IGNORED

HMV refuses PS3 pre-orders unless consumers agree to buy PSP too

daxus

Has RLLMUK started handing out stupid pills to members again?

Oof, nice opener. Puts me on the back foot, infers I'm not of sound mind to readers, and invites protestation which would ultimately make me look unsure of myself. You're good, Edgeworth.

Well you may be simple as but you apparently don't understand that as HMV are willing to sell to people and becuase of that they do fall under legal obligations. The argument was never about whether they could choose not to sell to you, it was about whether they are allowed to bundle thier items when selling to you.

Indeed it was. Crucial to the argument is that, relating to the act of selling you something, the shop can do whatever it likes. This includes refusing to sell you something unless you buy something else, should they so wish.

Pesky reading, it really is a chore isn't it....

I believe you, you seem like an honest kinda guy.

Why have a go at someone if they're informed?

I mean, people on here slate you if you don't know what you're talking about and if they have an informed opinion, they get slated too. Give the guy a break.

I just thought his "I'm a law student so pipe down" schtick was overblown and unnecessary. We have real lawyers on the board, so it's not like he's really an authority anyway.

I just thought his "I'm a law student so pipe down" schtick was overblown and unnecessary. We have real lawyers on the board, so it's not like he's really an authority anyway.

Perhaps not. But he's more informed than you or I (I think). Eitherway, I welcome contributions from anyone who can 'set me straight'. However if you feel like that, then fair enough. Wouldn't pay for us all to be the same an' that...

Yeah! we like it stupid and opinionated on here.

You're telling us!

Perhaps not. But he's more informed than you or I (I think). Eitherway, I welcome contributions from anyone who can 'set me straight'. However if you feel like that, then fair enough. Wouldn't pay for us all to be the same an' that...

Oh, I'm sure he knows more about the law, but it's like entering a discussion on how long to boil an egg with 'I'm a qualified chef, and you're totally wrong and ignorant - it's 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Trust me'.

Personally, this may be a little off topic, but I used to twat around Im a law student and Im doing a law degree in letters and debates when I wanted to get things done, and ultimately while it might have meant I knew more on certain things, it didn't stop me coming across as a condescending twat.

A bachelors and masters later, you see the real world and pratical law word and you see the degree is just memoring some opinions from some books and writing down long essays which in practice arent really much

Personally, this may be a little off topic, but I used to twat around Im a law student and Im doing a law degree in letters and debates when I wanted to get things done, and ultimately while it might have meant I knew more on certain things, it didn't stop me coming across as a condescending twat.

A bachelors and masters later, you see the real world and pratical law word and you see the degree is just memoring some opinions from some books and writing down long essays which in practice arent really much

That's well and good, but am I entitled to a PS3 without blu-ray or not?

Why have a go at someone if they're informed?

I mean, people on here slate you if you don't know what you're talking about and if they have an informed opinion, they get slated too. Give the guy a break.

This. He even apologised for coming over too overbearing in his original posts, and he's made some interesting points.

Anyway, HMV are obviously profiteering, but after they saw Game rake it in during the 360 launch, who can blame them?

You're telling us!

Oh, I'm sure he knows more about the law, but it's like entering a discussion on how long to boil an egg with 'I'm a qualified chef, and you're totally wrong and ignorant - it's 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Trust me'.

I'm not getting into the big egg-boiling debate again (I had one of those last weekend with myself in the car), but if I didn't know how long it took to boil an egg and someone said, "well I'm a chef and it takes 2.30" I'd believe them, since they know more than me.

I can appreciate your point about how you put yourself across, but that's just horses for courses as I thought he came across quite well.

And yet, here you are, arguing on the Internet.

Pesky reading, it really is a chore isn't it....

It is where you're involved, with pretentious sentences akin to 'I'd be willing to entertain the discussion blah blah blah' and paragraph after paragraph of mastubatory mirror-talk. It probably sounds very clever in your head, but you've been watching too much Perry Mason. And when your post contains ridiculous comparison examples like the knife sets and rice meals that manage to completely destroy your own arguement from the inside, it can get a little trying. It might also be less of a chore if you mastered the subtle difference between something like 'your' and 'you're' before informing people that you know it all because you are in TEH EDUCATION. If you knew it all, you wouldn't be there. Honest.

Brilliantly put Monokichi.

I am actually sorry I have wasted this long typing becuase obviously it is lost on you or you. I know what I am talking about and it is becoming incresingly apparent with each post you make on the subject that you do not.

:D Christ, what a condescending tosspot.

Don't lawyers have to be able to spell? And what does "lost on you or you" mean?

:D Christ, what a condescending tosspot.

Don't lawyers have to be able to spell? And what does "lost on you or you" mean?

Yeah we aren't all like that. Besides he's just a very umm eager student, becoming lawyer itself is much much harder.

Also I apologise for my fucked up spelling in my earlier post. My mate was waiting outside so we could get some grub at nandos so I just bashed it out on this shitty keyboard and hit reply

And yet, here you are, arguing on the Internet.

Eh?

I put no input into this hmv bundle thing, and the err legal issues behind it, should there be any.

Mainly because I don't care but ho hum

I got the email from HMV about this deal,

has any one quoted the little bit at the end?

something like

" by the way please dont contact our customer services requesting a non PSP PS3 bundle as we are not offering these and they dont like it , thanks."

I am at work and cant get the email to direct quote it, can someone else please do so, it hilarious.

I got the email from HMV about this deal,

has any one quoted the little bit at the end?

I am at work and cant get the email to direct quote it, can someone else please do so, it hilarious.

Please note that PlayStation 3 solus console is currently unavailable to order from HMV.co.uk by itself, and we kindly ask customers not to contact us with regards to this.

Fucking tossers.

Please note that PlayStation 3 solus console is currently unavailable to order from HMV.co.uk by itself, and we kindly ask customers not to contact us with regards to this.

Fucking tossers.

Cheers for this, I thought it was hilarious. Solus console? LOLZ