IGNORED

Ghostbusters (2016)

CactuarBill

I think that story above has to be based on an earlier draft. Remember they are also moving forward with another Ghostbusters movie (as part of a cinematic universe) with Aykroyd and Reitman. Unless they too are writing some kind of reboot.

We are next introduced to Patty Tolan, played by Leslie Jones, who works in the tunnels under New York City. While underground she encounters the film’s villain Rowan Elgin (The role Peter Dinklage is rumored for) carrying a device. She pursues Tolan but he gives her the slip. After losing him, she stumbles upon his device attached to the wall.

wait, does dinklage have a sex change, or does she pursue herself?

I think that story above has to be based on an earlier draft. Remember they are also moving forward with another Ghostbusters movie (as part of a cinematic universe) with Aykroyd and Reitman. Unless they too are writing some kind of reboot.

Is that official? I thought it was just a rumour, IMDB certainly doesn't have Aykroyd writing anything.

Just imagine how pissed off he must be. Years he's been trying to get a third Ghostbusters going... and now this pile of shite.

• 5 weeks later...

Don't quite get that. I would see the joke if the originals hired Janine just because she was 'hot' but they didn't right?

No, but... every joke in the film doesn't have to have some connection to the original. At least I hope it won't.

Maybe he's the hot guy who doesn't know he's hot. The hot guy they hire because he's hot but turns out to be shit at his job. The hot guy who the women don't realise is hot. Or playing a character where his hotness doesn't factor in and it's something else. And so on and so on.

this apparantly starts filming today in Boston (standing in for New yYork) - as a huge ghostbusters fan i should be happy that were finally getting a new ghostbusters, yet im quite sad because i know that what we will end up getting will only be Ghostbusters in name and not the magic (i honestly hope that i am proven wrong as i want to see a new ghostbusters suceed)

There is no way a brand-new film that you've never seen before can possibly compete in terms of emotional connection with a classic film from your childhood that you've seen a hundred times or more. If while watching this film you don't feel the same as while you watch the original, that will be in no way an indication of the new film's success or failure.