rllmuk
toonfool

Justice League

That's surprising news. I'd assumed that the fact the Superman and Lois CW TV series was being produced was a sign that WB had no plans to bring back the character in movies in the near future.

On 22/05/2020 at 20:35, sandman said:

Poor old Snyder, he don’t half get a hard ride on here.

I would rate 2 of his films as 4/5 and one at 5/5

I think I’m going to set up a fan club for him. 

Which ones? I liked his Dawn of the Dead but other than that he's really only made terrible movies. 

• Upvote 1

apart from "the one change"*, his Watchmen adaption was pretty good. :blah:

* and I've not watched the version with Tales of the Black Freighter

Hmm. He might have been talking about the other one change: taking what was a hobson's choice of a option (kill 10,000 to save billions giving the reader the thought that they might have been following the wrong hero throughout) to a damn as crap Hollywood finale (kill tens of millions to save billions, cue evil maniacal teenage laugh of the direxxxtor). 

Although tbh I don't know whether to blame the script writers for that or Snyder. Snyder probably.  The film did look fabulous though.although arguably the best bit (the credits) were outsourced to another company. 

Caught this on netflix, it's the very definition of average. I think Affleck though is a great Batman and just about pulls the film up to something not actually bad. The main issue was the lack of character development, Cyborg's backstory was all tell don't show and I didn't care why he was sulking. Most of the dialogue was this:

"will you help us punch big cgi man?"

"no, I cannot, I am too sad about events in my past..." [knowing look to middle distance]

"I too have sad events in my past."

"just like me?! even though we are so different?! I will now come and punch things and be thrown at walls"

• Upvote 7

My god! That doesn’t look like a shite Snyder movie at all! Somehow his complete inability to write and hateful personal philosophy have evaporated!

Oh wait no it looks literally exactly the same as every other completely shit movie he’s ever put his shit name on so morons have something to stare at. 

• Upvote 4
  • Empathy 1

Darkseid is supposed to be Marvel's Thanos (although I think Darkseid came before), you wouldn't think it the way he's being shoehorned in here. It's like if in the original Avengers Loki spent three quarters of the film being the main villain only for Thanos to turn up with half an hour to go and start fighting everyone. Marvel spent multiple movies slowly teasing his arrival and then in Infinity War they gave so much time to his backstory it was practically his movie. This is the opposite.

But then Snyder has form with this type of storytelling, what with Doomsday popping up in similar fashion in BvS.

Just imagine if they had that sort of slow build storytelling in the DCEU. Say what you will about the CW Superhero shows, they spent 5 years building up to Crisis on Infinite Earths and it was a blast. They didn't rush it in a year.

• Upvote 3

1273001002631933952?s=20Someone said the only reason they could work out why they chose a character so unknown and nothing-going-for-him as Steppenwolf is he has a big horned helmet and halberd like weapon like Loki in Avengers.

I could see the execs operating on that level of ultra-safe cargo-culting tbh.

We grew up in a largely Beano Vs Dandy culture. If there was a local comic store that would allow me to grow up with the real thing I undoubtably would have.

I used my pocket money at the local newsagents and filled out the sticker book for the premier league 96. Haven’t watched a single match of football in my life, much less cared about the result.

It’s in the distant past. Maybe it would have been the same if I had access to DC or Marvel this or that, but I suspect not. There were so many cartoons!

No firm allegations yet but to do this means I expect they’ll come out soon. 

Whedon was already embroiled in scandal when the movie came out, to the point there were neither of the 2 directors on the red carpet.

Hard to find a movie that had so many things go wrong as this.

• Upvote 2

More has just come out about him openly trashing the work Snyder had done to the special effects team.

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

More has just come out about him openly trashing the work Snyder had done to the special effects team.

From what I can tell, that comes from Kevin Smith's comments in this livestream. In the clips below he breaks down the Fisher's tweet word-by-word, and he says that the "unprofessional" accusation could refer to what he heard from a VFX person who was on-set for both Snyder's principal photography and Whedon's reshoots:

The full thing is from 1:33:40 in this video (the discussion goes on for about 15 minutes afterwards):