rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Number 28

Ikaruga fighter WIP

WELL DONE! etc

Forgot to say the other night,

take your highlights/edges from your spec map and put them in your diffuse and lower the opacity. Have it only around 5-20%. This is one easy step you can take that I think will boost the metal look.

I might correct those shadows ya know... they're leaping out at me now. Bear with me... can't have my stuff out there in such a shoddy condition. The fourth one is pants too, let's be honest. :(

Edit: Lo-res shadow problem corrected in image 2. Phew, weight off my mind. :P

Just cos i'm bored, here's a screengrab from Maya. You can't see the spec and bump maps, so it looks a little bland and basic, but you can see how i'm getting on... very slowly. :angry:

ikaruga16.jpg

The painted parts of the wings need a lot more work btw... a little less random dirt, and a lot more huge dents and scratches. I'll get back to that at a later date though, so i'm not stuck on them forever.

I have been working on this since my last post. I'm just waiting till i've finished the last couple textures before I bother to put anything up.

In the meantime though, I got hold of a nice camera, so I took some pics best I could of my Ikaruga model. As you can see it's not half as good as the picture on the hobbyfan website. I'd say it was impossible to get it looking that good, and the model on there is the original diecast version. Tsk.

DSCF2741.JPG

DSCF2742.JPG

DSCF2746.JPG

DSCF2743.JPG

DSCF2749.JPG

You can actually see holes in some parts, where bubbles have got into the mould. D'oh. :wub:

Heh, I knew someone might. Thanks, it was a nightmare to construct and paint. If anyone else here has got one i'd be interested in their results.

Edit: Oops, one of those pics was 4mb. Slipped through the resize net. Sorted now. :D