rllmuk
toonfool

Justice League

45 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Lol. As if:

I think it can be argued that Snyder singlehandedly ruined Snyder's Justice League. Nothing that anyone could have done at this point, reshoots or no.

Is this the excuse the most fanatical DC fans are going to cling to now? Everything bad about the movie, any signs that it's underperforming, is all Whedon's fault? Is Trump a DC fan by any chance? :lol:

One of Trump's best mates is the chairman of Marvel so I guess he is likely one a fanboy for them.

DC fanboys are the fucking worst though, I can't understand how anyone who reads their comics can defend Synder's dreadful interpretation of the source material.  

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

She's like  Dolores Umbridge x100000. 

Plus she's voiced by Ed Asner in the Superman and Justice League Unlimited cartoons.

You know what? It's not as bad as it was made out to be, surprising. 

The Flash was actually good and even Cyborg, who from the trailers and promotional material looked appalling, was ok.

I didn't even spot the CGI ex-moustache on Superman, I was looking too.

I was also at home in bed 2h10m after it started, which is nice. 

• Upvote 3

I just don't get how DC have allowed the series to run riot with multiple bad movies. I guess if they're all making money that must be good enough reason for them. Such a shame as these characters deserve so much better.

This one doesn't sound as disastrous as some of the others and at least Wonder Woman's pretty decent I guess.

WW was pretty good until the final boss battle, which was an incoherent mess of CGI. Felt MCU in a good way for the most part until then, sort of like in the spirit of the first Captain America film.

I really thought for a moment they were going to make Wonder Woman have to defeat the chief baddy by inspiring all the solders to throw down their guns by not fighting back or something. And then he turned into a ridiculous flaming suit of armour with a booming voice.

• Upvote 5

I just heard about the scene where

Spoiler

the characters are chatting about how dying and coming back to life changes your personality like that’s a thing, to set up changing Superman’s character

which sounds amazing. 

• Upvote 1

I'm sure it's hyperbole, but Kermode saying "By comparison, Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin is a masterclass in coherence, in character development, in razor sharp storytelling" has me very excited for a hate watch tomorrow.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 3

This isn't THAT bad. It's incredibly messy though. And the guy playing the Flash is insufferable, a hideous mix of Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor and Sheldon Cooper. And the main baddy is generic as fuck. 

There are a few obvious reshoot scenes that seemed to be done on a tiny budget last week. It was nice and short too. 

I enjoyed a lot of it. Definitely could do with some kind more flow at the start, as it jumps around all over the places. But I liked the characters, and they’ve softened both Superman and Batman considerably to make them more likeable. 

It’s not as good as the first two thirds of a Wonder Woman, but better than the final act. 

I’d happily watch it again. 

3 hours ago, makkuwata said:

I'm sure it's hyperbole, but Kermode saying "By comparison, Joel Schumacher's Batman & Robin is a masterclass in coherence, in character development, in razor sharp storytelling" has me very excited for a hate watch tomorrow.

Ah.....the penny just dropped.

Explains why folk go and see renowned poor films, it's to join in with the hate fest.

That and feeling like they need to weigh in on a “cultural event” and need to have a clear perspective. 

I think Revenge of the Fallen killed my desire to ever do that again. 

• Upvote 1

Nah it’s more like I love some of these characters their important to me. Let’s see how fucking badly they have been handled.  At least then if it’s not a total horror show I get some enjoyment from it. 

You love the characters, therefore you pay the people who are using them to make shit films so that they can go and make more shit films...

• Upvote 8
  • Empathy 1

I just really like watching films and have very low standards from watching hundreds of low  budget horrors over the years.   

This isn't an fascinatingly awful failure like BvS, it's just a really messy, slightly below average film. 

4 hours ago, Mr Cochese said:

You love the characters, therefore you pay the people who are using them to make shit films so that they can go and make more shit films...

I know,  i hate myself. 

• Empathy 1

22 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

WW was pretty good until the final boss battle, which was an incoherent mess of CGI.

I thought as CGI superhero movie boss battles go, it's one of the easier ones to follow.

The marketing for these films is amazing if it convinces people to go even though they know they’re not going to like it. 

• Upvote 2

I think sometimes a sheer volume of advertising is enough to convince people that it’s the movie they “should see” if they’re going to the pictured in a particular month. That’s what I tell myself when I think about the Transformers franchise anyway.  

• Upvote 2

1. It's bad. 

2. It's nowhere as bad as the horror that is Batman and Robin.

3. Kermode is, as ever, talking out of his arse. 

4. That Joss Whedon tweet thing is absurd; many people, like me, use the 'like' function as a bookmark tool. Just because he 'liked' a tweet doesn't mean he agrees with the tweet. 

5. The editing of this film is a mess. 

6. The screenplay is all over the place. The opening scene on the rooftops has some of the most lumpen, awful, expository dialogue I've heard in years. It's Suicide Squad bad. 

7. The score is terrible. 

8. Wonder Woman is absolutely terrific. 

9. The first half is very, very dull and makes little sense. 

10. The last half hour is fine. 

3 hours ago, BlinkyBear said:

3. Kermode is, as ever, talking out of his arse. 

(....)

5. The editing of this film is a mess. 

6. The screenplay is all over the place. The opening scene on the rooftops has some of the most lumpen, awful, expository dialogue I've heard in years. It's Suicide Squad bad. 

9. The first half is very, very dull and makes little sense. 

Sounds like you're agreeing with Kermode actually. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Sounds like you're agreeing with Kermode actually. 

Ha, really!? I haven't listened yet and just saw the quote about it being essentially worse than Batman and Robin. Which, again, it definitely isn't. 

It's not very good though. But I think I enjoyed it more than BvS. 

4DX is shit though. Wont be doing that again. 

Fuckin ell, 4DX. Basically William Castle levels of gimmicky shit. What's next, blokes twatting you in the face in sync with the action? 

Saw this today, was surprised to find it not terrible. Don't get me wrong, it's not good by any objective measure, but as a course correction it's serviceable. Mostly because it begins to unfuck what it fucked with its marquee characters in the last film.