Playstation 3 disk drive buggered...

magic juan

Don't know if anyone can help here?

We just had a PS3 brought back to our office from the US so we can well, try it out and what have you. Anyway, plugged it in, set up the various user what-not and stuck in a game.

Nothing.

Tried second game.

Nothing.

Tried CD's and PS2 games.

Nothing.

Not the most auspicious start to the debate over the longevity of Sony's new hardware. So that aside, anyone know of ANYWHERE in the UK that might be a good place to take a DOA US Playstation 3?

Meh.

Ebay?

Or wait until the UK release, then try blagging a repair from Sony. If the PS3 is anything like the PSP, they won't have a clue which were bought overseas (as anyone who used their JP/US PSP serial number to get a copy of the 'apology' for waiting for the EU release - Spiderman 2 - will tell you).

Don't know if anyone can help here?

We just had a PS3 brought back to our office from the US so we can well, try it out and what have you. Anyway, plugged it in, set up the various user what-not and stuck in a game.

Nothing.

Tried second game.

Nothing.

Tried CD's and PS2 games.

Nothing.

Not the most auspicious start to the debate over the longevity of Sony's new hardware. So that aside, anyone know of ANYWHERE in the UK that might be a good place to take a DOA US Playstation 3?

Meh.

Make one of those hilarious videos where you smash it up in front of a queue. If there is a queue.

I'm not sure how wise it is to put fragile electronic equipment in the cargo hold of a passenger plane.

Baggage handlers are not know for their careful handling of bags, even those marked fragile.

Like I said, the Wii came through OK.

It's far too big and heavy for hand luggage, so no choice.

You didn't use the word 'pathetic' enough. I mean Jesus, this is a PS3 thread.

Sorry,

The only other problem disk drive I've heard of was a pathetic case where the pathetic PS3's pathetic drive couldn't actually pull the pathetic blu-ray disks in all the way and just sat there pathetically nibbling at them in a vain attempt to get them in the pathetic slot.

Sorry,

The only other problem disk drive I've heard of was a pathetic case where the pathetic PS3's pathetic drive couldn't actually pull the pathetic blu-ray disks in all the way and just sat there pathetically nibbling at them in a vain attempt to get them in the pathetic slot.

Pathetic.

expanding on what linkster has said, here are a few examples of what i've carried over in my suitcase with no damage what so ever.

Suitcase:

PS1 - check

PS2 - check

N64 - Check

Sony DVD player with 5 satellite speakers and a sub - check

(had to pay excess baggage allowance for the speaker stands though :) )

Hand Luggage:

Mid-Tower PC - check (this only just fit the maximum allowed dimensions!)

Stereo System from Japan - check (speakers in suitcase)

obviously i would be screwed if caught :)