Justice League

In terms of weird or "original" versions of some recent films, I'd much rather see the lord and Miller version of solo than the snyder cut of bvs because at least that might be funny. 

In fact for however much I don't think solo or rogue one were very good, they didn't actively ruin someone as iconic as superman with a load of Randian objectivist ballbags. Just imagine if snyder got to direct one of the new SW trilogy films, bullet dodged.

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, mdn2 said:

It's going to be worse than what we got. 

But how many of the vociferous ones will admit that? No matter what happens, to many people it will be better. They have to believe.

It sounds like this only really became a viable project under the current circumstances - nobody's doing any new shooting, so there's a lot of capacity for them to do post-production and editing work without bumping a more urgent bit of work.

I'm looking forward to seeing that, really. I'm very interested in what he had planned, and it's a complete win win for us either way.

In the unlikely event with all this extra time to dwell, and improve the shoddy cgi we get a better film, then win! Of course if it turns out shit as expected, then the snyder fans will have to stfu, and we can pretend it didn't exist.. 2nd win! 

Assuming that a four hour assembly cut is going to add up to four hours of movie/TV show seems like a bit of a stretch to me but I'm not a Visionary Director.

It'll be six 35 min shows apparently, with fx redos AND extra scenes being shot. The main mover behind it is to push HBO Max subs. I don't know the background behind the movie but wasn't the original recieved extremely poorly? With Snyder being dumped off the movie for Whedon? This sounds like at the very least it could improve on things so I'm interested to see how it turns out.

"It will be an entirely new thing, and, especially talking to those who have seen the released movie, a new experience apart from that movie," Zack Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter, noting that, to this day, he has not watched the version released in theaters.

"You probably saw one-fourth of what I did," the director notes, basing his judgment on what has been shared with him of Whedon's version.

Hmm. You would have thought that if you were going to agree to do a Special Cut of an existing moving that you may have taken the two hours to actually view what was released in the first place. 

Oh my god, I’m hyped. Man of Steel is definitely the worst movie I’ve ever seen, but around the sink coming off the wall in BvS I started to laugh. And it made me laugh the rest of the way through. Justice League was hilarious. I’m fully down for four hours of that garbage.

1 hour ago, gizmo1990 said:

It'll be six 35 min shows apparently, with fx redos AND extra scenes being shot. The main mover behind it is to push HBO Max subs. I don't know the background behind the movie but wasn't the original recieved extremely poorly? With Snyder being dumped off the movie for Whedon? This sounds like at the very least it could improve on things so I'm interested to see how it turns out.

Snyder wasn't dumped, he stepped down after his daughter died.

I still don't think theres a salvageable film there at all though. Can't wait for the rabid fanboys to either blindly refuse to accept it'll be shit or say that it isn't the 'true' Snyder cut.

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Oh my god, I’m hyped. Man of Steel is definitely the worst movie I’ve ever seen, but around the sink coming off the wall in BvS I started to laugh. And it made me laugh the rest of the way through. Justice League was hilarious. I’m fully down for four hours of that garbage.

That scene with the sink- I'm always fascinated by the black mould on the sink on the back of it where it would be stuck to the wall where it could not be cleaned. I keep asking myself- is that a real sink that they have sourced from abandoned place or has there been so much attention to detail about what an ancient sink in an abandoned building would be like that they have added fake black mould.

I’m just morbidly fascinated by a movie with that kind of attention to detail in the sets, with a director who indisputably has an eye for action, with an excellent cast, with amazing costumes and with some of the most iconic characters ever created could end up with a script that literally makes no sense and nobody involved in the production would notice. It’s literally lavishly expensive with world class everything, except the script which can’t even muster the coherence of the worst superman and Batman cartoons. I can not believe people are dumping another 30 million into the flaming pile of money that is Zack Snyder’s DCEU. It’s just such a magnificent failure. 

I hope this fails really badly and then WB announce they’re spending 50 million more editing all Snyder’s movies into one eight hour long suicide assistant. It’s the Boris Johnson of movie franchises, it just keeps failing it’s way upwards. 

Does anyone REALLY care about this cut? I kind of feel the online drum beat is about 10% genuine DC fans who are somehow convinced a better movie MUST exist, somewhere, and 90% Marvel fans and trolls on the windup trying to get Warner to waste even more cash on this car wreck. 

Basically, it’s the geek version of the ‘Release Brian’ scene from Monty Python’s Life of Brian. 

7 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

Does anyone REALLY care about this cut? I kind of feel the online drum beat is about 10% genuine DC fans who are somehow convinced a better movie MUST exist, somewhere, and 90% Marvel fans and trolls on the windup trying to get Warner to waste even more cash on this car wreck. 

Basically, it’s the geek version of the ‘Release Brian’ scene from Monty Python’s Life of Brian. 

I'll view it out of curiosity but I've no real yearning for it to exist. 

9 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

I think you underestimate how strongly the Snyder fans at places like r/dc_cinematic feel about this. There might not be as many of them as their vocalness makes it seem, but they really, genuinely feel it was an INJUSTICE that Snyder didn't finish the movie.

I think Marvel fans are more likely to openly make fun of the "Snyderbros" than pretend to be part of their campaign.

Nah man, it genuinely is all DC fans being mad fanatical, you only have to check Resetera or /r/DC_cinematic to see that.

The main thing I'm looking forwards to is the dawning realisation that the movie still sucks, but is now even longer.