "slow build" that Darkseid was the main villain of this movie. Or at least he was when the initial idea was to split this into two movies.

It's a bit like if at the end of Avengers they defeat Loki and then Thanos pops up and the movie goes on for another hour while they have a lengthy CG battle.

Zack Snyder's version of "slow build" to Darkseid is probably something along the lines of "I told you it was Darkseid in a tweet last year, now here he is".

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Or if you chucked Doomsday in the end of a film called Batman vs Superman that also introduced Lex Luthor as the main villian.

Maybe he was restrained in that one and originally Batman was going to fight everyone in Arkham for 5 minutes and Superman was going to have a 10 minute interlude where he poppoed into space to fight Braniac.

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

Can someone explain why Darkseid was then wasn't in this?

Part of it I think is wanting to get the movie length down. WB wanted it as 2 hours, Zack Snyder laughed. So when he went they brought in Joss Whedon who had to cut a lot of stuff in order to get the runtime down.

now we have a four hour tv series to look forward to. The main benefit of this approach being that you can’t buy hbo max in the UK so we needn’t have our beautiful^ memories of the released film sullied.

^ Did I get that right?

19 hours ago, Pete said:

Can someone explain why Darkseid was then wasn't in this?

It was originally supposed to be "Justice League Pt 1 & 2", then got cut down based to one movie on the backlash and box office fall of BvS

So it was supposed to be Steppenwolf in Pt 1, and then Darkseid in Pt 2, and I guess the effects for Pt 1 were the furthest along.

21 hours ago, footle said:

now we have a four hour tv series to look forward to. The main benefit of this approach being that you can’t buy hbo max in the UK so we needn’t have our beautiful^ memories of the released film sullied.

^ Did I get that right?

Any hint on where any of the HBO Max stuff goes in the UK? Is it too much to hope that it ends up on Sky Atlantic?

Sod taking valuable airtime away from possibly good shows, they should stick it on Movies4Men or one of those weird international channels you get when you go deep into the EPG.

On 25/08/2020 at 17:26, Gambit said:

Part of it I think is wanting to get the movie length down. WB wanted it as 2 hours, Zack Snyder laughed. So when he went they brought in Joss Whedon who had to cut a lot of stuff in order to get the runtime down.

It’s interesting that Wheddon left in or added what seemed like 20 minutes of that one random family running away from whatever the bad alien things were in the third act.

11 minutes ago, Ork1927 said:

It’s interesting that Wheddon left in or added what seemed like 20 minutes of that one random family running away from whatever the bad alien things were in the third act.

I'm going to guess that, much like the opening cellphone footage scene, he wanted to show Superman actually being heroic and saving people rather than letting buildings fall on them. Something severly lacking in Snyders Murderworld.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/08/2020 at 13:47, Ork1927 said:

the plasticine tentacles? fucking stopframe animation...

20 hours ago, RipePlums said:

Yeah I don't get this - they're getting people/crew/sets/VFX back to shoot MORE scenes? 

Someone clearly watched the workprint again and saw that they didn't actually have all the material required for the story. :lol: Plus, I'd imagine that a few of the existing scenes are dodgy in terms of coverage and performances. Reshoots are baked into the time for these big blockbusters now to fix glaring problems, but Snyder didn't have the opportunity to do any before he left the film IIRC, so the decision will have been made that there are too many issues with the existing footage to ignore. I wonder if there will be all-new scenes or just pick-ups. It will be fun when the Snyder Cut comes out to spot all the shots / scenes where the actors don't QUITE match up with their former selves in terms of look. It'll be the new 'Cavill Moustache Game'.

I have been enjoying Ashley Lynch's tweets about this today:

That prompted a stream of replies from Snyder fans, including one person (who, unusually, appears to be an MCU fan too!) who claimed Snyder is doing it not for money, but For The Art And The Crew And The Fans: