Ghostbusters (2016)

CactuarBill

If there's something female led

In your pop culture

Who you gonna piss giant baby tears to

Tedious pissbabies

I liked Bridesmaids and I hear Spy was good, if they stick the landed it could be awesome. Gotta go all out on the characters on this, Ghostbusters only worked because of the chemistry.

Is this 100% going to end up being named Ghostbusters 3?

I hear GhostBeaters is the prelim title.

It looks fucking appalling.

Just feels like a committee sat down and thought 'Oh, we haven't done a film with a team of sassy women fighting stuff in for a while now and Ghostbusters is the best way to do it ever! Oh, and best make sure we put in a huge mean black lady in there just for good measure. Obviously, she'll be the one who has a heart of cold and is much softer than her enormous muscles would suggest, but it'll be AWESOME!'

Insincere Dave face here.

It looks fucking appalling.

Just feels like a committee sat down and thought 'Oh, we haven't done a film with a team of sassy women fighting stuff in for a while now and Ghostbusters is the best way to do it ever! Oh, and best make sure we put in a huge mean black lady in there just for good measure. Obviously, she'll be the one who has a heart of cold and is much softer than her enormous muscles would suggest, but it'll be AWESOME!'

Insincere Dave face here.

Isn't this the exact opposite of what a committee would do? Wouldn't they just basically want to do the same film over again as they know that made money? I think this is the only way a new Ghostbusters film makes any sense.

In seriousness I vaguely get your point but you a making vast, sweeping statements.

The reason I think most people are against it is that it feels like they used ghostbusters as a vehicle for the cookie cutter female comedy approach. Let's hope that's wrong. But frankly nothing coming from anybody involved to date inspired any confidence...

By the way, I REALLY like women

Do you know me? No.

My line about liking women was meant to be tongue in cheek. Even using CAPS it was too subtle for you so will sign post more clearly next time.

Anyway... The producers spoke of finding a 'vehicle' ready made to make the most of a growing 'genre/trend' (I don't remember which word was used).

Will find the full quote when I'm less hungover and can fire up my PC.

Remember guys, if you are critical, it's because you hate women.

Critical of Star Trek reboot? Yeah, it went wonky.

Critical of horror remake #253? Yeah, they're never as good as the originals.

Critical of Ghostbusters reboot? You obviously hate women

The reason I think most people are against it is that it feels like they used ghostbusters as a vehicle for the cookie cutter female comedy approach.

Seems like a bit of a leap given we've not seen anything except some photographs, and the director's last movie was a screwball spy spoof.

Seems like a bit of a leap given we've not seen anything except some photographs, and the director's last movie was a screwball spy spoof.

As I said earlier:

Anyway... The producers spoke of finding a 'vehicle' ready made to make the most of a growing 'genre/trend' (I don't remember which word was used).

Will find the full quote when I'm less hungover and can fire up my PC.

It looks shit from 2 promo stills, 4 teaser posters and a couple of on set photos?

Welcome to World of the Psychic.

Have you missed the point of promotional material? It's to make you think something will be good. It hasn't convinced some people. Have you really never decided to not bother with a movie because the promos look a bit shit? Are we, for some reason, not allowed to have an opinion on promos?

As long as the trailer doesn't have a part where the background music stops and we see Melissa McCarthy fall over with her proton back for 30 seconds, it'll be fine.

Oh this is totally how it's going to go and I'm gonna be rolling my fucking eyeballs.