rundll

Photography Equipment & Software Thread

I did the Molecomb corner grandstand years ago, and yes a telephoto does help, but be aware that being a temporary stand means a lot of supports and PA system stuff in the way.

I just don't think the Festival is the sort of event that needs a top end zoom lens. The Revival will pay back with far more, the circuit is open, has plenty of good vantage points and would reward the investment. 

The closeness of Fos means you're going to be lugging round a big old lens for maybe a dozen good shots. I'd be paranoid about damaging a hire lens in that environment, all those elbows out "professionals".

It sounds like i'm trying to put you off doesn't it .. i'm not :) honestly 

You're probably right.  I've got Canon's entry level 55-250mm lens (this one) so that'll probably be fine as long as it's bright enough.  I'm fairly sure the limiting factor on my photography is still me rather than the glass anyway :)

I've decided to take a little break from digital and switch over to 35mm. I've just bought a Minolta XD-7 SLR and I'm really enjoying shooting on film, very satisfying. Quick question for the celluloid guys here; what happens if I switch ASA mid-roll? For example, if I'm shooting on ASA100 film and I decide to push the ASA up to 200 for one shot before switching back, will that affect the rest of my photos? Just curious about what the effects are and why!

24 minutes ago, Scratchy Bollock said:

I've decided to take a little break from digital and switch over to 35mm. I've just bought a Minolta XD-7 SLR and I'm really enjoying shooting on film, very satisfying. Quick question for the celluloid guys here; what happens if I switch ASA mid-roll? For example, if I'm shooting on ASA100 film and I decide to push the ASA up to 200 for one shot before switching back, will that affect the rest of my photos? Just curious about what the effects are and why!

Nope, won't effect the rest of your photos. You've under exposed one stop on a shot, most films have a latitude that allows this.

• Upvote 1