Justice League

7 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Terrible song choice for the trailer. 

I’d never paid particular attention to the lyrics before now. It took me too long to realise it wasn’t a new cover.

3 minutes ago, Broker said:

I can’t believe Hollywood found somebody worse than Uwe Boll. 

FTFY. ;)

For what it's worth, stupid song choice aside, I thought it looked alright...

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10172258

35 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

I mean if you watch it in 4 weekly instalments thats fine.

It looks like a completely different movie. He must have had so much filmed before he left the project.

Still looks like a CGI, colourless mess but I'm intrigued.

does this mean it won't have the plasticine tendril threat ending?

3 hours ago, ryodi said:

You guys just don't understand, this version is for grownups. 

"Your Saturday morning cartoons"... should I take that as a dismissal of the Batman, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, and The Brave and the Bold TV series? :(

Until now, I don't think I'd ever seen Snyder himself engaging in the sort of dismissive mocking that so many of his advocates get up to. Even in the Fandome "panel" event itself, he refrained from any sly digs at the theatrical cut. So siccing his followers on this one particular critic was not a very classy response.

As for the footage: not sure why it's in 4:3, or why it's set to a song that's already associated with a rather infamous scene in Snyder's filmography. I didn't see the leaked YouTube video @Commander Jameson posted earlier before it was deleted - was that presented the same way?

I'll still be curious to see it. But it'll be just that, a curiosity - it certainly won't be "the Snyder cut" as it would have existed if he had continued working on the film right up to its 2017 theatrical release.

The whole problem with these Snyder films and a lot of DCs stuff in general is that the people making them treat the comics and the animated films as being a lesser medium. You very rarely get the impression that they respect the source material. Going back to the release of Man of Steel the writers were doing interviews talking about how their version didn't have magic space rocks that made Superman weak  as they were basing it in reality. The comic writers realised 80 years ago that they needed magic space rocks because an invincible character is a bit dull. The MoS writers didn't pay heed to that lesson and ended up having to devote a bunch of time in the sequel to the invention of magic space rocks. But they were science rocks so I guess thats way better. 

A lot of the comics, especially the older titles which have aged like cheese in sunlight, are terrible. That doesn't mean you can't learn from them. 

Apart from turning into a colossal dick, Snyder appears to have abandoned any notion of how to frame a shot properly. 

"But it was shot in IMAX!" 

Aye, which is fine on a massive screen where your brain filters out certain parts and you concentrate on the center of the image, but it just looks fucking shit at home.

All that dead space at the top of the frame, makes me feel like Ray Fisher at a Joss Whedon signing. 

8 hours ago, Stigweard said:

This is meant to their Thanos right? He looks dreadful. Why is the CGI in these DC movies so pants. Looks like its from a game FMV.

Screenshot_20200822-230345_YouTube.jpg

Other way round, Thanos was a rip-off of Jack Kirby’s Darkseid.

3 hours ago, Charliemouse said:

Other way round, Thanos was a rip-off of Jack Kirby’s Darkseid.

Sorry, you misunderstood me, I meant with the films. Its meant to be the big big bad, yet Thanos looked amazing and Darkseid looks like he's from a game cutscene. 

8 hours ago, robotattack said:

Craig gets his long awaited starring role in a four part HBO miniseries about a bunch of strangers getting together for some good times.

This is difficult to comment on. He left the project for tragic personal reasons, but there is also a conversation that attributed that as a convenient excuse and he was actually let go earlier.

Yet more money was spent on this than any movie in history so we need to kick in the PR.

What Snyder went through is unimaginable and I try to use it as a framing device to apologise for a lot of his abhorrent outspoken comments.

but at a certain point we have to be allowed to call him an asshole for being an asshole.

21 hours ago, ryodi said:

You guys just don't understand, this version is for grownups. 

Matt Reeves also had his DC trailer leaked a few hours early, but his reaction was quite different:

How you can say your superhero film is for grownups with a straight face any day, let alone the day that Batman trailer came out is laughable.

The way this is shot looks like a fucking perfume advert.