IGNORED

Okami - Headed to PS4, XB1 & PC!

Landshead

ah - I remember now - I was to find some dog things... I've found all of them in Kusa Village but had to find some outside... one is behind the big castle thing. How do I know where the other two are... are they the wee 'x's marked on my map? See... this is what happens when you buy too many games and not enough time to dedicate to them...I want to get back into this game as I'm right up for a game like it just now and it is, of course, lovely...

I thought so, but I couldn't remember seeing a dog there... But there's 5 in the village, and 3 outside. Yeah, makes sense. Man, this game should be half the length...way too much faffing around. :lol:

No way, man. It's like three amazing games in one. Best game ever fucking made.

I'm playing it for the first time on the Wii. It's often a bit of a blurry mess, the Waggle is very poorly implemented, and the brush techniques often completely fuck up, but apart from that this is clearly one of the best games ever.

It's the perfect antidote for anyone feeling a bit fed up after Zelda TP.

re: the graphics, I had the same problem with the PS2 version - I found it hard to work a place out and understand what was going on... the Wii version is sharper than the PS2 and is 16:9, but I think I prefer the more watercolour look of the PS2 version, but the waggle for combat is really annoying... why can't I just use the 'A' button FFS?!

The perfect version of Okami is somewhere in between tbh.

It does rip off Zelda just a *bit* much though - but it's been so long since I played TP now that I've forgotten.

It's more of an explorer type game - doesn't really have the same extent of puzzling going on, at least so far.

re: the graphics, I had the same problem with the PS2 version - I found it hard to work a place out and understand what was going on... the Wii version is sharper than the PS2 and is 16:9, but I think I prefer the more watercolour look of the PS2 version, but the waggle for combat is really annoying... why can't I just use the 'A' button FFS?!

The perfect version of Okami is somewhere in between tbh.

It does rip off Zelda just a *bit* much though - but it's been so long since I played TP now that I've forgotten.

It's more of an explorer type game - doesn't really have the same extent of puzzling going on, at least so far.

This is all twaddle. For anyone who hasn't played this yet - make sure you get the superior PS2 version, if you have a PS2. Clover had nothing to do with the Wii version, and it shows. Also, I'd like to know how this game is supposed to be a rip-off of Twilight Princess when Okami came out first.

This is all twaddle. For anyone who hasn't played this yet - make sure you get the superior PS2 version, if you have a PS2. Clover had nothing to do with the Wii version, and it shows. Also, I'd like to know how this game is supposed to be a rip-off of Twilight Princess when Okami came out first.

oh for goodness sake bcass...

Just because you keep repeating the same old shit, doesn't make it anymore true. Seriously "The perfect version of Okami is somewhere in between tbh." - what a load of old bollocks. And exactly how is Okami a rip-off of Twilight Princess when Okami came out 7 months before TP?

I ought to give this another bash some day. I was playing it on the wii and got seriously annoyed with the squeaky gobbledygook language spoken by all the npcs. Vague recollections of getting to a bit where I managed by some convoluted shenanaggins to get a local fighter bloke/strong man/samurai geezer (did I have to wake him up?) to blow up an obstruction blocking the path out of the village. Anyhoo I didn't play any further than that....

Just because you keep repeating the same old shit, doesn't make it anymore true. Seriously "The perfect version of Okami is somewhere in between tbh." - what a load of old bollocks.

so you'd rather 4:3 than 16:9 then?

the waggle is better suited to the brush than the stick - although it's not as nicely implemented as it could (see max and the magic marker for better on screen drawing...)

seriously bcass - lighten up and enjoy some games for once eh?

I ought to give this another bash some day. I was playing it on the wii and got seriously annoyed with the squeaky gobbledygook language spoken by all the npcs. Vague recollections of getting to a bit where I managed by some convoluted shenanaggins to get a local fighter bloke/strong man/samurai geezer (did I have to wake him up?) to blow up an obstruction blocking the path out of the village. Anyhoo I didn't play any further than that....

the language is really really annoying... most of the time you can skip it though.

The waggle in the Wii version is attrocious. A real deal-breaker if you've played the PS2 version. Missing out a large chunk of the end sequence in the Wii version is also a huge loss. Oh, and you're greatly over-exagerating the language sounds. If they'd been in a nintendo game you wouldn't think twice about them.

I never really got why the 4:3 ratio or stick based control of the celestial brush are even remotely a deal breaker. I never once thought while I was playing it "Got, I wish this was widescreen" or "Wow, it'd be perfect on the Wii". I just thought "Fuuuuuck! This game is amazing!" and played through. Twice.

The waggle in the Wii version is attrocious. A real deal-breaker if you've played the PS2 version. Missing out a large chunk of the end sequence in the Wii version is also a huge loss. Oh, and you're greatly over-exagerating the language sounds.

I have played, and in fact, own - the PS2 version.

and no - the language stuff is a pest and it would be better if there was no sound.

the game isn't pefect - I'm very much enjoying it, even on the Wii... sorry if that offends you

the ideal version of the game would have the camera and combat controls of the PS2 version with the 16:9 and brush controls of the wii version (but improved)

the ideal version of this game would be on the PS3 using the sony waggle-wand

I love who bcass has turned a 'I'm really enjoying Okami' into a WiiLOL

AGAIN

Your drivel post was so obnoxiously pro-nintendo, it's impossible to separate the two. And you still haven't exaplained how Okami was a rip-off of TP when Okami was released 7 months before TP.

I never really got why the 4:3 ratio or stick based control of the celestial brush are even remotely a deal breaker. I never once thought while I was playing it "Got, I wish this was widescreen" or "Wow, it'd be perfect on the Wii". I just thought "Fuuuuuck! This game is amazing!" and played through. Twice.

It could have been better on the Wii, but sadly, it was a rush job, and it turned out to be worse. Still a great game, but people should play the game the way Clover intended rather than this bastardised version which has been edited, had graphical glitches introduced and had waggle tacked-on in the worst way possible.

WHO CARES IT'S STILL OKAMI WITH A FEW NIGGLES AND THAT SHITTY PANORAMIC OR WHATEVER IT'S CALLED WIDESCREEN MODE THAT ALL WII GAMES HAVE LOWERING THE RESOLUTION IN A WEIRD WAY WITH SHITTY WAGGLE AND THE ENDING BUTCHERED IT'S STILL OKAMI

yes - with TP being the last big Zelda game I played.

I thought you played Spirit Tracks.

I think it's fair to say that Okami is very much influenced by Zelda, but since you mentioned TP in the same sentence it's very easy to draw the conclusion that you were implying Okami was a TP rip-off.