F1: Championship Edition

BBBBBB

anyone tried monaco with the damage on?

i fucked up qually so started from the back. i almost made it to lowes before both left hand side wheels & suspension were bouncing down the road & Sato decided to do the same, but park on top of me. Hard.

infact just qualifying for a team in medium difficulty in career is super hard. its my main gripe so far, that i can win from the back on easy difficulty, but struggle to hit the targets on medium. i need to try some one off races in medium to see how hard that is.

Yeah I couldn't meet any of the time trial requirements on medium + had to go for easy level as well. I'm wondering if you turn off a lot of driving assists will it improve lap times, cos doing so in GT HD improved my lap times by about 10secs straight away.

Yeah I couldn't meet any of the time trial requirements on medium + had to go for easy level as well. I'm wondering if you turn off a lot of driving assists will it improve lap times, cos doing so in GT HD improved my lap times by about 10secs straight away.

nah, the first thing did when i set up the game was turn everything off.

Bah, the demo doesn't seem to support Sixaxis ;)

NOOOOOEEEESSSS!!!!!!! I was going to try this tonight. I've played the demo using normal control and I have to say I think it's really good but I was suffering similar control issues to someone above, where you go round corners in instalments.. The sensation of speed is incredible though.

You're taking food from my children's mouths with this talk, you know that, right?

We were in John Lewis in Bluewater yesterday, and they had F1: CE set up on a 42" LCD. Now, I'd been thinking I wasn't going to get a PS3 until a price cut happened - and then I had a go, mrs ngchol had a go, and ngchol jr went "Gooogooogaaaaa!!!" while watching his mummy playing. So, I bought one!

Deep down, you know it makes sense, choddo.

Been playing on the demo for a bit today and I'm seeing something with potential here. I've turned off all the drivers aids in the settings (except automatic gears) but it's still very easy. Thing is I'm presuming that the demo is much more "arcadey" than the actual game, so tell me about it.

Is the actual game much harder than the demo?

How is the damage handled, do other cars crash, at random intervals too? Same again, but this time for engine failures/punctures?

Is the qualifying system the same as an actual F1 weekend?

How is it Online?

Your answers may cost/save me £40.

Cheers.

Been playing on the demo for a bit today and I'm seeing something with potential here. I've turned off all the drivers aids in the settings (except automatic gears) but it's still very easy. Thing is I'm presuming that the demo is much more "arcadey" than the actual game, so tell me about it.

How is the damage handled, do other cars crash, at random intervals too? Same again, but this time for engine failures/punctures?

Blimey. With aids off and damage on I'm finding the demo exceedingly difficult. I have seen other cars retire during the demo, though, and not just when they've hit me.

Is the actual game much harder than the demo?

Yes,I'm playing career on medium difficulty (in a super aguri) and about 3-4 seconds of the pace ^_^

Yes,I've seen multiple pile-ups,cars going off track and had engines fail right in front of me!(not good)

Is the qualifying system the same as an actual F1 weekend?

Yes,it really is satisfying setting up your car and pushing as fast as you can,qualifying follow the same format as the real thing.

It's great when you make it into the second shootout!

How is it Online?

Online I've only had a couple of games,some shit a couple were good.

It's a real pain in the arse looking for settings such as collisions off etc.

Fair bit of lag with a full pack as well.

hope these answers didnt save you £40 cos it is a game well worth getting.

I tried a few single races on medium difficulty last night. Starting at the back i could easily keep up with the midfield and move up if i really concentrated. So the difficulty jump from easy to medium when your racing isn't *THAT* massive. (One spin however & your fucked)

So why is it ridiculously hard just to get a drive to get a drive at medium difficulty in career? Seems a bit strange to me.

Im currently doing my first career season on easy. Im wondering if the difficulty will ramp up at all over the 5 seaons or stay the same...? If i can win in a midland from the back, when i get into a Ferrari or Renault im going to walk it if the difficulty doesnt ramp up a bit. Its a bit catch 22, continue with the career in easy or try and try again to get a race drive in medium, knowing that once your racing you'll be fast enough to mix it in the midfield.

Of course this is assuming that the medium difficulty in single race is the same as medium in career...

oh & i just read the review on 1 up. i shall quote for comedy value:

¨The game features a number of control options, including the soon-to-be-ubiquitous "hold the Sixaxis like a steering wheel" nonsense.¨

¨If you can wrestle MotorStorm into submission in this fashion, you may very well respond to the same system employed here, but for the rest of us mere mortals, it's best thought of as little more than a gimmick.¨

^_^ On a related note, i have to say that I've never read sooooo many reviews of a game so utterly far off the mark as with this one. It's laughable.

Its the cars that make the medium difficulty innit?

I think in career the stats of each vehicle really start to count,in single race etc I think the performance is evened out a bit.

I know for a fact that I'm not 3-4 seconds off the pace around Albert Park but in the Aguri I just have to put up with it.

hope these answers didnt save you £40 cos it is a game well worth getting.

Thanks for the reply, but I may have saved myself £40 anyway as the good people at Boomerang games rental have dispatched this to me today. So it looks like an F1 weekend for me :o

On a related note, i have to say that I've never read sooooo many reviews of a game so utterly far off the mark as with this one. It's laughable.

The same happened with Enchanted Arms last year. The press response was rubbsh to say the least, but the word of mouth was much better

Just played some online with this and time trials. Both proving as addicitive as the World Championship mode!

Online seems really good, lag free. Also lots of customisable options. The room I joined seemed to place you on the grid in terms of how many points you had accumulated over the previous races which seemed a nice feature. Collisions were off, but would love to race with them on in a room of sensible people. sounds like a RLLMUK night?!

On time trails does anyone know if you can adjust the time of day when you are doing them? my brief shot was at dusk and the sun was right in my eyes on a few corners.

This game is definitely a 8 or a 9 out of ten for me. I actually think I prefer it more than Motorstorm. It just requires more time investment, motorstorm is more immediate and can be played for short bursts.

Are people playing this with the standard controller? It seems like the sort of game that would really benefit from a proper wheel setup (which actually puts me off).

I've played the demo a bit and it seems quite good. Metacritic shows some "interesting" review scores - most notably, Edge with a 4/10, PSM3 UK with a 48% and Games with a 50%.

Are people playing this with the standard controller? It seems like the sort of game that would really benefit from a proper wheel setup (which actually puts me off).

I've played the demo a bit and it seems quite good. Metacritic shows some "interesting" review scores - most notably, Edge with a 4/10, PSM3 UK with a 48% and Games with a 50%.

It works well with the normal controller for me, but some seem to rpefer using the six axis functions. I found that reall good also, unfortunately I enjoy doing 10 lap and upwards races and it just got too uncomfortable over such periods of time. I would imagine a wheel would have the same problem, unless you have it in a uber comfy position.