rllmuk
toonfool

Justice League

Those topless shots of superheroes, and magazines like men's health, set unhealthy body images for young, impressionable men, particularly when you hear the stars talking about the months of hell they go through to achieve that look, but to argue that is in any way the same thing as the issues with overly sexualizing women is, to be frank, bloody daft. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Why does aquaman sound like a massive douchebag in the trailer?

Is that a legit character trait, or a sign of horrible writing?

He can be quite arrogant in the comics, but I would never say he has ever been portrayed as a douchebag though.

Though they seem to have messed up The Flash to an even greater extant, just looking at that awful costume they have made him wear, pisses me off.

• Downvote 1

This film is on a hiding to nothing but will be interested in seeing what the reviewers say.

I like Man Of Steel and even thought Batman v Superman was ok, (apart from the Martha rubbish) but may go and watch JL.

Anyone going to see this?

Hey, you know in the trailer where you see the side, slow-mo of The Flash running......is he throwing something or does he fling his arms forward like that when he runs?

Looks a bit daft.

27 minutes ago, Pug said:

Anyone going to see this?

Being kicked out our flat on Saturday due to the missus having mates over to prep fancy dress costumes. It’s not a quote to put on the poster, but I fancy two hours of Justice League will just about be preferable to a dozen ladies squawking about crepe paper and glitter.

I'll probably leave work early on Friday to watch it alone and get it out of my system, then watch it with friends on Saturday night to judge it  through a lens of youtubers criticism.

They knew what they were doing. They knew they could put out anything and people like me would pay for it twice anyway. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pug said:

So that's two reluctant viewers. Anyone actually want to see this?

I've got an Odeon Unlimited card too, my daughter is up this weekend, she might want to see it 

• Upvote 1

I guess. :)

I'm just a bit bewildered by the amount of people that spend money and time to watch a film universally condemned by their peers and then moan that it was shit.

Hopefully there's some enjoyment for DC fans in this.

I haven't liked any of the trailers or pr material for this. So I'll be avoiding it in the cinema, batman v superman really pissed me off. 

I enjoyed wonder woman. But this is another Zack Snyder flick mixed with Josh Weadon reshoots. Think it's going to be an orange dark mess.

9 hours ago, Pug said:

I guess. :)

I'm just a bit bewildered by the amount of people that spend money and time to watch a film universally condemned by their peers and then moan that it was shit.

Hopefully there's some enjoyment for DC fans in this.

I always enjoy the experience of going to the cinema regardless, and prefer to see a film to make up my own mind. If a film turns out to be a dud, c’est la vie.

Admittedly wasn’t going to rush out for this one, but Wonder Woman was decent, so who knows, maybe WB are finally getting their act together with these. At least it can’t be as bad as BvS and Suicide Squad... can it?

3 hours ago, glb said:

I always enjoy the experience of going to the cinema regardless, and prefer to see a film to make up my own mind. If a film turns out to be a dud, c’est la vie.

Admittedly wasn’t going to rush out for this one, but Wonder Woman was decent, so who knows, maybe WB are finally getting their act together with these. At least it can’t be as bad as BvS and Suicide Squad... can it?

It’s the creative team behind BvS in full reverse so it probably could be.

Early reviews are slowly coming in. Basic consensus seems to be its no Wonder Woman, but neither is it Batman v Superman. It’s perfectly adequate comic book fare apparently.

Well, apart from the one that got posted while I was typing this. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Eighthours said:

I'm going to see this. I didn't think that BvS was anywhere near as bad as most people thought it was.

You're one of history's greatest monsters. You and Hitler. Those are the big two.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Broker said:

It’s the creative team behind BvS in full reverse so it probably could be.

True. Although when I typed that I imagined a film worse than BvS and remembered I've seen much, much worse. Like, The Circle. That's a film that makes you want to punch yourself in the face until your so concussed you don't even have to forget watching it.

In place of disaster, Justice League is a largely bland, forgettable affair that has nice moments scattered throughout and the promise of a better tomorrow, but outside of Wonder Woman, that’s all the DCEU ever really offers: the promise that the next movie will be better.

Yes, it is promising that there’s a lighter tone and the film isn’t terrified of humor like Batman v Superman, but that only works in the hope that the next movie might work. Instead of being a triumphant story where your favorite DC superheroes get to shine in a thrilling adventure, Justice League is a film that’s both cleaning up what came before and laying track for what comes next. Existing on its own merits, the movie has little time for character development and too much retooling to tell a layered story.

So Justice League leaves you hoping for next time. Did you like the brief trip to Atlantis? Wait until you see Aquaman. Did you like Wonder Woman taking on a leadership role? Wonder Woman 2 arrives November 2019. Did you laugh at all of Flash’s lines? Well there might be a Flashpoint movie down the road. Next time we’ll get it right. Next time we’ll be hopeful enough. Next time you’ll care about the villain. Next time you’ll get a Justice League that will really knock your socks off, but thanks acknowledging that at least this one isn’t as bad as Batman v Superman. The only thing that “saves” Justice League is a low bar and more promises.

II 'll bet, it's going to be big opening CGI opening, followed by exposition/introductions, a low point for the team and a big, horrible mess of a battle at the end.

Glad that brave,  fellow forumites are stepping up to the plate and seeing this in my stead.