F1: Championship Edition

BBBBBB

Thats what happens when the reviewer doesnt like (or really dislikes) the subject matter. If i was asked to review a cricket game for instance, no matter how good it was i wouldnt get half as much out of it as someone who is (even slightly) into cricket. No doubt that would be reflected in the score.

I only hope that it sells well enough to justify an 07 update.

...you should all write to Edge and tell them just how wrong they got it ;)

Why the concern? Were you on the dev team? (serious question, not taking the mickey)

F1 on PS3 is a seriously bloody good game if you give it a chance. Maybe not quite a correct comparison, but for me it's the Ninja Gaiden of driving games. It rewards practice and skill with a real sense of achievement. Can't wait for future releases in this line.

• 2 months later...

Currently trying to get a race drive in career on hard. It's bloody impossible with the torro rosso or midland. Hell i've done the one lap test in the midland and been over a second clear of the time they wanted. Tried to do a season in the aguri, but it's almost impossible to finish high enough to get a drive with another team, so i took test driver roles with TR & midland, but then get bored & try the trials again.

I've hit a bit of a brick wall. Anyone else got a race drive with midland or TR in hard right out of the trial?

Currently trying to get a race drive in career on hard. It's bloody impossible with the torro rosso or midland. Hell i've done the one lap test in the midland and been over a second clear of the time they wanted. Tried to do a season in the aguri, but it's almost impossible to finish high enough to get a drive with another team, so i took test driver roles with TR & midland, but then get bored & try the trials again.

I've hit a bit of a brick wall. Anyone else got a race drive with midland or TR in hard right out of the trial?

nope,got a test drive for williams though!

What narks me about the testing is you can't use your normal settings!

So out goes the low traction control etc and in comes the sunlight!It's really unfair because you spend lap after lap negotiating

a track to find all its nuances and then in the tests,blam! you have to re-learn the whole sodding thing. ^_^

• 8 months later...
I thought this was quite old news and that EA had actually got the licence for the next few years.

Either way Bernie is a prize twat.

Clearly Sony chose not to renew the license quite some time ago: Bruce talks about the money Bernie has lost out on since then.

I can't find any reference to EA picking the F1 license up (yet), but there was a news story last year that EA have signed a "£5m deal" with Hamilton.

Yeah, it's grand. Default settings for deadzone and steering sensitivty are pretty much spot on and even though the gas/brakes are a case of digital on/off in most situations, you still get that crazy corner throw-in with left and right lock and then the slow analogue steer out that I never felt with the sixaxis.

No FF as yet, if memory serves.

• 1 month later...

Im sure all tracks are unlocked straight away, as they are in single player also.

Im also pretty sure you can stipulate a ten min or whatever qualifying period.

There is no voice chat though which is shit, and I seem to remember not being able to invite people into your room. If no-one knows for sure I can check it out for you you tonight.

You planning on getting it? I would be up for some races if you are, I really loved this at the time but for some reason forgot all about it.

I might pick this up too.

I downloaded the demo the other night and really enjoyed it. Having just read through this thread it also seems to be getting lots of postive feedback. I've seen it for £20 locally, it might be a wee weekend treat for myself after my triathlon on Sunday.

You planning on getting it? I would be up for some races if you are, I really loved this at the time but for some reason forgot all about it.

Picked it up for for £22.99 in Blockbuster 20mins ago. I'm pleased there's online qualifying but a little worried about lack of voice chat and difficulty in inviting friends.

Hopefully we can get some races going.

Yeah collisions can be turned off.

I'm pleased there's online qualifying but a little worried about lack of voice chat and difficulty in inviting friends.

The friends thing seems to have been fixed, it seems easy enough to limit the games to invite only etc.

Just had a few quick races online and I can see this being a lot of fun. Qualified last in every race but at least I got it round! I turned off all the assists straight away except I left stability on strong. Any tips for the best set up in terms of assists?

It felt great anyway, I was having a good battle with one guy at the back of the pack as we both kept struggling with a certain corner at Bahrain. The pit stops are a nice touch aswell.

I wish I'd picked this up earlier really. I never got on with the demo as I can't play driving games where accelerate and brake are on the face buttons. Another thing I changed straight away in the game. The PS3 trigger adapters are a must for racing games though.

Anyone fancy a few races tonight?