rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
CactuarBill

Ghostbusters (2016)

How about a Christopher Nolan one, where you never actually find out if the flowers are still standing, or if they fall. I definitely saw them wobble before the cut to black.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Do a reboot. Brad Bird directs.

The Ghosbusters are:

Venkman: Amy Poehler SNAP IT'S A WOMAN THIS TIME

Spengler: Zach Quinto or Mackenzie Crook

Winstone: Jonah Hill, it's OK because he's actually good now

Zeddemore: Idris Elba in full-on Luther ragemode

Janine is played by Lily Rabe, because I love her

Good in-depth Vanity Fair article on the making of the original film-

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ghostbusters-making-of

Not much new on the third one in it, except this-

Hints of possible plot points and characters surfaced during the interviews for this article. For example, Sigourney Weaver says that during one relatively recent conversation with Ivan Reitman, “I said, I have one condition want my son Oscar [from Ghostbusters II] to be a Ghostbuster, and he said, ‘We’ve already done that.’”

• Upvote 4

30th Anniversary Blu-Ray announced - and it's being re-released onto the big screen in the US on August 29th.

GHOSTBUSTERS Blu-ray Special Features:

- NEW! Who You Gonna Call: A Ghostbusters Retrospective - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 1)
- NEW! Poster Art Gallery – Gallery 1988 artwork
- NEW! “Ghostbusters” Music Video – Ray Parker, Jr.
- Legacy Content:​
-- ​​Slimer Mode – Picture in Picture and Trivia Track
-- Commentary w/ Ivan Reitman, Harold Ramis & Joe Medjuck
-- 10 Deleted Scenes
-- 1984 Featurette
-- Cast and Crew Featurette
-- SFX Team Featurette
-- Multi-Angles​
-- Ecto-1: Resurrecting the Classic Car
-- Ghostbusters Garage: Ecto-1 Gallery Storyboard Comparisons

GHOSTBUSTERS II Blu-ray Special Features:

- NEW! Time Is But A Window: Ghostbusters II and Beyond - Roundtable Discussion with Director Ivan Reitman and Dan Aykroyd (Part 2)
- NEW! Deleted Scenes
- NEW! “On Our Own” Music Video – Bobby Brown

• Upvote 1

And the next choice for director is Kevin Feige Paul Feig of Bridesmaids fame. While there have been no official negotiations, Sony are targeting him as their number one choice.

Melissa McCarthy confirmed as new Ghostbuster then?

Edit: I still can't get past the fact that Feig played Mr Craft on Sabrina The Teenage Witch

And the next choice for director is Kevin Feige of Bridesmaids fame. While there have been no official negotiations, Sony are targeting him as their number one choice.

Melissa McCarthy confirmed as new Ghostbuster then?

well now...

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/ghostbusters/31571/paul-feig-linked-with-ghostbusters-reboot

With the identity of the director of Ghostbusters 3 still to be determined, news has come to light of another project, a new take on Ghostbusters. This one is a female-driven Ghostbusters, that Variety describes as "a total reboot most likely with female characters played by comedic actresses in the ghostbusting roles". It added that "the script will be written from scratch".

Just thinking about this - maybe Rose Byrne for a new Ghostbuster? Maybe there'd be a scene where she got slimed?

Maybe I'm imagining a different film...

• Upvote 2

In two years' time:

With the identity of the director of Ghostbusters 3 still to be determined, news has come to light of another project, a new take on Ghostbusters. This one is a vehicle-driven Ghostbusters, that Variety describes as "a total reboot most likely with automobile characters played by comedic actors in the ghostbusting roles". It added that "the script will be written from scratch".
  • Upvote 3

They'd be great so I hope there's some truth to the rumours and this finally moves forward.

In the meantime why not post a fanwank list of actors you'd like to see star in this non-existent film:

Chris Pratt

Bill Hader

Aziz Ansari

Brie Larson

Sam Rockwell

Jeff Goldblum

Christopher Walken

Ted Danson

• Upvote 3

I initially thought the all-female reboot was a joke started by Bill Murray. Apparently not - with Feig and now The Heat co-writer Katie Dippold now on scripting duties, it would appear it is moving forward.

Two months ago, it was revealed that Bridesmaids and The Heat director Paul Feig was Sony's favorite to helm their latest attempt at a third Ghostbusters film, which wouldn't be a direct continuation of the franchise but rather a reboot of the series with four female leads. Now, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that The Heat screenwriter Katie Dippold has come on board the project to co-write the script with Feig.

Little is known about the upcoming film, though it is said to focus on an entirely new set of Ghostbusters with the potential for cameos from the original stars. Original Ghostbuster Bill Murray had some suggestions for the casting of the female leads including Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Linda Cardellini, and Emma Stone.

It's unclear what the time frame is on the film, though a previous report indicated an intent to shoot next year in New York City, but check back for more details on the film as we learn them.

Read more: The Heat Screenwriter Katie Dippold Boards Ghostbusters Reboot - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=123800#ixzz3Fa7X0OVG

Why not just make a new film then? I mean...if you're rebooting it with women then you don't want to just switch the genders and have the same roles otherwise it's a bit pointless.