rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

Ikaruga fighter WIP

Sorry, for the late reply, i've been away for the weekend. Thanks for the comments everyone, it's really encouraging. I hope it'll turn up lots in the 'X-month desktops' threads. ;)

Will get back to work now. :blink:

ikaruga20.jpg

What do people think of the copper bits? I think that's the proper colours, but i'm willing to do my own thing if it looks shite. I'm uncertain at this point. The 'sword' will be of the same material, so it should help it tie in. We'll see I guess...

So far I dislike the copper bits, seems 'off'. Don't know if they are on the original ingame fighters though.

Fantastic work btw, been lurking for quite a while. Can't wait to see the final piece :)

I can't see it properly on the model kit (it may be the flash) so I'll take your word that it's copper. It looks more like a lighter version of the underside of the plating on the photo. Regardless I think it clashes a little too much.

At first glance, it does stand out a lot - but I actually think it could look really cool. Especially if the sword goes with it. It probably also stands out a lot at the moment because it's so clean and neat compared to everything around it. It also joins up in my mind because the colour on the body is similar to that of oxidised copper, and I like little links of naturally occuring colours like that :)

I can't see it properly on the model kit (it may be the flash) so I'll take your word that it's copper. It looks more like a lighter version of the underside of the plating on the photo. Regardless I think it clashes a little too much.

Heh, well it's my model kit, painted by me, so that's nothing to go on. On the model, the copper bit on the wing is actually painted white. I'd like to change it but i'm afraid it would fall apart if I tried to adjust anything. It's very delicate.

As far as 'the real thing' goes. It's impossible to tell for sure in game, and the concept art is pretty inconsistent. I think there's some orange on the wings. It's just hard to tell where.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. If it's no good, it's no problem to switch back. Just trying stuff out. :)

I think i'll change it back actually. I'm just trying to mix it up a bit - i'm a bit concerned about it being a big lump of monotone metal. I guess i'll be adding points of interest in the form of damage though... it should be ok. :)

Btw, if you do a google image search for Ikaruga, a couple of my early renders come up on the first page. How do things end up on google image search? Why those two pics, and not the later ones? I'm guessing it's a matter of time.

'Jokey' black flame one? What you're saying is you don't like the blue eh? Just come out and say it, damn you man! :D

Anyway, sure, I can put whatever you freaks want on the wings... a photo of your loved one...a huge walrus with a bucket...anything. ;)

Just combing over my textures getting it all rendering nicely. Have patience my friend. :wub: