IGNORED

HMV refuses PS3 pre-orders unless consumers agree to buy PSP too

daxus

Oh HMV how you've changed. You never used to make me buy a Human League 12" when I came in to buy a Thompson Twins tape.

The thing is, HMV has recently been great - they've reduced prices on a load of games in particular (new DS chart titles are £25 instead of £30). This is just a bit cheeky.

Get this fellas, had a word with a guy at HMV cust services about this whole thing.

They didn't even have enough psp's to fill out any orders that were placed by customers. WTF is wrong with them....

Btw....any guesses to how many of the 5000 allocations have been secured via this amazing internet deal? :)

Personally, this may be a little off topic, but I used to twat around Im a law student and Im doing a law degree in letters and debates when I wanted to get things done, and ultimately while it might have meant I knew more on certain things, it didn't stop me coming across as a condescending twat.

A bachelors and masters later, you see the real world and pratical law word and you see the degree is just memoring some opinions from some books and writing down long essays which in practice arent really much

Going off topic again, but I've started to look at my law degree as some knd of exercise in learning legal trivia. The more "lawyerly" skills you end up teaching yourself anyway it seems. And have someone else tell you you're good or bad.

Foot in the door though, as someone mentioned earlier.

Anyway, HMV... bit shit, innit?

You don't even need a Law Degree to be a lawyer. My wife was gutted when she learned that. She said she would have done something more interesting\useful.

You do need a 1 year conversion course on top of a non law degree which takes another year and quite a bit of cash.

You do need a 1 year conversion course on top of a non law degree which takes another year and quite a bit of cash.

Isn't there another course to do after the conversion? Followed by a few years training?

I looked into doing a conversion to become a barrister and it was by no means a short route.

Uh...HMV are shit. :lol:

You don't even need a Law Degree to be a lawyer. My wife was gutted when she learned that. She said she would have done something more interesting\useful.

Yeah, but the Common Practice err Examination (?) sounds an utter bitch, and I couldn't be arsed doing that before going on to do the LPC or BVC. Nevermind the years of training after that.

There's always ILEX, but that takes just as long it seems, and I'm not sure about the end result in terms of pay.

I've just thought, how many lawyers are actually on here?

Isn't there another course to do after the conversion? Followed by a few years training?

I looked into doing a conversion to become a barrister and it was by no means a short route.

Uh...HMV are shit. :lol:

Yeah BVC for barristers and LPC for solicitors

10k each

Honestly Im good at it and enjoy some bits of it, but i regret going down the law route now,

Get this fellas, had a word with a guy at HMV cust services about this whole thing.

They didn't even have enough psp's to fill out any orders that were placed by customers. WTF is wrong with them....

Btw....any guesses to how many of the 5000 allocations have been secured via this amazing internet deal? :lol:

Do tell?

nevar!!!!!!!!

with their mispricing and loads of e-vouchers on the net - it makes sense to use them

anyway i reckon they've had most of the allocation taken in preorders because of the fact that they have ran out of PSP's

Lets put it this way, they have managed to send out 18....yes folks just 18.... :lol:

HMV have pulled this 'offer' according to C&VG

http://computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=157304

Computeract!ve received this statement from HMV: "Now that we've been able to confirm our level of PS3 stock with Sony, we're in a position to revise our original online offer. We will therefore be writing imminently to all the customers who have indicated that they wish to make the dual purchase to advise them that they can now pre-order the PS3 console by itself, if they prefer."

I thought the whole point of the "offer" was that you'd get the PSP immediately with the PS3 to follow? How did anyone* "indicate that they wish to make the dual purchase" without actually buying a PSP?

*out of the 18 Gullible Idiots

I've just thought, how many lawyers are actually on here?

You can count me in I suppose! I did my undergrad, going to New York in the next 2 weeks to sit the New York Bar, if successful I'm moving to New York for a couple of years.. and I'd do a masters over there too..

Oh to be as cool as Charles though.. :D