IGNORED

Aged 12 and looking after the family

mchugh

They're fucking disgusting. I realise there may be a fair bit of manipulation going on to make the girls look under more pressure than they actually are, but some of the stuff they're saying is insane. People that ignorant and selfish shouldn't be allowed to raise kids.

Oh wait, they're not - their daughters are.

I was just about to post the same thing. I missed the first bits. How blind is the "father"? I can't see how they can manage to sit outside having a beer while their kids are inside changing each others nappies.

What gets me is not even the whole blindness thing. They clearly cannot take care of their children and the mother wants to have 8? I just can't understand some peoples mentalities. It dosen't seem sane, it probably isn't in which case, why isn't she sectioned?

Tbh, I found it impossible to make any conclusions on what kind of parents they are from that documentary. Sure, if everything was exactly as it was shown then they are the most ignorant, selfish idiots ever (and despite myself I found I believed that at times) but it's also clearly a manipulative documentary of Bashir/Theroux proportions and who's to say they were sitting outside at the exact same time as the kids were inside changing nappies, the footage could have been (and most likely was, guessing from the probable one camera set-up) taken at completely different times.

Still, obviously what was missing from the scene was some qualified adult carer, but I'm very weary to believe Channel 4 documentaries can be anything close to fair.

The blind/partially sighted couple were absolutely shocking, they even said at some point during the show that they deliberately had kids so that they would have someone to look after them in old age. What a couple of selfish fuckers. :wacko:

And even after the mother miscarried for the second time they were determined to have another child to add to their army of slave children.

Jesus wept.

I think that the entire programme was fairly rediculous and irresponsible to be honest. I worked with disabled people for three years and the couple featured in this "documentary" blatantly had learning difficulties as well as the impairments mentioned by channel 4 so it wasn't just a case of "two bad parents who can't see so good". It was a case of two bad parents who can't see so good and are of subnormal intelligence who need need Social Services to come in and sort the standard of living for them and their kids out.

I dread to think what image people had of disabled parents after watching that parading of incapable parents and Jeremy Kyle fodder.

It was the daughter. Made me laugh muchly.

Me too. Only because you could see it coming.

The whole programme made me think of what it woul dbe like watching Del Boy and family being interviewed to adopt. One thing after another went wrong and made them look like the worst candidates for care in the universe.

• A baby lying in shit in the hallway. Asleep. With blind people walking about.
  • Whilst discussing the younger daughter trying to commit suicide with a bin bag, the older daughter suddenly blurts out, "The girl next door hung herself". Whilst grinning.
  • Mum blindly walking past her son lying under a table wailing, only to find that he'd just fallen over and was spewing blood from his mouth. And then getting smacked in the face by a flying aeroplaning brothers foot.
  • The camera's going upstairs to check 3 of the family to find the windows and doors had been shut all night and the lenses steaming up, with the kids all looking half dead with suffocation.
  • The younger daughter doing the once a day nappy changing, only cleaning half of her poor 5 year old brothers arse as she is tying not to be sick, and then putting clean clothes back on him as quickly as possible. While Mum and Dad sit in the garden drinking Skol and smoking fags.
  • Smoking fags whilst pregnant.

It was amazing telly, in all sense of the word.

Tbh, I found it impossible to make any conclusions on what kind of parents they are from that documentary. Sure, if everything was exactly as it was shown then they are the most ignorant, selfish idiots ever (and despite myself I found I believed that at times) but it's also clearly a manipulative documentary of Bashir/Theroux proportions and who's to say they were sitting outside at the exact same time as the kids were inside changing nappies, the footage could have been (and most likely was, guessing from the probable one camera set-up) taken at completely different times.

Still, obviously what was missing from the scene was some qualified adult carer, but I'm very weary to believe Channel 4 documentaries can be anything close to fair.

I think that the entire programme was fairly rediculous and irresponsible to be honest. I worked with disabled people for three years and the couple featured in this "documentary" blatantly had learning difficulties as well as the impairments mentioned by channel 4 so it wasn't just a case of "two bad parents who can't see so good". It was a case of two bad parents who can't see so good and are of subnormal intelligence who need need Social Services to come in and sort the standard of living for them and their kids out.

I dread to think what image people had of disabled parents after watching that parading of incapable parents and Jeremy Kyle fodder.

Good posts.