Ghostbusters (2016)

CactuarBill

Do we know if they are keeping the huckster/engineer/science nerd/working stiff personality archetypes, and if they are, do we know who is who?

The reported synopsis is that Wiig and McCarthy wrote a book about ghosts, many years later Wiig is a big-shot academic whose colleagues get a good laugh when the book resurfaces. The two old colleagues then have to team up to fight ghosts.

So I'm guessing Wiig will be a stuffy version of Peter, and McCarthy will be a cheery version of Ray? Who knows.

I always loved Ghostbusters 2 as a kid, and I still do. I didn't realise the INTERNET hated it so much?! They use a nes joystick to control the statue of liberty, that's still fucking ace! The courtroom scene, dancing toaster and cussing at slime, the bathtub trying to eat dana, motherfuckin VIGO, bloke from ally mcbeal with his laser eyes, it's class man. The internet can't convince me otherwise!

I think the difference maybe not being aged 8-12 when the first one was in the cinema. Cos for me and not doubt many others it was close to a religious experience. Personally I must have read the novelisation every week for about a year till it hit VHS.

They look fucking awesome.

Kate McKinnon is gay, I wonder if the character will be.

Nobody is going to "be" Venkman, but Wiig does have a unique style in the same way that he did. McCarthy is probably actually the closest to Murray's style, though McKinnon could certainly do a good impersonation. I think they will do well to exploit the different characteristics of the four stars rather than ape anything else. And I'm sure that's what Feig will be doing.

I'd like it if McKinnon wasn't doing her crazy eyes thing that she ends up doing so much in SNL. She's got a lot more to offer than that.

I'd rather they acknowledged the existence of the original Ghostbusters in this new film, maybe they were well known in NYC but long out of business, and this lot have bought the branding rights or something :lol:

I'd rather that than an all out 'reboot'; it would be both a reboot and a sequel.

Does anyone know where it all fits in? I mentioned a while back in the thread that at one point this was a new thing but then Akyroyd said it was to be in the same universe.

But given they are making their own equipment it makes me think this will have nothing to with the original films.

You can't set it in NY in the same universe and not acknowledge the originals.

I'll be honest, I'm hyped as fuck about this. Maybe it's train wreck but the first movie in synopsis sounds crap as anything.

Also NYC baby! The place is just fucking special. You know why no one watched Battle: Los Angeles? Because LA is a shithole. NYC is still magical to me. I want to see a film about a bunch of ladies fighting the worst of NYC history in the cultural axis of the western world. I want to see them striding down Fifth Avenue, every motherfucker in the place throwing them shade, and save the goddamn world.

They look fucking awesome.

Kate McKinnon is gay, I wonder if the character will be.

Nobody is going to "be" Venkman, but Wiig does have a unique style in the same way that he did. McCarthy is probably actually the closest to Murray's style, though McKinnon could certainly do a good impersonation. I think they will do well to exploit the different characteristics of the four stars rather than ape anything else. And I'm sure that's what Feig will be doing.

I'd like it if McKinnon wasn't doing her crazy eyes thing that she ends up doing so much in SNL. She's got a lot more to offer than that.

Negged? Genuinely curious as to why.