Bye Bye Sky One

Spartan

Well I've only just caught onto this Sky/VM battle now, I just tried Sky One and was faced with Virgin Central 2 - which was playing an advert about the channel on repeat, great.

I do watch Sky One a few times a week, so does my girlfriend, though I think she'll be more bothered than I am.

But to be honest, the only reason I went with Telewest over Freeview was for the Sky Channels. So now what is the actual difference from the VM basic package and the Freeview channels?

Obviously I'm not complaining about VM upgrading the BB speeds, but this TV war is ridiculous. What's more is my box still hasn't been upgraded so I'm still running on the Telewest software only without the Sky channels, so I've not gained anything. I can't watch On Demand and pretend it's better than Sky One because I can't access it.

"Don't worry if it hasn't been switched over to VW yet, it will be..." blah blah blah

If there are no great differences between VM basic and Freeview then I may aswell go to the shop and get a box for £20 and keep the VM BB. :blink:

Although I did notice today that I now have Paramount 1, something I did miss having from when I had Sky in my last place.

/edit

I just looked on the VM site and I think I'm on the L TV package, but then why am I seeing Paramount 1 and E! - they are supposedly only on XL? I only mention those as they are the only ones I've noticed so far. I'm totally confused as to what I have, I'm sure I'm paying £20pm for BB and TV, which suggests that I have the L package.

I phoned up virgin to ask about canceling my contract. £210 the ruddy wankers.cheers branson for buying out ntl.i can now miss out on the only good stuff on tv.balls to your cunt faced repeats only on demand bullshit.for what im paying i demand what is on fucking demand! Lost you bearded twat

I phoned up Telewest to complain on the off-chance that they would give me some sort of compensation, even though I don't particularly care about the Sky channels. They made several offers and in the end I took one that gives me a cheap deal over the next few months that adds up to over £100.

If you're a Telewest customer, phone up and demand to know how they're going to compensate you for the loss of your favourite channel / the fact the package you're on is now worse than it was. You might be surprised what they're prepared to give you.

So am I right in thinking that this sunday I will be able to watch the next episode of Lost through channel 120/the choose you programme channel? Lost is the only thing I'm bothered about losing really.

Obviously I'm not complaining about VM upgrading the BB speeds, but this TV war is ridiculous. What's more is my box still hasn't been upgraded so I'm still running on the Telewest software only without the Sky channels, so I've not gained anything. I can't watch On Demand and pretend it's better than Sky One because I can't access it.

There's no reason a Telewest customer without the VM upgrade shouldn't be able to access the On Demand stuff. If you can't you've got a fault, and it's not going to get fixed unless you report it.

What a disaster for Virgin, one month into their new re-branded image and they are now mostly known for missing channels and childish name calling (sky snooze FFS, probably mildly funny if I wasn't given Virgin so much money each month).

Personally I've had enough, I was already pissed off that Virgin/Telewest didn't get any of the HD channels I was told were on there way when I signed up for their HD box. I've got 6 months left on my TVDrive contract that I'll see out and then just get a hard drive freeview box ans the easy series recording from the telly schedule is the only benefit I've used a lot.

Virgin have fucked up big time and are in for a shock if they think channel 119 will save them.

So am I right in thinking that this sunday I will be able to watch the next episode of Lost through channel 120/the choose you programme channel? Lost is the only thing I'm bothered about losing really.

No. You won't be able to see Lost until August/September time on Virgin.

Personally I've had enough, I was already pissed off that Virgin/Telewest didn't get any of the HD channels I was told were on there way when I signed up for their HD box.

Yes. When I signed up there were two HD test channels. I thought that was bad. Now one of those has disappeared and we're left with one HD test channels. No real channels at all.

It's all a bit rubbish.

Isn't the reason that there's only one HD test channel on Virgin down to the fact that Sky refused to sell them rights to any of their HD channels?

Sky offered Virgin their HD channels as part of the most recent deal. Virgin said no.

Sky offered Virgin their HD channels as part of the most recent deal. Virgin said no.

My understanding of it was that Sky offered to start negotiating on a deal for the HD channels if Virgin accepted the new deal for the basic channels.

Up to that point they had refused to negotiate.

What's on Living that's so important?

They've just started repeating The X-Files from the start.

Although I did notice today that I now have Paramount 1, something I did miss having from when I had Sky in my last place.

Ooh, we've now got that as well! Hopefully they're still showing Cheers constantly! :)