rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
CactuarBill

Ghostbusters (2016)

I hope Murray agrees to do it Live action. I know originally he said he'd only do it if it was CGI but I think it'd be much better live action. I know some people said they are too old, but that makes perfect sense for a script of washed up, over the hill Ghostbusters. You could even have some kind of young wannabes who are doing a job 10X better than the orginal Ghostbusters but they fuck up and the city now needs to original and the best.

Well, he wasn't actually in-the-flesh in those things, though.

have you seen either of them? I'd have stopped after the first one.

(apparently he recorded his parts on-set filming the life aquatic)

No. God no.

But he plays Garfield, who's a cat. A CGI cat.

Oh fuck you, Sean. I just had a horrifying image of Bill Murray jumping around in a Garfield suit.

It's viral for the game, neh? The game is technically Ghostbusters 3.

If there is a new Ghostbusters film I'd be surprised if Murray was on board, or indeed if the old cast centre in the story, it'll be like Extreme Ghostbusters and, yes, shit.

It's viral for the game, neh? The game is technically Ghostbusters 3.

If there is a new Ghostbusters film I'd be surprised if Murray was on board, or indeed if the old cast centre in the story, it'll be like Extreme Ghostbusters and, yes, shit.

The new film's already been confirmed. And Murray's on board in some capacity.

It just seems like it's lost the charm of the original by being more professional

Right. They look shit. I still think a new Ghostbusters film could work amazingly with the three main guys (fuck Winston) as fat old losers.

HOLY SHIT!

51FeH1ODxOL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

The entire first network season and the first part of the syndicated series are included in this spook-tacular, deluxe 5-DVD set, along with nearly three hours of exclusive bonus material, all packaged in a cool, SteelBook case.

I hear it's actually the first 30 episodes rather than the first season, but any fan knows that the first and (the enormous) second seasons are the only ones worth owning. Basically, as this is US only, I need a US forumite to hook me up with this asap edit: amazon.com now ship to the UK so I will place my order asap. I mean, $22 on amazon.com compared to paying £180 for the entire set on ebay:

23388-X_400.jpg

Now, I'd love that huge set, but I'm not mental. I can't drop £200 on a cartoon no matter if it is the greatest cartoon of my youth. Although if any US forumites would like to estimate how much it would cost to get hold of that set away from ebay...

Man, the Real Ghostbusters was incredible. The music, the monsters, the re-imagining of the characters, the dance... It was miles better than Ghostbusters 2. Drool the Dog-faced Goblin, Revenge of Murray the Mantis, Mr. Sandman, Troll Bridge, The Man Who Never Reached Home... :)

I quick scan of the DVD Volumes shows that they've re-jigged the episode order so that the best episodes are spread across the first 3 volumes (Murray the Mantis, Egon's Ghost and The Hole in the Wall Gang are all saved for Vol. 3) :).

The Volume 1 set above features:

VOLUME ONE - 30 episodes

--------DISC 1--------

(SEASON 1 ABC)

* Ghosts R Us (75002)

* Killerwatt (75001)

* Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood (75004)

* Slimer, Come Home (75006)

* Troll Bridge (75007)

* The Boogieman Cometh (75008)

--------DISC 2--------

* Mr. Sandman, Dream Me A Dream (75009)

* When Halloween Was Forever (75010)

* Look Homeward, Ray (75003)

* Take Two (75011)

* Citizen Ghost (75012)

* Janine's Genie (75005)

* Xmas Marks The Spot (75013)

--------DISC 3--------

(SEASON 1 SYNDICATED)

* Knock, Knock (76001)

* Station Identification (76002)

* Play Them Ragtime Boos (76003)

* Sea Fright (76004)

* The Spirit Of Aunt Lois (76005)

* Cry Uncle (76006)

* Adventures In Slime And Space (76007)

--------DISC 4--------

* Night Game (76008)

* Venkman's Ghost Repellers (76009)

* The Old College Spirit (76010)

* Ain't NASA-sarily So (76011)

* Who're You Calling Two-Dimensional? (76012)

* A Fright At The Opera (76013)

* Doctor, Doctor (76014)

--------DISC 5--------

* Ghost Busted (76015)

* Beneath These Streets (76016)

* Boo-Dunit (76017)

Here's hoping they sell enough to release Volume's 2 & 3 individually.

Choosing the 10-22 day postage this set came to $30, so that's roughly £20. Definitely worth it I'd say. (Drool the Dog-faced Goblin will feature in the Volume 2 set - and yes it was devastating, I always found The man Who Never Reached Home and The Thing in Mrs. Faversham's Attic quite haunting as a kid)

If you're impatient (to staplehead), then it might be worth picking this up: Spooky Spirits DVD as it contains Drool, Murray & Sandman, 3 of the best episodes and should be relatively cheap. Though all these dvds are supposedly region 1 I had heard that the Time Life set was Region 0.

Is this a thread hijack or are we ok to discuss RGB alongside GB3 speculation?

Fucking region 1 ;)

Which was the episode where they got back to HQ after the fight with Mr Stay Puft and their suits became evil clone ghosts of themselves? That was fucking awesome. And the one where there was a massive ghost made of toys (I think that was the first episode with Ecto 2 in). Aw man, I'm not humping the fucking Xbox back under the TV so I can watch this :)

Fucking region 1 ;)

Which was the episode where they got back to HQ after the fight with Mr Stay Puft and their suits became evil clone ghosts of themselves? That was fucking awesome. And the one where there was a massive ghost made of toys (I think that was the first episode with Ecto 2 in). Aw man, I'm not humping the fucking Xbox back under the TV so I can watch this :)

I picked up a cheap multiregion dvd player for around £30 and it's lasted me three years so far, but if it's just a case of hooking your Xbox up...

The evil ghostly versions of themselves is from the episode "Citizen Ghost" which is on the Volume 1 set (and also features as an extra on the green goo edition of the movie DVD) and the ghost made of toys is familiar but I'm not sure which episode it's from.

I picked up a cheap multiregion dvd player for around £30 and it's lasted me three years so far, but if it's just a case of hooking your Xbox up...

The evil ghostly versions of themselves is from the episode "Citizen Ghost" which is on the Volume 1 set (and also features as an extra on the green goo edition of the movie DVD) and the ghost made of toys is familiar but I'm not sure which episode it's from.

I really liked that episode & you can see it on Youtube as well as getting it in that DVD set of the 2 movies.

I always thought it was a shame that Ghostbusters 2 retconned the entire Real GB series as I considered it a great continuation & a pretty smart cartoon as the "ghostly uniforms" plot & the logical way they were defeated shows. One odd thing about that 2 DVD set is that the 2nd Episode of Real GB they included features the "mood slime" Episode "Partners in Slime" (Part 1 is missing) & Egon mentions them fighting Vigo, despite the events of the movie not happening in the Real GB continuity.