rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

Ikaruga fighter WIP

Guest nicolasbol

OMG !

This has to be the most beautiful Ikaruga 3D model I ever so !

I'm a noob in the Modeling world and you are probably going to laugh in my face but....are you planning to release this ? Are you planning to sell it ?

I'm currently working on a 3D shot'em up and this is the model I am using:

Mykaruga.png

(I did an other shot'em up before:

Prototyp.png

I would love to use your model ...

Your model looks fine to me. You really don't need anything flash in a shooter where the craft is usually about 10 pixels across. My model is 200,000 polys, which would probably kill even the best 3D engine out there. It's been made purely for high-end render/animation purposes.

Releasing it? Um, i'll probably pimp it about a bit if I can be bothered. Sell it? Nah. It's for portfolio purposes mainly.

Your model looks fine to me. You really don't need anything flash in a shooter where the craft is usually about 10 pixels across. My model is 200,000 polys, which would probably kill even the best 3D engine out there. It's been made purely for high-end render/animation purposes.

Releasing it? Um, i'll probably pimp it about a bit if I can be bothered. Sell it? Nah. It's for portfolio purposes mainly.

You could be a bit more sincere. Just cos he's got a better model than you :unsure: .

Guest nicolasbol

200,000 : Ouch, no way I can use this indeed. I could tessellate it tough.

Mine has something like 1418 faces. I think I'm just going to pimp it a little bit and try to add textures.

I'll keep checking this thread, I'm curious about how far you will push this thing :) !

I'm using mikashape3D but it's not really handy, what would you guys recommend for texture drawing ? I was thinking of maya....

Thanks.

Well yeah, I will at some point. It's just, i'm going to Malta soon, and I need some mega-fantastic renders to take with me for a job interview. I'm just not sure how to go about sorting a decent background/lighting scenario. Those clouds look really simple, but they took quite a while to render which is annoying. Not sure it really works.

The background is a distraction from the model and the tint obscures the materials/textures. I would say either don't have a background at all if you can avoid it or some up with something very minimal indeed.

Perhaps you can get a nice render using a HDR environment map or similar technique? I assume it's a modeling job? So show you can model.

if it's anything like the 3d work at my office, you'll need to know about CAD - most likely AutoCAD. our guys get drawings - plans and sections from the architects, work them up in Microstation then do the finer detail and renders in Max.

Would be nice to see it up against one of those lovely dirty orange skies that you see in the concept art. The background could just be a matte painting, I don't think you need to render off lots of clouds.

nengajo.jpgposter01.jpg

It would also be cool to see the model in a more dynamic perspective, perhaps if it was starting in the bottom right corner pointing towards the top left with a smaller FOV.

Yeah, i've had a crack at creating a dirty orange sky, but it didn't work too well. I'd have to change the reflection too, which i'll do at some point. I'm just trying to get a nice blue sky version at the moment. It must be possible to have it look good. :lol:

I've decided to focus on getting some decent renders with plain backgrounds from various angles. Just something i'm happy to show off at this interview. I'll try to knock out some sort of diorama thing at a later date.

This is with HDRI... the light probably needs toning down a little actually. The shadow is weak too. Gunna look into that.

IkarugaRENDER07.jpg

The 'sword' has an ambient colour map on it, so it looks a bit more orange at the tip. I thought it was kinda interesting. :)