rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

Ikaruga fighter WIP

can you sort out a 'jokey' black flame patterned one when you're done dude? also, are you just working on the wings atm? it looks good to me, would be nice to see it all in context.

or a "tribal" one... :wub:

I'm going back to the previous bits now to make them as shiny/reflective as that gun because it really looks the biz. I'm going in circles. :lol:

It's pretty easy going though (apart from the strain on my PC) because the basic textures are all in place...well, bar a couple.

Well, i'm definitely planning to create an opposite polarity version, i.e. wings/cockpit in black, orange patterns. That shouldn't take long at all in photoshop. As for other designs, i'll probaby have a crack. :lol:

Thinking about it, I could quite easily post up the UV sets for wings here, and if people want, they can fill them in, give them back to me, and i'll render it for them. Could be interesting.

Orange and black version = awesome! can't wait (hurry up damn it! :lol:)

Thinking about it, I could quite easily post up the UV sets for wings here, and if people want, they can fill them in, give them back to me, and i'll render it for them. Could be interesting.

Edit: I'd be up for that :lol:.

shit

Only joking! you know ikuroaaga or whatever is coming out next month on xbox live? You could have it finished in time with that and then everyone will be all hyper about ikuroaaga again and then if you pimp this out it could spread quite a lot. I think you could even get a mention on kotaku.

thats looking really nice, i could tell immediately you were referencing from the model kit :(

must admit I prefer the clean version, I never like scuffs n' stuff

I need to get back into max, I have a half finished cop mech I need to get completed.

Do you have the model? Did you manage to make a good job of it? I found it bloody difficult... doesn't look half as good as the picture on hobbyfan. I'm 99% sure that isn't the kit they're displaying, but the original (diecast?) model. :(

I quite like the clean version too actually... I might make scathed and unscathed versions. It's just a case of unticking a few layers.

Get your mech up on here sometime, sounds good.