Heatseeker

Robo_1

Been keeping half an eye on this, and I think it's only just hit how potentially fantastic this game could work on the Wii. There's some nice trailers up at: gametrailers, and it's got a street date of 23/03.

Visually the game looks to be finally lifting the Wii above the Cube, with the clip showing the battleship firing everything at you being particularly striking.

Has anyone heard anything more about it or even played it, as it looks set to be the first Codemasters game I've bought since Steg The Slug :rolleyes:

Looks alright I suppose!

you have to question why there's no 360 or PS3 version though.

Ps2... PSP ... and....Wii

does the Wii deserve this?

Maybe dev costs? i dont know really. I have no imagination so how do people think the Wiimote will be used?

I hope this is a trend of games being developed we know nothing about and then all of a sudeen they appear. It looks ok, something different i suppose.

Looks alright I suppose!

you have to question why there's no 360 or PS3 version though.

Ps2... PSP ... and....Wii

does the Wii deserve this?

I think with the Wii's graphical grunt being closer to PS2 than PS3 or 360, we'll see a lot of publishers seeing the PS2/Wii release as where the real money is at.

This does look - visually - good though.

With my codemasters hat on, I should point out that the footage in those trailers (Overview and Impact Cam) is from the PS2 version.

The Wii version looks even nicer.

in what way?

how does it play?

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how this controls... I'm imagining using the wiimote to pick out targets to lock onto.

bascially, RJ's right- the Wii version looks generally sharper and the system allows for more particle effects like smoke and explosions.

It's hard to explain just how the game controls on Wii, but there's a video coming very soon that'll show exactly that.

• 2 weeks later...

They only open in a small window.

I'm not really sure which version I'm looking at, the smoke and explosion effects aren't great, but it could be the PSP instead of the Wii.

Edit: Just seen the Wii video, explosions and that look better, I hope that music isn't in the game.

It seems as if you don't aim with the Wiimote, just use the nunchuck to orientate your plane towards the enemy and auto-target takes care of the rest, though it's hard to tell with the weird method they use for showing both - just use a boxout for gods' sake.

• 4 weeks later...

On the Ps2 Its pretty much Ace Combat - but adds action shots (sometimes) when you fire missles at planes.

Its not bad...nice to play something as compentent as Ace Combat, but slightly different.

Its also got 60hz support on PAL.

Apparently nukes make an appearence (well....apparently its Burnout with Nukes!)