rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
CactuarBill

Ghostbusters (2016)

I just want more Ghostbusters.

;) me too, but *please* dont give them the idea to make two at once, i'd more sooner see two movies with actual stories as opposed to having to sit through 'ghostbusters:reloaded' or 'ghostbusters:dead mans chest' if its at all possible.

;) me too, but *please* dont give them the idea to make two at once, i'd more sooner see two movies with actual stories as opposed to having to sit through 'ghostbusters:reloaded' or 'ghostbusters:dead mans chest' if its at all possible.

Yeah, like those rubbbish Back to the Future sequels that were made back-to-back.

Yeah, like those rubbbish Back to the Future sequels that were made back-to-back.

A few years ago those are exactly the movies i *would* have used to illustrate my point that back to back sequels were a bad thing, i hated those at the time.

I'd still argue that the first movie stands better without them though ( ;) that ending), but at least the things were made with a warmth and affection that has been so obviously missing from so many sequels i've seen since.

I was talking about this in the pub - maybe it might work if the Ghostbusters were CG and looked like all the actors from the previous movies a few years later. They could go all hyper-real with it like Final Fantasy - Spirits Within.

But with, er, more plot.

Its a minor point but if they were to make it with a younger version of the cast it would be nice if they set it in the appropriate time, a GB3 set in 1993 or 1994 would be kind of cool if you ask me.

Its one of the few points where the recent comic book series fell down if you ask me, a little rockstar style atention to period detail can add a lot of depth to a story whereas the comic books seemed to get a little bogged down with hammering the fact they were set NOW home.

A little hindsight can make good (if sometimes predictable) jokes too.

E! Online Via /film

In a recent interview with EOnline, Dan Aykroyd was asked about the status of Ghostbusters 3. Aykroyd responded:

Well, y’know, two sharp young writers are purported to be writing the sequel, the third movie now. If I could interest Seth [Rogen] and Judd [Apatow] to be part of it, that would be an absolute dream.

Given Aykroyd’s relationship with the franchise, it’s nearly impossible that he wouldn’t know for certain exactly what is going on with the script, so it’s quite plausible that a script is currently in the works as he says. As for the involvement of Rogen and Apatow, capitalizing on the current popularity of the Apatow crew seems like it might be a good way to both placate longtime fans as to the quality of a new film, and also introduce the franchise to a new generation of viewers. Of course, all of this is the definition of “speculative,” but it feels like there might just be some truth to it.

Ha, they should make it dark and gritty and modern. Here is a synopsis of my script...

A new ghostbusters team go out on the hunt for ghosts. With them a cool dude is making a documentary and he is like 'This is so bullshit lol, there are no such things as ghosts silly!', the whole film is seen from his cam. They move around a large spooky building and throughout the night they witness real human looking ghosts. By the end the documentary guy is on his knees crying in fear and then the camera stops playing.

Hmmm, I wouldn't read too much into the Rogen/Apatow comment. Ackroyd knows that on his own he isn't able to get a third film off the ground, because he's been trying for years. Five years ago he was name-dropping Stiller in interviews because he needs to attract one of the younger generation of comic actors to step in and get the support from the studios, and to create a buzz with the general public. As for the franchise itself, Ghostbusters 2 was ok, but I think the fantastic cartoon series proved there's a lot of life left in the concept. Bring on more Ghostbusters please.

Gonna test out how to make a "generic Rllmuk post" for a moment...

Ghostbusters:Miami

Ghostbuster:Vegas

Ghostbusters: European Road Trip / Dude, where's my Ecto-1?

Yeah, that'd work...

Yeah, that'd be shit.

Luckily, it's just you and not actually happening.

Also, your baby is ugly.

And I fucked your mom.

Oooooohhh yeeeeeeeeah.

Gonna test out how to make a "generic Rllmuk post" for a moment...

Yeah, that'd be shit.

Luckily, it's just you and not actually happening.

Also, your baby is ugly.

And I fucked your mom.

Oooooohhh yeeeeeeeeah.

BUH? :lol:

No reason why GB wouldn't work as a series.

None of this Apatow shit, just give me a show that's dark, grim and near the knuckle.

So, totally unlike the light-hearted films then.

The thing is, they've already done the comeback movie. Ghostbusters 2 was about people who were older and fatter, coming out of retirement to save the day. That's the traditional comebackmovie blown right there. The logical next step would be to expand the concept and have either a new generation of Ghostbusters, or Ghostbusters as a national or international franchise, which are both ideas Reistman's looked at. But I don't think either of those ideas really lends itself to a comedy, and it takes the emphasis off the original Ghostbusters, which is all anyone really wants from a Ghostbusters film.

I take it the people who want a dark and gritty Ghostbusters 3 loved Bomberman Zero . . .

No reason why GB wouldn't work as a series.

None of this Apatow shit, just give me a show that's dark, grim and near the knuckle.

Dark?

Grim?

What?

"GHOSTBUSTERS 3: NEAR THE KNUCKLE"

We open on a GRIM, DARK prison covered in DIRT. The SCREAMS of a terrified WOMAN echo through the DANK, dripping CORRIDORS. There is the SOUND OF A CHAINSAW.

Cut to: A GHOST with a CHAINSAW. He is DARK and GRIM and AROUSED. He tortures a NAKED WOMAN then spits TOBACCO JUICE on the FLOOR.

Cut to: THE GHOSTBUSTERS. They wear TRENCHCOATS covered in DIRT. Instead of proton packs they carry MASSIVE DIRTY GUNS painted BLACK.

RAY: Let's go kick some motherfucking ghost ass motherfuckers.

THE GHOSTBUSTERS burst in on the HORNY CHAINSAW GHOST. EGON kicks it in the NUTS and does a PILEDRIVER. PETER picks up the CHAINSAW and DECAPITATES the GHOST. WINSTON empties his MASSIVE DIRTY GUN into the ghost's HEAD whilst the NAKED WOMAN gives EGON a blowjob.

Then they all HAVE SEX in SLOW MOTION.

• Upvote 1

Dark?

Grim?

What?

"GHOSTBUSTERS 3: NEAR THE KNUCKLE"

We open on a GRIM, DARK prison covered in DIRT. The SCREAMS of a terrified WOMAN echo through the DANK, dripping CORRIDORS. There is the SOUND OF A CHAINSAW.

Cut to: A GHOST with a CHAINSAW. He is DARK and GRIM and AROUSED. He tortures a NAKED WOMAN then spits TOBACCO JUICE on the FLOOR.

Cut to: THE GHOSTBUSTERS. They wear TRENCHCOATS covered in DIRT. Instead of proton packs they carry MASSIVE DIRTY GUNS painted BLACK.

RAY: Let's go kick some motherfucking ghost ass motherfuckers.

THE GHOSTBUSTERS burst in on the HORNY CHAINSAW GHOST. EGON kicks it in the NUTS and does a PILEDRIVER. PETER picks up the CHAINSAW and DECAPITATES the GHOST. WINSTON empties his MASSIVE DIRTY GUN into the ghost's HEAD whilst the NAKED WOMAN gives EGON a blowjob.

Then they all HAVE SEX in SLOW MOTION.

FUCK YES. Stick on Rump Shaker over that scene, and I'd pay to see that shit.

Seriously, who the fuck wants Rogen, Rudd and co running around screaming like little girls?

I'm not sure how that conclusion follows...

The scenes I've seen have shown the Marshmallow Man, but the plot apparently isn't a retelling of the first film & it involves Gozer's return. This means that it either ignores them getting discredited between 1 & 2 & is an alternate story or is set after 2 when they had a functioning bustin' business again.

Although on that subject, I always wondered if Gozer & Vigo were actually the cause of all the Ghostly activity, & in eliminating them, they were actually cutting off the source of their work.